DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I just watched a video from A.T.& T. about this phone. It states that the phone will take up to a 32 meg. Micro SD card. I have read some posts here that say they have used 64 & 128 gig. Which is correct?
Thanks

I’m using a 128 gb card - no problems but I Wunder if it will write more than 32 gb? Hope XDP doesn’t tear me a new one for not carefully reading the specs - I was post #8 on the first page of this thread so hopefully that gives me some cred.

Flew 2 miles from my house today over a little county park with no people but definitely in a city. I also was getting the HD flashing. Flew a while until the video feed got pixelated. I’m sure it was just interference from surrounding houses. Went out on Sport full stop at 41 mph to 10,720 feet came back and hovered for a bit figuring out camera settings. Second week with the drone and Wunderphone, love them both. Landed with less than 10% battery - Wunderful after-work run!

the interference has nothing to do with the phone. I used my iPhone and could only fly like 1200 meters from my home in a highly urban population area. I went to the beach which is a state national park and thus no houses for miles. I flew 3 miles no interference.

I’m using a 128 gb card - no problems but I Wunder if it will write more than 32 gb? Hope XDP doesn’t tear me a new one for not carefully reading the specs - I was post #8 on the first page of this thread so hopefully that gives me some cred.

Flew 2 miles from my house today over a little county park with no people but definitely in a city. I also was getting the HD flashing. Flew a while until the video feed got pixelated. I’m sure it was just interference from surrounding houses. Went out on Sport full stop at 41 mph to 10,720 feet came back and hovered for a bit figuring out camera settings. Second week with the drone and Wunderphone, love them both. Landed with less than 10% battery - Wunderful after-work run!
Better be careful, Barney Fife might get out his Crayons and write you up. ....

There are two ways, but the simplest is to hold down the power and volume up buttons.
It's in the Manual by the way...Page 25. Just sayin'.

thats cool/..........you got a manual....................LOL

Actually, the dinky booklet that came with the phone was too small to read, so I did what most would do in the situation...Google "Huawei Ascend XT2 Manual".
I saved you all the trouble lol.

Attachments

• Huawei-Ascend-XT2-H1711.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Actually, the dinky booklet that came with the phone was too small to read, so I did what most would do in the situation...Google "Huawei Ascend XT2 Manual".
I saved you all the trouble lol.
This is probably a dumb question. Why would you need an sd card when only using the phone for the go app. What are you storing on the card and how do you do this, don't see anything in the manual.

Played around with the screen shot and screen record this morning. Super easy to use and works great. Can't do this on my S7 without jumping through hoops.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
This is probably a dumb question. Why would you need an sd card when only using the phone for the go app. What are you storing on the card and how do you do this, don't see anything in the manual.

You don't need it. But with it, you can have vastly more room for video cache, video edits, and offline maps than the ~8GB of free space on internal storage. SD cards are cheap, 32GB Samsung EVO 100MB/s is on sale now for only 10 bucks.

Reactions: rickw
No, not a dumb question. That's what this forum is for. The reason you need the SD Card in your phone is because the Go4 App records your flights onto your phone, or whatever device you are using as FPV (First Person View) along with any maps you have cached. This is a lower resolution recording. The HD recording will be onboard the Mavic on the SD Card, along with cached maps.

If you lose your bird or you just want to look at flight data from a flight, it will be recorded onto the SD Card of your FPV "this phone" as long as you specified the card for main storage. This phone has a limited 16 GB capacity, and the operating system of this phone hogs down all but about 7 GB. That's why we need to add the SD card for more storage.
You may need the flight data stored on the SD Card to show to DJI should you have a crash or malfunction.
The recording can be set to loop, erasing oldest recordings to record new data. That setting is in the app.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr