DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I removed the SIM but it shows "No SIM" in the status bar, it used to show cellular signal strength. How do I get that signal indicator back? I'm on Go 4.1.19. My Wunderphone just updated to ios 11.3 and now there's a notch on display. apkPOOR fails to download iTunes on my phone, and I see no hamburger menus, only a wine list. And where's the option for 30,000 laser dots? This phone sucks. I paid FORTY. NINE. DOLLARS. for it and there's even no offline paper map glued to the back. I'm returning it to Walmart for full $119 refund! ONE STAR!!!
just send the phone to me,ill take it off your hands,im just that kind of guyThumbswayup

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Can someone confirm.... I picked up this phone and flew a bit yesterday and yes off of a full battery not one issue, it was flawless... but I am running dji go 4.1.15.

The only thing I noticed is that under the editor and create movie free form (where it generates a 30 second video) that when rotating in landscape mode half of the video is cut off while playing.... I would guess this is a bug in dji go 4.1.15, but if someone could confirm, please

I am one week new to this whole thing but did get the MP and the Wunderphone on the same day. I ran into the same issue with the free form 30 second movie. Like I said I am new to the whole thing, have only flown it 3 days so I am not sure if it was the App version, (I am now in .15) or the phone because I have nothing to compare to but did, again, see the same thing. The regular editor seems to work.
( we can switch to another forum to debate how ill-advised this flight was - this is about the Wunderphone)

Could not figure out how to fade-to-black at the end in the editor....

Kudos for great work at rcgroups!

You can get Elate (aka Wunderphone RPE - Rich Pilot Edition) for only $16 more at bestbuy. Same thing.

I have my 3rd one still sealed in box, but one has to pry it off my cold hands, I love this steal so much. I'm open to exchanging it for a NIB firmware rollbackable Mavic, no less. :D
LOL...I hear yah...tried to snag one when it was $49, but they (Walmart AND Jet) wouldn't ship to Hawaii. ********

Last edited by a moderator:
just send the phone to me,ill take it off your hands,im just that kind of guyThumbswayup

Thanks for the offer. I'll send it when Windows 10 I just downloaded from apkpoor will finish installing on it so you can use command line to troubleshoot those Pink Screens of Death. This phone ruined my life.

cat-humor-funny-dear-santa.jpg

Reactions: NinjaNut and rickw
I am one week new to this whole thing but did get the MP and the Wunderphone on the same day. I ran into the same issue with the free form 30 second movie. Like I said I am new to the whole thing, have only flown it 3 days so I am not sure if it was the App version, (I am now in .15) or the phone because I have nothing to compare to but did, again, see the same thing. The regular editor seems to work.
( we can switch to another forum to debate how ill-advised this flight was - this is about the Wunderphone)

Could not figure out how to fade-to-black at the end in the editor....

No idea. With almost 100% certainty, this problem is not Wunderphone-specific.

I suggest using a dedicated wunder for flying only, no editing.

Reactions: rickw
There have been a few pros mentioned about using a micro SD card for expanded storage (maps, video, ...) that seem reasonable. I thought I would mention the reason I'm not installing one.

I am currently using a Nvidia Shield K1. It works well but I struggle to see the screen unless I hide in the shadows. I'm hoping the Wunderphone delivered yesterday solves this for me. Anyhow, the K1 is 16 GB also (Android 6 though as there were issues reported with 7) and I manage with that amount of storage currently.

The reason I don't use a micro SD card is that I like the slot open and available for me to put my Mavic's card in after a flight. I then connect to my network via WiFi and start uploading recent files (drone recordings and screen recordings) to my OneDrive. The drone and tablet (soon to be Wunderphone) are in the garage but I can get at all of the video from OneDrive on my PC or Surface Pro in the house or anywhere.

It would be handy to have more storage on the dedicated phone/tablet but I survive. Screen recordings at 720p don't suck up space like drone recordings do.

Thanks all for the information in the thread and especially to XDP for the FYI.

There have been a few pros mentioned about using a micro SD card for expanded storage (maps, video, ...) that seem reasonable. I thought I would mention the reason I'm not installing one.

I am currently using a Nvidia Shield K1. It works well but I struggle to see the screen unless I hide in the shadows. I'm hoping the Wunderphone delivered yesterday solves this for me. Anyhow, the K1 is 16 GB also (Android 6 though as there were issues reported with 7) and I manage with that amount of storage currently.

The reason I don't use a micro SD card is that I like the slot open and available for me to put my Mavic's card in after a flight. I then connect to my network via WiFi and start uploading recent files (drone recordings and screen recordings) to my OneDrive. The drone and tablet (soon to be Wunderphone) are in the garage but I can get at all of the video from OneDrive on my PC or Surface Pro in the house or anywhere.

It would be handy to have more storage on the dedicated phone/tablet but I survive. Screen recordings at 720p don't suck up space like drone recordings do.

Thanks all for the information in the thread and especially to XDP for the FYI.

I popped in a 128 card and switched the memory to the card. Again I am new, but if you are putting in the card from your MP anyway isn't it just as easy to pull the other SD card out at the same time? Also, the cache fills up very quickly with 16gb, and I have already gone back to look at previous flights footage on the phone. You can set the cache to wipe after a greater amount of time/space if you use a larger SD card.

I popped in a 128 card and switched the memory to the card. Again I am new, but if you are putting in the card from your MP anyway isn't it just as easy to pull the other SD card out at the same time? Also, the cache fills up very quickly with 16gb, and I have already gone back to look at previous flights footage on the phone. You can set the cache to wipe after a greater amount of time/space if you use a larger SD card.
I agree with this. I'd think you could use one SD installed for DJI Go 4 maps and stuff, take it out, put in the MP SD card, transfer the files, then swap them back without any problems as long as you only swap the card when you are ready to transfer. Swap them back and exit the app.

I disable cache preferring a screen recording so I can see all of the warnings, distances, settings I update, ... The OneDrive app identifies recent files so I can easily grab video from the sd card (drone) or internal (screen recordings) at the same time, start the upload, and go inside (I don't have time to wait for them to upload). If I did the card swap you mention I would have to upload some, swap cards, upload the rest.

Now a normal person would just grab the memory cards and take them inside to their PC and be done with it but that is not an option for me at this time so do it this way.

I've never run out of space on my current 16 GB tablet. I do need to manage it but have. I also never have more than two flights of screen recordings on it as once.

if you are putting in the card from your MP anyway isn't it just as easy to pull the other SD card out at the same time?

I haven't tried pulling SD out (when it's set as primary storage) and putting another one in, but would hazard a guess that since the apps are on that first SD, you won't be able to launch any apps (e.g. OneDrive) other than system apps. If someone can do an experiment and let us know, that would be a valuable contribution. (I'm too lazy, sorry. :D)

Another thing, as soon as you insert another SD into the phone, Android system can create various folders on the card, probably even the whole folder tree for the apps, data, temp files, etc. Call me OCD, but I just hate it when the OS springs into action and sprawls its junk on any pristine SD card I insert. (Of course, it can be reformatted in Mavic, but still...)

I haven't tried pulling SD out (when it's set as primary storage) and putting another one in, but would hazard a guess that since the apps are on that first SD, you won't be able to launch any apps (e.g. OneDrive) other than system apps. If someone can do an experiment and let us know, that would be a valuable contribution. (I'm too lazy, sorry. :D)

I thought of that too but forgot to mention it. Stupid brain...

Another thing, as soon as you insert another SD into the phone, Android system can create various folders on the card, probably even the whole folder tree for the apps, data, temp files, etc. Call me OCD, but I just hate it when the OS springs into action and sprawls its junk on any pristine SD card I insert. (Of course, it can be reformatted in Mavic, but still...)

Great point! And a reminder to me not to remove the 128 card and swap it. I have been iOS since the first iPhone (and was a strong defender of everything iOS) so I am a bit foggy on the ability to actually add removable storage to a device. Getting through this mild-iOS-Stolkholm Syndrome is very freeing..... Thanks to XDP and the Wunderphone! (might owe him some $ for this therapy)

it's good doesn't crash like 90% of the time. ON 4.1.15. doing what everyone said. no lag great processor power but iPhone crashes never and this crashes 10% of the time. still worth it since I can use the sd card and barebone apps.

Getting through this mild-iOS-Stolkholm Syndrome is very freeing.....

That's just PERFECT wording of the reality that ios is! I've been in the apple communist state behind iron curtain since 2007 (I was iphone's instant adopter even when everybody was sceptical) and finally got fed up with their circus in ca. 2013 and dove head first into Android and Windows. Best decision I've ever made. It's like finally being able to leave barb-wired North Korea and see America for the first time. Most importantly, it freed my mind to see and try different things instead of worshiping an Emperor. I now use ios, macos, Android, Windows (phone and laptop/tablet), Android Wear, as needed, they are just tools, none is perfect and none is worth worshipping.*

For some people, $49 would not only give them a device, but may open their eyes that have been wide shut.

Enjoy!

* except Wunderphone, of course :D

Reactions: Wrinkle249
I downloaded the APK 4.1.15 from the link provided by the OP. But during the installation process, keep saying the file is corrupted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix