DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd Party Batteries

Ok. I can get behind that. Perhaps flat cell phone style cells or a combo of battery cells to accommodate the case design. All I know is I have two DJI style batteries that are dead after one charge and one flight. No more 3rd party Mavic batteries for me.
There may be common sizes but LiPos have various shapes and sizes, many custom for the application. They typically will be rectangular with a sealed polymer bag as the container. Most electronic devices with non replacable batteries or battery modules use these such as laptops, phones, etc. They are efficient in the space used.
Li-Ions on the other hand are cylindrical metal cans with common physical sizes but varying electrical characteristics. You'll likely find these in rechargeable flashlights, cordless phones, etc. Power tools probably use them too.

Reactions: allenface
So you are saying all lithium DJI battery packs are special proprietary cells made just for DJI? Even my Anton Bauer batteries for my professional video camera are comprised of banded lithium Gold Top D-cells. Quite surprised DJI batts are special.
No- thats not what I said.

Here you go. Found it by googling.

Just completely disassemble one of my two new but inoperative 3rd batteries and low and behold, there is a broken wire pair. Not sure if it's broken or never attached. But it appears to go to the ON/OFF switch. I would attempt to fix but I have no way of knowing R from L or precisely, + or -, so I'm staying away.
However, it does seem to be a factory defect. I was very careful in my disassembly action so I fairly certain I didn't pop it as I was taking the case apart. I'm better the gel paks are good but once again...lesson learned. OEM all the way from now on.wire.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
Just completely disassemble one of my two new but inoperative 3rd batteries and low and behold, there is a broken wire pair. Not sure if it's broken or never attached. But it appears to go to the ON/OFF switch. I would attempt to fix but I have no way of knowing R from L or precisely, + or -, so I'm staying away.
However, it does seem to be a factory defect. I was very careful in my disassembly action so I fairly certain I didn't pop it as I was taking the case apart. I'm better the gel paks are good but once again...lesson learned. OEM all the way from now on.View attachment 87898
So why didn't you contact PowerExtra and get it replaced like we suggested?

So why didn't you contact PowerExtra and get it replaced like we suggested?
I have tried but no response. For me, two new batteries that charged once only and the company not responding, puts them on my “Do Not Buy List”. Also I bought them in October, charged them, but haven’t had a chance to use them until now. I’m guessing I’m out of Return Policy period. But with no response, I’ll never know. Just took delivery of two new OEM batteries and I’m feeling very confident. Taking the loss of the PowerExtra batts.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet