DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Dead Batteries: any hope of resurrection?

CJG

Reactions
Hi all,

I have just I inherited a Mavic Pro original flymore combo.

The drone is ok; but the batteries are completely dead. No LEDs light up. And charging doesn’t work.

Is there any trick that could resurrect them? Or does anyone in the UK want to make an offer for Mavic Pro Flymore Combo without batteries!?

If they are in "Hibernation Mode" you simply connect them to a charger and leave them for about 30min and they should charge. That's only a short-term situation and if they've been flown and then left just sitting they are most likely all three "goners" now.

You can get new batteries for the MP series so it's still a viable system.

If they are in "Hibernation Mode" you simply connect them to a charger and leave them for about 30min and they should charge. That's only a short-term situation and if they've been flown and then left just sitting they are most likely all three "goners" now.

Thanks for this.

From 3rd party sellers? DJI don’t seem to have any batteries on their website.

Reactions: BigAl07
Batteries for the M1P are reasonably priced on ebay. If the ones you have don’t do anything after 24hrs on the charger recycle them. Even if you were to “jump start” them as some suggest can be done a cell can quit working mid flight or just drop below voltage causing the drone to malfunction so flying a $500 drone with a sketchy battery is just a bad idea.

Mike

Hi all,

The drone is ok; but the batteries are completely dead. No LEDs light up. And charging doesn’t work.

Is there any trick that could resurrect them? Or does anyone in the UK want to make an offer for Mavic Pro Flymore Combo without batteries!?
Check out any YouTube videos that show how to revive a dead battery.

If a battery gets low enough on charge that it won’t take a charge it is very likely that internal damage has been done to one of the cells. If, for example, you put it in sport mode and accelerate and climb at the same time, you are putting a high draw on the battery. During that high draw the drone can think it has a dead battery and go into a forced landing or worse, and for sure not the most likely, the battery could catch fire in flight. It just isn’t worth it for a $60 battery.

Mike

Reactions: CJG
Some countries you simply won’t get genuine batteries, many overseas sites won’t ship lipos.
Power Extra makes an aftermarket battery, and while I haven’t tried them, or had a need as yet for them, there are many threads here that report they work same in features as the oem batteries.

Try any and all links you find for oem batteries though, you might find someone willing to ship to you.

Reactions: CJG
Some countries you simply won’t get genuine batteries, many overseas sites won’t ship lipos.
Power Extra makes an aftermarket battery, and while I haven’t tried them, or had a need as yet for them, there are many threads here that report they work same in features as the oem batteries.

Try any and all links you find for oem batteries though, you might find someone willing to ship to you.
I have a couple powerextra ones. One died and the other works fine. To be fair I figure it died from long term storage.

Mike

Thanks for getting back to me

Reactions: BigAl07
Batteries for the M1P are reasonably priced on ebay. If the ones you have don’t do anything after 24hrs on the charger recycle them. Even if you were to “jump start” them as some suggest can be done a cell can quit working mid flight or just drop below voltage causing the drone to malfunction so flying a $500 drone with a sketchy battery is just a bad idea.

Mike
Thanks for getting back to me

Reactions: slozukimc
I have 2 of the M1P's and love flying them. I have a total of 10 good, flyable batteries and 3 that i only use for ground ops (connecting to the computer, etc.)

Reactions: CJG and slozukimc
i had one cell go bad at take 134 ft dead batteries and take off at 100% missed catching it oh yeah there was damage i have powerxtra the have outlasted oem batteries and the battery that crashed my drone was a dji

Reactions: slozukimc
Hi all,

Amazon has replacement batteries for the Mavic Pro for about $75. They are not sold by DJI, but I've found them to be just as good.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato