DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 questions for a prospective Mavik buyer

Thank you all for the excellent replies.
I really like the automated self discharge to storage feature but most likely I would just fly it for 10 minutes to draw the voltage down..
I am now perilously close to clicking the "Buy" button
:eek:

Pull it !!!

I did, Friday night.
Fly more combo :cool:

Cheers
Johnny

Ordered the parallel charger on eBay for $42.00 plus shipping. Had the same one for my P3P and I loved it.

Ordered the parallel charger on eBay for $42.00 plus shipping. Had the same one for my P3P and I loved it.
Keep in mind it does not charge simultaneously, only one at a time. Unless you are referring to some aftermarket charger you found.

Keep in mind it does not charge simultaneously, only one at a time. Unless you are referring to some aftermarket charger you found.
I am pretty sure he is referring to this....

71xLwYTjgUL._SL1500_.jpg

How long can the batteries be left connected to the charger?--- so they are ready do go--
Are you referring to the aftermarket charger? if so, you can leave them on indefinitely. The battery controls the charge and shuts it off when it is fully charged.

Yep, went searching after my post and found it on Amazon...added to wishlist. I may wait a little longer and see if any other competitors come out with something similar, preferably one with a discharge function. I would still like for someone to create adapters that would work with my current iMax B6 LiPo charger that I use for other LiPo batteries.

Yep, went searching after my post and found it on Amazon...added to wishlist. I may wait a little longer and see if any other competitors come out with something similar, preferably one with a discharge function. I would still like for someone to create adapters that would work with my current iMax B6 LiPo charger that I use for other LiPo batteries.
well you could buy a spare DJI A/C wall charger for $19 and cut the cord off the charger and then you could use your iMax B6 but would still only be able to use it as a dumb power source not a balance charger. But you would be able to discharge...

Reactions: jcpkkmw
I am talking about an aftermarket charger. They're really nice I've used them before on my phantoms they work great

You will probably never see one with a discharge function or more then a 1C changing capability due to the fact that it's an intelligent battery and I don't think the circuitry will allow it. Even the DJI charger is only a 1C.

You will probably never see one with a discharge function or more then a 1C changing capability due to the fact that it's an intelligent battery and I don't think the circuitry will allow it. Even the DJI charger is only a 1C.
Yeah, I am not concerned with a faster charge rate. I just want to be able to discharge them if I have to take a quick trip and I have the batteries charged which I try to do unless I know I will not be flying for a while. I just like to have the drone ready for anything.

Reactions: Shield2160
I'm generally around a car/atv when i'm flying out in the field and use a power inverter to keep my batteries juiced. It may be cumbersome but my brother and I also have a deep cell marine battery we use when in remote areas with no power source or vehicle available- it lasts a full day(8-10 hours) with a P3 and my Mavic.

Reactions: mothytim
OK I DID IT
I bought the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo direct from DJI on Jan. 10th.
Let's see if their "Will ship in 7 to 10 Days" statement holds true

Reactions: Rangerdave
I have heard that but when you need to travel you may not have 10 days to wait for the batteries to drain to an acceptable level for safety on a plane. I have heard that making them drain quicker is not good either or you continue putting unnecessary cycles on the battery. I would like the ability to drain a battery to storage charge (from full or whatever level it may be at) within a couple of hours which is possible with the charger I have and other batteries.
From what I've read in the manual, you can change the "10 days" discharge cycle down to "1 day" or anything in between if you wish!

From what I've read in the manual, you can change the "10 days" discharge cycle down to "1 day" or anything in between if you wish!
Setting your batteries to discharge every day is going to kill your batteries very quickly. Keep in mind that LiPo batteries normally only have a limited number of charge cycles they are good for. If you are constantly charging/discharging your batteries they will not last nearly as long as you expect them to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes