DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Panorama stitch

chririva

Reactions
Hello,
I'm here to ask for suggestions.
When I am taking 360 panoramas from my M2P through the app, I get a really low resolution stitched panorama in jpg, with a resolution of 8192x4096 (Around 12MB).
Luckily it is possible to store all the raw images taken automatically by the drone to build the panorama (26 pictures, total 1GB).
How can i stitch them properly from the computer? I've tried with photoshop but i got really bad results, and i lost the 360 feature.
Best Regards and fly safe!
Christian

What are you attempting to do with the 360 image i.e. print or web display. The reason I ask is that the in drone jpg is fine for web display and in fact the drone M2 Pro does a very good job most of the time and saves a ton of work. Only issue I have is in mixed light you need multiple panos, to blend later on. For my 360 images, I am going to either crop the drone image and display in Flickr or similar app or upload it to Kuula.co where you can get a true 360 view of the scene. For Kuula the drone image is all you need IMO. See link below. Note that Kuula will pull an amazing amount of detail out of the compressed part of the image on the bottom, the drone will only give you so much sky, but for this type of projection, I really have plenty of sky. For me the view of the output on Kuula or similar site is the best way to really present this type of projection. Note it's Kuula.co. not com.

Single image attempt 2 dji 0837-edit-2

If you are looking for higher resolution work, I would consider.

1. ICE (image composite editor) free from Microsoft. Note it will not work with raw dng images, you need to convert them in LR, ACR, or C1 or other raw converter first and save them as tif or jpg. ICE only works on a native windows OS, (could work on a Mac with VMware or similar).

2. PTGUI, works on Mac or Win and can do a 360 image, More complicated, May allow you to use straight dng but I would still convert the images with an editor first. Will do the best on the sky blends IMO.

3. ACR/LR both can work on the images but I do not really prefer them for 360 images and they were not intended for that type of pano creation from my understanding. But they still might create something.

4. Kolor's Autopano software. Not sure if it's still sold, but they were focused for a while on the 360 type image. Were purchased by GoPro a while back and not sure if the app is still around. Not the best for blending the sky IMO.

Paul C

Cool shot. I love kuula and the M2 pro makes it so much simpler to get the results.

Paul C

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Hello,
When I am taking 360 panoramas from my M2P through the app, I get a really low resolution stitched panorama in jpg, with a resolution of 8192x4096 (Around 12MB).
Luckily it is possible to store all the raw images taken automatically by the drone to build the panorama (26 pictures, total 1GB).
How can i stitch them properly from the computer? I've tried with photoshop but i got really bad results, and i lost the 360 feature.
Christian

Have you looked at 360cities.net? www.360cities.net
As usual, you need to register, establish a password, etc.

Hello,
Christian
Save images of panorama to RAW files on the SD card, and migrate them to software of 360cities.net

I have a Mavic 2 Enterprise model but the craft seems to only produce a low resolution stitched image. Does anyone know how I can access the raw images as I use a 3rd Party software to stich the full resolution images together?
Warwick

I have a Mavic 2 Enterprise model but the craft seems to only produce a low resolution stitched image. Does anyone know how I can access the raw images as I use a 3rd Party software to stich the full resolution images together?
Warwick
Select RAW in the images menu. I use RAW+jpeg so I have a reasonable image for quick use also.

Select RAW in the images menu. I use RAW+jpeg so I have a reasonable image for quick use also.
I tried taking two panoramas with the RAW and RAW + JPEG and both only produce a combined JPEG file that is stitched. As the Enterprise only allows you to use the DJI Pilot App, maybe that stops me from being able to save the original images into a separate folder as the DJI Go 4 app used to allow with the Phantom 4?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato