DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

OK witch one of you guys is this on ebay...................................
s-l1600.jpg

I'm guessing this'll put a dent in the sales of the 5.5" Crystalsky.
You have to wonder, is it really worth 10 times the price of this phone ???

I haven't seen CS in person to give an educated answer, but for 10x difference in $$ I just can't imagine what needs to be so great about CS to justify it, WP is totally sufficient for flying and visible outdoors. The other major thing about CS (and Epson Moverios) that puts me off is that they have their own proprietary Android implementation, plus a castrated Play Store. All of which spells problems, whether installing prior versions of Go 4 or managing the device in general.

Besides, WP can be used in many capacities, including being a daily driver; CS has no general use other being Mavic screen.

Is there a way to get rid of the annoying AT&T logo and chime on startup?

I got my wunderphone yesterday. Can't wait to try it out. My mavic is coming next week. I had my first crash. Hit a branch and fell 25 feet damaging gimball. I used dji refresh and hope I get a good one. I'm impressed so far with the service. Fingers crossed.

Does the sticker on the back (showing "Made in China," SKU, etc.) come off easily or is it meant to be permanent? I hate stickers. Picky, picky.

Does the sticker on the back (showing "Made in China," SKU, etc.) come off easily or is it meant to be permanent? I hate stickers.
Me too. My sticker peeled off cleanly.

root the device and download es file explorer, and you can delete the
boot animation

Is this easy to do. I’m coming from the dark side (Apple..) so don’t know what this means

root the device and download es file explorer, and you can delete the
boot animation

How do you root this phone, I've tried everything I could find but this phone seems to be unrootable at the moment....

Thank you so much Extreme for this great heads up. All I can I can say is WOW! This phone is awesome. This is my first Android device. I air played some videos on Youtube to my Amazon Fire TV Stick and big screen Samsung. This thing plays very well with the Fire TV Stick, much better than my $800.00 iPhone 6 Plus. Also loaded the Talkatone free phone app, and it woks perfectly for that also. I wish I would have purchased 6 instead of only two. I plan on using one of them for flying and one for streaming video.
Thanks again Xtreme.
PS, anyone know if there are any more available anywhere for this price or close to it?

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Is there a way to get rid of the annoying AT&T logo and chime on startup?

Yes, the lazyman way: never startup your Wunderphone ever again. I started mine more than a week ago, put it in RC arms, and other than flying with it, I forgot about it: no need to turn it off or even recharge. A miracle of phone.

Anyone have a tip on the best 64 - 128 GB Mini SD Cards to use on this Gem?

Thank you so much Extreme for this great heads up. All I can I can say is WOW! This phone is awesome. This is my first Android device. I air played some videos on Youtube to my Amazon Fire TV Stick and big screen Samsung. This thing plays very well with the Fire TV Stick, much better than my $800.00 iPhone 6 Plus. Also loaded the Talkatone free phone app, and it woks perfectly for that also. I wish I would have purchased 6 instead of only two. I plan on using one of them for flying and one for streaming video.
Thanks again Xtreme.
PS, anyone know if there are any more available anywhere for this price or close to it?

Glad you like it, have a blast!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon90