DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 360 for Google Street View

I have some additional details since my previous post.

To upload to Google, my process has gotten a bit convoluted and it is unfortunate, but currently works.

Here is what I do -

1. get the 360 photo with GPS EXIF data - I could use the photo from the DJI software, but it does not embed the GPS metadata, so, I now stitch them with a Higin Command line script. This is still a work in process for me. If you wanted to use the GPS data from another photo in the pano set, you could do this on a desktop (win or mac) by copying the GPS data from one of the photos and injecting it into the exif data of the pano from the dji software. A bit of a pain, but it will work for the next step. If you use Hugin to stitch, it automagically includes the GPS data into the final image. I still have a bit of work to do on my Hugin command line script, but here is an example - Google Maps - much better image quality than the DJI stitching, but giant black hole above.

2. Setup an upload rig - Since my iphone StreetView stopped working entirely now, I found a work-around - Bluestacks Android Emulation on PC. I deployed a basic image of Android in Bluestacks, installed Google Streetview from an older APK that still works perfectly, then imported the 360 images from my pc, and published. This works great at this moment. It may fail when Google Discontinues streetview app, but hopefully the old version will keep working off the API's until something major changes. Fingers Crossed. from my post over on Reddit - "A guy over at Google Guides Connect forum said this "I went back to Google Street View 2.0.0.268460236 (40449) I got the old version from https://apkpure.com/google-street-view/com.google.android.street/versions " This worked for me today, but may not in the future."
Hello, I had succesfull used this method "Android in Bluestacks, installed Google Streetview from an older APK".
I just download 360 image from DJI Mini2 (with DJI flyapp) and uppload images to google.
Here is my two last uploads:

Thank you for very much this tips!!

Best regards
Jari

Hello, I had succesfull used this method "Android in Bluestacks, installed Google Streetview from an older APK".
I just download 360 image from DJI Mini2 (with DJI flyapp) and uppload images to google.
Here is my two last uploads:

Google Maps
Google Maps

Thank you for very much this tips!!
I found another solution, well, I was chatting with an awesome programmer that is active on facebook groups that built a toolset called UL2GSV. He built a new jpg2gsv tool to use the API to upload photos. Here is his project page - JPG2GSV - Google Groups. I have donated to him and I recommend everyone do the same! As for how this works in my drone process - I capture the 360 photos with my drone, transfer the original folder of photos to my pc, stitch then with hugin (GitHub - RookieITSec/HuginPanoScript: I have been working to build a better process to build pano images from my DJI Mini 2 drone.), make sure they are all good, then use the jpg2gsv tool to upload all the completed photos to GSV. I also have a similar workflow with photos taken with my Insta360 x3 - after working through the problems Insta has with their firmware (GPS metadata tags super incorrect on Pureshot photos - I found taking regular JPG spheres has the correct GPS data), I do basically the same thing - capture the photo, copy to my computer, use the insta360 studio software to export the photo, check the photo, then upload with the jpg2gsv tool.

Reactions: jarimy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007