DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Photo stuck and need help

Panovolo takes the individual photos and stitched them into a panorama (doing a better job than the drone does). You'll need to make those individual files available.

Or you could download it and try yourself, which I suggest you do. My Mini 3 Pro manages to cover most of the sky, so there's only a narrow strip at the zenith that I need to fill in by hand. I use Affinity Photo for that because it lets me edit spherical images and the inpainting tool works well on skies.

A little trick you can try with mini 3/mini 4. There are 2 images closest to zenith. Select them on review page in Panovolo and increase their pitch by about +2.4 degree. In most cases this allows you to close up the small rectangular hole in zenith almost seamlessly.

Panovolo takes the individual photos and stitched them into a panorama (doing a better job than the drone does). You'll need to make those individual files available.

Or you could download it and try yourself, which I suggest you do. My Mini 3 Pro manages to cover most of the sky, so there's only a narrow strip at the zenith that I need to fill in by hand. I use Affinity Photo for that because it lets me edit spherical images and the inpainting tool works well on skies.

Ok so just to make sure i got this. I need software to create a equirectangular projection and another editing software that is needed to fix the skies and do some light editing?

Reactions: Robert Prior
Yes, but only if you are manually creating a pano from the basic pano source photos.
The drone should also create a version with false sky that is saved in the 100Media folder of the drone SD card.

Reactions: redserv
Yes, but only if you are manually creating a pano from the basic pano source photos.
The drone should also create a version with false sky that is saved in the 100Media folder of the drone SD card.
interesting thanks will check that out

I have used Luminar Neo for a couple of years and complained to them when they released panorama stitching that it can't produce a full 360 equirectangular image. I use Microsoft ICE (unsupported but you can still find it) to do the stitching. Then I use an old copy of Photoshop to stretch the sky to make the image 2:1.

I have used Luminar Neo for a couple of years and complained to them when they released panorama stitching that it can't produce a full 360 equirectangular image. I use Microsoft ICE (unsupported but you can still find it) to do the stitching. Then I use an old copy of Photoshop to stretch the sky to make the image 2:1.
Thank you man. I knew something was not right with LN

Thank you man. I knew something was not right with LN
Just to say that I use MS ICE (Image Composite Edotor) to stitch the pano files. (I think ICE only runs on windows PC's (I could be wrong)).

After stitching I use GIMP (another free piece of software) to resize the canvas to the required 2:1 ratio.

I then fill the missing sky with Skyfill (also free).
You can even add a mirror ball in the sky with skyfill if you wish.

Attachments

• 1708872776075.png
    1708872776075.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 1708872856094.png
    1708872856094.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 1708872920741.png
    1708872920741.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 1708872990006.png
    1708872990006.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 1
  • PANO0001_stitch.jpg
    PANO0001_stitch.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Just to say that I use MS ICE (Image Composite Edotor) to stitch the pano files. (I think ICE only runs on windows PC's (I could be wrong)).

After stitching I use GIMP (another free piece of software) to resize the canvas to the required 2:1 ratio.

Man thank you for this. Do you have a workflow or a youtube video that I can follow? This is what I am looking for. Thanks again?

One of issue is when I playback the final image the horizontal line moves all over the place and I will like it locked.

I thought I had written out my workflow in the past but I cannot find it to upload.
So I just jotted down a few things as above, thinking it might help.
There is a great deal more detail to this subject to be understood though.

For example I think that you may not be able to stitch DNG and/or RAW files directly because, they are data files, rather than image files. You first need to convert the DNG and/or RAW files.

I have used both "Adobe Digital Negative Converter" in the past and "RawTherapee".​
I found RawTherapee to be better than Adobe Digital Negative Converter for bulk convertion but I may have had the wrong settings.​
DNG is an Adobe format so you would have thought that Adobe Digital Negative Converter would have been better.​

Anyhow use either .jpg originals or the converted files and stitch using MS ICE or other stitching software.
The chances of getting a stiched image of 2:1 ratio is extremely rare so the resultant image needs to be resized to have a height of half the width.
I use GIMP to resize the canvas but there is still a blank sky.
You can now view this as a panorama using RICOH THETA.

I then fill the sky using SkyFill, or add a mirrored sky.
View attachment PANO100_453converted_stitchResized-filledQuarterReduced.jpg
View with RICOH THETA or other pano viewer.

Last edited:
I thought I had written out my workflow in the past but I cannot find it to upload.
So I just jotted down a few things as above, thinking it might help.
There is a great deal more detail to this subject to be understood though.

For example I think that you may not be able to stitch DNG and/or RAW files directly because, they are data files, rather than image files. You first need to convert the DNG and/or RAW files.

I have used both "Adobe Digital Negative Converter" in the past and "RawTherapee".​
I found RawTherapee to be better than Adobe Digital Negative Converter for bulk convertion but I may have had the wrong settings.​
DNG is an Adobe format so you would have thought that Adobe Digital Negative Converter would have been better.​

Anyhow use either .jpg originals or the converted files and stitch using MS ICE or other stitching software.
The chances of getting a stiched image of 2:1 ratio is extremely rare so the resultant image needs to be resized to have a height of half the width.
I use GIMP to resize the canvas but there is still a blank sky.
You can now view this as a panorama using RICOH THETA.

I then fill the sky using SkyFill, or add a mirrored sky.
View attachment 172927
View with RICOH THETA or other pano viewer.
Thank you soooo much..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks