DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Issues

DanEngland

Reactions
Hi everyone.

I would call it ‘3 Zoom Issues’, but getting the top of my finger cut off by the props while trying to catch it in the air is just my own stupidity.

1. I was flying in Tijuana, Mexico and was about 2 miles away from the drone when it lost signal. I panicked, but thankfully it just returned to home. That said, I thought this thing had 5 miles range??

2. I can’t figure out how to take the 48mp super resolution picture. I thought it might be in camera mode, then quick *****, but I can’t seem to figure it out, nor find any info online.

If anyone can help with these issues, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!
Dan

Can’t help you with the range issue aside from adjust you antennae’s. The super Rez is a simple scroll up. It’s at the bottom below the screen cutoff

The distance claimed by DJI on the Mavic 2 Zoom are under perfect conditions and dont take into account things like :

Line of sight - If there are any obstructions between your remote controller and the drone this will greatly diminish ones ability to connect at farther distances.
Positioning of the Remote Controller with Antenna's pointed towards the position of the drone helps to maximize the line of sight connectivity

Interference: The Mavic 2 uses
3 different modes:-
1) the 20 MHz mode (having 63 channels, from Channel 1 @ 2,410.5MHz to Channel 63 @ 2,472.5MHz, i.e. with 1MHz channel separation),
2) the 10MHz mode (having 73 channels, from Channel 1 @ 2,405.5MHz to Channel 73 @ 2,477.5MHz, i.e. with 1MHz channel separation), &
3) the 1.4MHz mode (having 38 channels, from Channel 1 @ 2,403.5MHz to Chanel 38 @ 2,477.5MHz, i.e. with 2MHz channel seperation).
and if the setting for Channel Selection is in the AUTO position it attempts to select the best channel for transmission.

As one flys away that channel that was selected may no longer be the best channel of communication and thus one can get drop outs and loss of connectivity.
Other devices that are operating at or near the frequency of transmission that have been autoselected can interfere and cause loss of transmission.

K Index - The K-index quantifies disturbances in the horizontal component of earth's magnetic field with an integer in the range 0-9 with 1 being calm and 5 or more indicating a geomagnetic storm. It is derived from the maximum fluctuations of horizontal components observed on a magnetometer during a three-hour interval.
This can interfere with stable transmission from remote to drone.

If you want to go deep into what happened you can post your flight log here on the forum and there are some real guru's who can dissect it to potentially determine the cause.

Reactions: DanEngland
Oh, lets see the finga ... I think there is a thread forum already started here that pertains to nicking fingers and other parts of the body due to props coming in contact with them.

Reactions: DanEngland
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS