DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 360 Image Summit Lake, Alaska off Richardson Hwy.

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
The day's journey resulted in 72GB so here is a single image to start with. I thought in the past I've been able to insert a link to google photos that showed up inline. It's a 360 image. You have to go to the link and click on it before it can be seen as a360. Not sure why it's no inline.

Last edited:
The day's journey resulted in 72GB so here is a single image to start with. I thought in the past I've been able to insert a link to google photos that showed up inline. It's a 360 image. You have to go to the link and click on it before it can be seen as a360. Not sure why it's no inline.

Very interesting shot. I see there's still some of that white stuff on the lower levels, too.

How was the image stitched? It's very well done.

Lovely image - what a delightfully calming scene, even though I would have been quite tense at the time being that far out over water !

Very interesting shot. I see there's still some of that white stuff on the lower levels, too.

How was the image stitched? It's very well done.
DJI does the stitching automatically. I have other stand alone stitching programs but I've found if the images don't get stitched well by DJI the others have issues too...

Reactions: MS Coast
Lovely image - what a delightfully calming scene, even though I would have been quite tense at the time being that far out over water !
I was 1200 feet over the water (just kidding) but being over water I've never had a problem. I like to be about 300feet up for a 360. It seems to work well. It's mostly a matter of wind for 360's in my experience.

Reactions: Jurgen
A great shot. It took about 30 seconds to snap into focus.
Dale

Dale
I had an 80 year old friend that required about 20minutes of coaching on the phone before he was able to view it as a 360 :) .

I had an 80 year old friend that required about 20minutes of coaching on the phone before he was able to view it as a 360 :) .
well I am an 85 year old, and still standing. In fact, today in about 2 hours an Uber is picking us up for our 3 week trip to Kyrgystan for 23 day photography workshop.
I was able to scan your 360 image immediately but it did take about 30 seconds to snap into focus.

Dale
It's not a focus process. It's progressing image loading by the browser. TA lower-resolution image is loaded initially to give the user something to see quickly, and then replaced line by line with a higher resolution image.

Reactions: bassnbeau
It's not a focus process. It's progressing image loading by the browser. TA lower-resolution image is loaded initially to give the user something to see quickly, and then replaced line by line with a higher resolution image.
Yes- I. know...my point being that it was such a large file.
Dale

Reactions: MS Coast
Well done!

Reactions: sarahb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jspeer2