DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 day old mini 3 pro tree and water crash

Reactions
Hi all does anyone have experience with DJI care refresh flyaway cover ? I’m a bit confused because they said I should be covered despite the fact I accidentally clipped a tree that was over a river behind me. However the drone didn’t actually just fly away into the deep beyond

Drone is not recoverable from the river unfortunately , well extremely unlikely and unsafe to do so

They have the logs to analysis which should indicate it’s in the river

• Sad
Reactions: WobblingWillie
Basically, if you don't have the drone it's a flyaway issue and you pay the flyaway replacement price in your contract. If you have the drone and can return it then the cost is much lower.
Just start the process with DJI support. It's a simple process.

Why not post your flight TXT from your device here for some to check over ?
It could forearm you with info directing the problem to the equipment and help you bring about a warranty claim.
Sometimes DJIs analysis is too quick and they have missed things in the past, where the analytical people here spot an issue.

Edit to add link to get your TXT . . .

Section 3.

are you saying that you flew into a tree causing the drone to drop into a river and you want DJI to replace the drone?

That's the purpose of Care Refresh, to pay for pilot error replacement.

Reactions: GFields
Yes I just paid $235, they sent new drone battery plus and 16gb SD card
Good to hear.
I just lost my Air2S this morning. I could hear the beep but I believe that it is up high in a tree.
Just filed my Flyaway with DJI an hour ago. Hopefully no snags.

Good to hear.
I just lost my Air2S this morning. I could hear the beep but I believe that it is up high in a tree.
Just filed my Flyaway with DJI an hour ago. Hopefully no snags.
It all went smooth, does take a bit of time

Yes I just paid $235, they sent new drone battery plus and 16gb SD card
A battery Plus? Its worth almost the money. You can fly 47 minutes with battery plus. Atleast here in Europe it cost almost 200 Euro only the battery.

A battery Plus? Its worth almost the money. You can fly 47 minutes with battery plus. Atleast here in Europe it cost almost 200 Euro only the battery.
Yeah I had fly more kit, but I didn't buy it from DJI. I told them I have it, maybe they know which battery I had at the time of crash....I don't know, but they sent me battery plus

I would love to have a battery plus but i don't want to spend 200 bucks for 47 minutes while i can buy 3 normal batteries which is102 minutes for 210 euro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69