Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 2024 totap eclipse at longest covered bridge in the world! 4k

life.in.nb

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Hey folks! Recorded a video of the 2024 total eclipse in Eastern canada. Had clear skies for once! Was recorded in Hartland, New Brunswick at the World's longest covered bridge. I had no special filters available so had to record not aiming at the sun and got landscape until the sun was covered. I managed to capture the moon moving back off and the rays peeking before I had to aim down again.

Speaking of, can we get solar filters (other than ND 2000 which i dont think is enough) for our drones?

It was a quick edit and the fast camera movement was due to the fact I couldn't put it in cinema mode due to the wind gusts up at max altitude.

I did it in real time. No hyperlapse or timed shots.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2024 eclipse at worlds longest covered bridge 4k

Last edited:
Awesome!

I like that you had the camera on manual until it was dark. It showed just how dark it really gets under a total eclipse. Night time in the day time.

Reactions: life.in.nb
I like that you had the camera on manual until it was dark. It showed just how dark it really gets under a total eclipse. Night time in the day time.

Thanks! Yeah the mavic 3 has fantastic low light capability, so I knew leaving things on auto wouldnt show the full extent of what I was seeing. I probably could have jumped my iso up a bit more....it was a gamble. Haha.

Im happy with my decision to film in real time too. I originally was going to go with a timelapse or hyperlapse.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Yeah good call on the real time... I did a timelapse and it happened so fast you could barely see it get dark :(

Reactions: life.in.nb

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cobra443