DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 windy weeks

AndreaBB

Reactions
It’s been 3 weeks from the last flight: too windy to safely enjoy the MM in the south east.
Boring weather.

Hey we had several weeks of dry weather previous.................(before i got my air 2). Last few weeks has been wind, rain and misery! I feel your pain.

Calmer skies will come again :)
I use the time to re-read the manual and always seem to come across some feature of the aircraft I've overlooked or forgotten.

Calmer skies will come again :)
I use the time to re-read the manual and always seem to come across some feature of the aircraft I've overlooked or forgotten.
I spent my money on a tinywhoop I can use indoor

Here it's the same, windy or rain :(
And summer is around the corner, I read somewhere that high temperatures are also not good for flying, because of the batteries that becomes too hot. Is that true? It makes sense.
And I personally don't like high temperatures, even without the drone.
So during the summer I'll be flying maybe only early in the morning or before the sunset :(
Too bad that these days we have very unstable weather with periods of rain and strong wind.

Earlier in the week with the humidity it felt like 40C here in Toronto. I didn't fly those days since I'd just be sweating bullets. Mid twenties temps are fine with me.

Yes, heat is not a good thing for electronics so I don't think I would do a lot of hovering anyway in high temps and I wouldn't put it back in the case right away post flight.

Early morning and sunset are the best times to fly - the light is fantastic!

I had 3 weeks of high winds and rain where I couldn't fly. Last week was the first week I could fly and I flew every afternoon. It was really nice. Plus, as a new pilot, I could tell a big difference in my flying on Friday after 5 days of flying. I had smoother turns and I'm starting to fly in all directions by muscle memory without thinking which way to move the sticks.

Oh and there is always this old axiom:
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air rather than being in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I never heard this one, but it's true!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13