DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st Crash... Bad Damage.. WHo is BEST to send Mavic to to repair.. Price & Quality wise?

Stringfellow-Hawke

Reactions
Ok so i experienced my 1st catastrophic crash with the Mavic, It frustrates the hell out of me because i was literally 1 house away on my way home.. The cellphone flashed out out in the controller saying lost connection? The color cam view went black & white, i hit RTH & the controller text said landing!.. It was not trying to return to home it was trying to land right where i hit RTH.. So i hopped in my car & drove to see the Mavic hovering over a neighbors house about 200ft up.. It failed to respond to commands & then began descending right into the neighbors tall tree.. The Mavic must have then tumbled down & hit hard.. The damage i observe it the Gimbal was ripped right off, 1 blade was damaged, no other noticable damage other than the gimbal...

My question is this, whom do other Mavic pilots use for repairs, my needs are someone reliable, decent turn-around time, & decently priced.. No i DON'T have the drone insurance, might get it after this but i don't have it now..

ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GET MY MAVIC PRO FIXED & FLIGHTWORTHY AGAIN??

So don't hit RTH.
I had the same experience but complete control was still available.
I didn't PANIC but freaked me out a bit.
Sorry for your unfortunate ending but excuse my curiosity, did you have control or was it a panic reaction that made you hit RTH?
I ask because it must block all control once RTH is activated in this situation.
Good luck with repairs and the like.
Edit; Residential interference plays havoc with the controllers if you fly between houses. You have to pick your path very carefully.

Reactions: Former Member
Did you by any chance hit the ‘land’ button instead of RTH & land?
I had the same experience and hit what I thought was RTH, only to hear the voice immediately say ‘landing’ I realised my mistake and cancelled the instruction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky