DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D Printer Advice

MrMavic

Reactions
I want to make some accessories for my Mavic, and I want to get into 3D printing. I'm starting at ground level here, so I could use some input on what is the best 3D printer on the market for the money right now. There are so many available on Amazon I have no idea where to start. I want the largest volume and accuracy one for the best price. Can someone guide me a little here?

The Flashforge Dreamer is a nice entry level printer. It has a large printing area and is enclosed which helps maintain the heat and cuts down on the noise a bit.

If you can double your budget, the MakerGear M2 is very nice. I own two of these and prefer them over the Flashforge Dreamer since they are easier to level, built better, and can print faster. The downside is that they take up a little more room and are noisier since the printer is not covered.

FYI, if anyone is interested in a Flashforge Dreamer, I'm selling both of mine. They are in good condition. PM me for details if you're in the US.

Last edited:
I would go an ultimaker or some other one that is a complete unit and is tried and proven.
Make sure it is enclosed, has auto bed levelling, auto nozzle height.
Heated bed is a must for printing ABS.
PLA is to ridged for RC parts.
I have the Makerfarm i3V and while it is a fantastic printer now, it has taken a lot of effort in upgrades and tuning to get right.
Hours of work and in the thousands of dollars to get right.
Then I see on YouTube and young kid unboxing his ultimaker or similar printer, plugging it into the wall and bashing out a print superior to what I can get with little to no effort.
Trust me, spend in the 2 or 3 thousand dollar range and you won't regret it.
Actually sounds like the same lesson can be learnt with the Mavic.
Sure you can get a drone for $200 or $300 dollars, build it yourself, spend $600 and countless hours to upgrade it and it still won't come close to a Mavic.
Or just buy the Mavic from the outset and enjoy how it does everything well and never regret your purchase.

Don't break the bank. I bought an I3 Duplicator with a new hot end and a borosilicate glass bed...all for under $450. Printed a bunch of upgrades for it and the print quality was just as good as the $1k printers in our school lab.

I print Mavic parts in PLA everyday. Auto bed leveling is nice but not necessary if you put nylon lock nuts on the underside of your heated bed.

Also, don't spend too much on consumer 3D printers right now, the extruder layer technology has just about peaked and other sources of printing are becoming more readily available.

I3 Duplicator is the way to go.
I have two of them and can print as good as a $1000 machine any day.

Reactions: dmanisgnarly
Don't break the bank. I bought an I3 Duplicator with a new hot end and a borosilicate glass bed...all for under $450. Printed a bunch of upgrades for it and the print quality was just as good as the $1k printers in our school lab.

I print Mavic parts in PLA everyday. Auto bed leveling is nice but not necessary if you put nylon lock nuts on the underside of your heated bed.

Also, don't spend too much on consumer 3D printers right now, the extruder layer technology has just about peaked and other sources of printing are becoming more readily available.
Is this the one you're talking about?
Wanhao duplicator i3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13