DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Sorry for the dumb question---but without cellular activation how do any of the phones work?

Simba
For flying with it, all you need is wifi because that is how the drone and controller and phone speak with each other, not cellular, just dedicated drone wifi.

where did you buy so cheap?
Chinese sites like Gearbest, Banggood and Tomtop. Mostly introductory sales where the price was deflated. It requires following them on a routine basis. But I was looking for the Octa to Deca Core CPU's, more then 2.0GHz, and other specs that would prevent video lag. The Huawei Ascend didn't have the specs or performance I was seeking.

I've had no problems using mine. Other than the odd disconnect, maybe three times in about 4 months.

Yes DJI GO4 version 4.3.8 seems to be working

Might be time for mine to get pulled out again. Ive been using my iPhone XS because I couldn't get the wunderphone to work with my Mavic 2 when it first came out.
Best I can tell the Mavic 2video transmission is too much for the Huawei Ascend phone - unless there is some way to transmit a lower quality feed to the RC. The wonder phone is holding up for Mavic Pro although I have not updated anything for a few months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys