DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

-27F Battery test

It's there...I missed it at first but found it an have added a graph below.
I see it now, had to unfold my phone (z fold 3), the attachment won't show unless the screen is wide enough.

So seems that it doesn't hardly drop any when you had the starting point around 60.

We haven't had a day even close to -27F here yet, historically that's probably about the coldest we'd ever get here in west Michigan.

Coldest I flew this year was 28F a short run, the battery was never below 65, went to 80s after 5 mins but never had it above 110 this year.

Flown several missions with the Mavic and Mavic 2P in -20F. Taking proper precautions, never had any issues.

UPDATE: I went out today. Probably around -10F. I flew my Mavic three while waiting for a tire to be repaired. I didn't go anywhere and the flight was only 4min so it doesn't mean much but fwiw the battery temp went up 1 deg during that time. Time is short but I do plan to do more testing after the xmas season brutality is over. We have a 360mi drive over the AK range to family in a few days. Hoping for warm temps (anything over 0F).

Man I tried to fly at 20 degrees and my fingers were freezing. I could barely control my drone. I pulled the gloves out and found the drone almost impossible to control. So my hats off to you for this. I didn't notice any depletion of the battery out of normal because of the temperature. But man -45 degrees that is cold.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851