DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 lost Mavic pros

Thanks
I did find the platinum very close to where data stopped
Talking to DJI now but they could find nothing from flight log to help(just as you said)
Is there any data stored on drone that might help?
There is an internal data recorder.
What's on that might help (and might not), if it was able to be read.

Hope it’s ok to chime in here. I will soon be pulling the trigger on magic air 2 and have been doing a lot of reading about it and DJI. I find it curious that every time someone sends their flight data to DJI, DJI does not find a problem caused by the drone. And I read on here how inconvenient it is to try and view the .dat file. Would you say my assumption and info is correct or am I off base?

I find it curious that every time someone sends their flight data to DJI, DJI does not find a problem caused by the drone.
And I read on here how inconvenient it is to try and view the .dat file.
Would you say my assumption and info is correct or am I off base?
The thing with flight data is that we can read for ourselves the same data that DJI does.
And it's quite uncommon to see a case where the cause of a flight incident is a DJI problem.
But quite common to see that the cause of the incident was due to something the user did or didn't do.
And for most cases, the .dat file isn't really needed, the txt file is sufficient.

Hope it’s ok to chime in here. I will soon be pulling the trigger on magic air 2 and have been doing a lot of reading about it and DJI. I find it curious that every time someone sends their flight data to DJI, DJI does not find a problem caused by the drone. And I read on here how inconvenient it is to try and view the .dat file. Would you say my assumption and info is correct or am I off base?
I would say it like this ... nearly every time someone put up their logs here for a review, our combined conclusion from those logs usually is the same as those from DJI (the verdict from them depends on if the AC still is under warranty though) ... our conclusions is more filled with the causing details for educational purposes than the explanations coming from DJI.

As already said ... the wast majority of cases shown here is classified as pilot errors as shown in the logs. Sometimes that isn't fulfilling the expectations that the unlucky guys have on a DJI product ... but logs is what both we & DJI have to make the judgement, speculations never tells anyone what really happened & anyone can always think that a flying thing which have potential to damage when falling should be immune to ignorant pilots but it's there the expectation deviate from real facts that man-made things can fail and complicated electronics demand that the user understand how to operate it & how/why it works.

When it comes to the DAT logs they are as easy to retrieve & read as the TXT logs ... from DJI's point of view. But here other initiatives have favored the TXT with various web based services like Airdata.com & Phantomhelp.com. If interested & enough curious you soon will move away from those services & instead focus on the original data in the logs, using other tools to translate it to readable data.

I find it curious that every time someone sends their flight data to DJI, DJI does not find a problem caused by the drone.

That isn’t the case. Whilst most problems are usually pilot error, there are plenty of instances of DJI repairing or replacing drones. Their products are generally very reliable and the most common issues are: simply crashing into something, flying when it’s too windy (particularly with the Mini), not allowing the home point to update (or flying before enough satellites have been detected), ignoring warnings in the app, taking off near metal or magnetic objects, flying where the drone can’t safely RTH if it loses signal (under a bridge or tree canopy, for example). None of these are DJI’s fault. Sadly, even when confronted with the evidence, human nature means that people are often very reluctant to accept they may have caused the problem and much prefer to blame it on the manufacturer.

It’s amazing to me how many new owners have never bothered to read and understand the manual before going out and trying to fly.
Then wondering why they just lost their new drone.

Reactions: pjdurham
The thing with flight data is that we can read for ourselves the same data that DJI does.
And it's quite uncommon to see a case where the cause of a flight incident is a DJI problem.
But quite common to see that the cause of the incident was due to something the user did or didn't do.
And for most cases, the .dat file isn't really needed, the txt file is sufficient.
Thank you.
That isn’t the case. Whilst most problems are usually pilot error, there are plenty of instances of DJI repairing or replacing drones. Their products are generally very reliable and the most common issues are: simply crashing into something, flying when it’s too windy (particularly with the Mini), not allowing the home point to update (or flying before enough satellites have been detected), ignoring warnings in the app, taking off near metal or magnetic objects, flying where the drone can’t safely RTH if it loses signal (under a bridge or tree canopy, for example). None of these are DJI’s fault. Sadly, even when confronted with the evidence, human nature means that people are often very reluctant to accept they may have caused the problem and much prefer to blame it on the manufacturer.
I appreciate the reply

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S