DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st drone...addicted

Welcome from the mountains of Western NC. Glad you found a drone and LOVE IT. They are quite addictive for sure.

As a new pilot - do you have your TRUST Test done? It's required of ALL US based drone pilots by the FAA. You'll get a certificate upon passing that is required to be with you on ever flight.

Review the forum for many rules / regulations on drone flight - esp the "dreaded" VLOS requirement. Most broken rule out there; so understanding it is critical.

YouTube has many great and some not great (those that go way beyond the rules) videos - so watch the beginner ones to get the most out of your drone. Many bells & whistles - some you may never ever use, but still there.

Great forum here, so upon searching and not finding a real answer to a question - don't hesitate to post asking. You'll find many questions are asked constantly, so searching first helps keep that to a minimum. Post your pics and vids too - vid require a link from another site like VIMEO or YouTube even if you post there.

Keep having FUN even in winter, as long as you take precautions before flying in that NY cold weather. I fly year round here in WNC, not as cold as NY; but does get below freezing often - so don't let that stop you.
thanks for the information
yes i have my trust certificate in my bag
iv registered it, with the reg # on the drone
as far as line of site, iv got great vision , so i can see a long way, lol j/k., but seriously, does anyone ever really get in trouble for not being in LOS with there drone??

as far as line of site, iv got great vision , so i can see a long way, lol j/k., but seriously, does anyone ever really get in trouble for not being in LOS with there drone??
The reality is you will be crucified on the forum for such antics .

However in real life nothing will happen to you unless you smash into something or hurt someone and than you will punished to the fullest extent of the FAA laws.

The biggest real life problem you face is to negotiate the Bird strikes , once you cannot see your drone you have zero defense against them , thus those that do push the limits tend to do it over water or some distant far away swamp where gators roam and People nor building do not exist.

My average flight is 2500 to 3000 ft and is right at the edge not blinking but I will admit to doing some long distant flights in testing our gear with the drones. I do it with spotters not because that is legal but for my own sake .

Here is a great example of how 1 bird made friends with my drone all day long , flight after flight.

VIDEO

Phantomrian.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Last edited:
I just got the air 2s...iv flown it twice
I am officially addicted . The video quality and ease of use are simply amazing ..can't wait till my next flight ✈️
Welcome to the Drone Addicts Club (known as MP) - Rest easy, it usually starts about the time you open the box - Put it in the air...yeah...you're hooked. Just so ya know....NO CURE!! HAHAHAHA

You don't hear about much legal trouble......but smashed up drones that were flown out of sight and then hit something...we hear a lot about them

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

thanks a lot everyone
im on my 5th or 6th flight, it just keeps getting more and more amazing the more i learn what this thing can do
i just got in my truck and drove around the block using active track to track my truck...wow, this would have been science fiction 10 years ago lol

Welcome aboard from Liverpool, NY, I am saying while smiling. I've been flying for about 10 years and everywhere I go; I take my Mini 2. Los of fun and new perspectives. Enjoy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54