DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3d mapping with the mavic

black_magic100

Reactions
So I just found the app called Drone deploy that will automatically fly a route and map land/buildings/etc into a 3d map. There is a free version of the app, but I was wondering if it was any good before I waste my time.

Link to website: Pricing & Plans | DroneDeploy

Reactions: Sir Francisc
I have used Drone Deploy recreationally, works fine with the Mavic Pro. My opinion is that unless you have your 107 and can earn some cash, the free version is probably sufficient for planning autonomous flights.

Reactions: Sir Francisc
I have used Drone Deploy recreationally, works fine with the Mavic Pro. My opinion is that unless you have your 107 and can earn some cash, the free version is probably sufficient for planning autonomous flights.
I just got my part 107 actually. $130/month seems like a lot for a starter like myself so I am wondering if the free version produces a good image.

I just got my part 107 actually. $130/month seems like a lot for a starter like myself so I am wondering if the free version produces a good image.
Most of my mapping is smaller sites, if that is the case for you try MapsMadeEasy, most small sites can be processed for free.

Most of my mapping is smaller sites, if that is the case for you try MapsMadeEasy, most small sites can be processed for free.
How is the quality? I will definitely check it out.

Out of curiosity... What do you use it for mainly?

This app looks amazing. I'm on my android right now, but it appears to be $10 on the app store. If that is the case I will 100% pick it up. Thanks!!

Reactions: north6633
How is the quality? I will definitely check it out.

Out of curiosity... What do you use it for mainly?
The quality is right up there with drone deploy. You don't necessarily need to use their app you can still use other apps like drone deploy to capture the images. I use it mainly to Overlay in CAD and do site work.

Reactions: borzoiboy
The quality is right up there with drone deploy. You don't necessarily need to use their app you can still use other apps like drone deploy to capture the images. I use it mainly to Overlay in CAD and do site work.
I see they have a $10 app and a $40 app. Not sure what the difference is, but you are saying that I could just download dronedeploy, which I believe the app is free and then stitch the images in mapsmadeeasy?

I see they have a $10 app and a $40 app. Not sure what the difference is, but you are saying that I could just download dronedeploy, which I believe the app is free and then stitch the images in mapsmadeeasy?
Correct, I've used that process for a while now with no problem. I like the DroneDeploy app better but like the free or per job pricing of MME

So I just found the app called Drone deploy that will automatically fly a route and map land/buildings/etc into a 3d map. There is a free version of the app, but I was wondering if it was any good before I waste my time.

Link to website: Pricing & Plans | DroneDeploy

I used it with my P3P a few years ago, below is a link to the video. I found it to be OK, maybe its been improved.

DroneDeploy

Here's another DroneDeploy

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Flys
I've been trying Altizure app for capturing and Maps Made easy for the stitching process. The app is simple, free, works ok at a first glance, but then you get pictures out of focus most of the flights, so you may end up losing all the work and wasting time repeating missions. Too bad maps made easy don't have an android app.

I've been trying Altizure app for capturing and Maps Made easy for the stitching process. The app is simple, free, works ok at a first glance, but then you get pictures out of focus most of the flights, so you may end up losing all the work and wasting time repeating missions. Too bad maps made easy don't have an android app.
Why not use the dronedeploy app?

Why not use the dronedeploy app?
I will give it a try. I just didn't want to use it right away because it has a free trial period (30 days) with some good features so I wanted to make sure I'll be using it when I was more familiar with 3d mapping. But it seems superior to altizure indeed.

I will give it a try. I just didn't want to use it right away because it has a free trial period (30 days) with some good features so I wanted to make sure I'll be using it when I was more familiar with 3d mapping. But it seems superior to altizure indeed.
No the app is free isn't it? I was just saying use Droneeasy app and mapsmadeeasy to stitch. Somebody else recommended that

No the app is free isn't it? I was just saying use Droneeasy app and mapsmadeeasy to stitch. Somebody else recommended that

Yes it is. But once drone deploy offers a trial with full features I was thinking about use D.D. to get the images and do the 3d processing as well. After that I'll just use D.D. with mapsmadeeasy. D.D. pricing is way too much for small private work purposes like mine.

Yes it is. But once drone deploy offers a trial with full features I was thinking about use D.D. to get the images and do the 3d processing as well. After that I'll just use D.D. with mapsmadeeasy. D.D. pricing is way too much for small private work purposes like mine.
exactly my thoughts. Their pricing is ridiculous unless you are doing some SERIOUS turnover. They should really charge per job and not monthly imo.

Reactions: Mr. RTH
I'm totally new to mapping....I read through the thread and still a bit confused.
Are there any good free mapping apps for iOS at this time? And is my understanding correct that you use the mapping app to gather images and then use something like Maps Made Easy to piece together the images? (sorry, newb questions :))

I'm totally new to mapping....I read through the thread and still a bit confused.
Are there any good free mapping apps for iOS at this time? And is my understanding correct that you use the mapping app to gather images and then use something like Maps Made Easy to piece together the images? (sorry, newb questions :))

Mapping allows you to create 3d virtual reality maps so view landscapes from any angle. It is much more complex than that, but that is the gist of the idea. It can be used for many different things.

Pix4dCapture and Drone Deploy app are both free for iOs. MapsMadeEasy also has its own app for capturing (only iOS version, about $10). Altizure is also free.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54