DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I have gone through a half dozen or so flights now, not a single crash of the app. HOWEVER, I do have a HECK of a time getting the app to connect to the Mavic though. I have tried different/ better cords etc, and not once have I been able to connect without starting the app, force quitting the app, then restarting the app. Not one single time. Once its up and running, it has been great, its just (for me) been a royal pain to get it up and running.
I had similar issues with my LG-G2. The trick was to connect the phone last, after booting the RC and the Mavic. I connect my LG-G2 to the RC cable, then unplug the top of the cable where it connects to the RC. Boot everything up - plug in the cable. Android asks if I want DJI Go4 or Litchi - and it works every time.

I had similar issues with my LG-G2. The trick was to connect the phone last, after booting the RC and the Mavic. I connect my LG-G2 to the RC cable, then unplug the top of the cable where it connects to the RC. Boot everything up - plug in the cable. Android asks if I want DJI Go4 or Litchi - and it works every time.

I have done that, but left the plug in the RC, then connected to the phone after everything else was up and running. I will try your method shortly, as long as the snow holds off for another hour.

I have done that, but left the plug in the RC, then connected to the phone after everything else was up and running. I will try your method shortly, as long as the snow holds off for another hour.
Yeah, I just found it easier to plug in the RC end last, instead of fumbling around with the phone. Either way is good.

Yep, and for Wunderphone, it's a God-sent feature, which allows you to keep your dedicated Mavic screen in RC arms permanently, no need to ever take it out tearing&wearing the arms and the USB connector. With Wunderphone, RC lasts about 8 batteries worth of flying. So, the easiest course of action is to stop worrying and love the bomb.

apocalypse_movies_02.jpg

8 batteries,lmao like 2 if your that lucky

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
So....many thanks to XDP and other contributors to this thread. I finally got the Wunderphone after Walmart lost in in Florida for a week. I’m getting it set up to be solely used for the Mavic Pro and Osmo Mobile.

First time Android User so I’m taking my time to get it done. I’ve gone through the process of loading DJI Go 4 version .18 and then .15 and got it working on the bench...(Go App is also working on the Osmo).

I’m very satisfied with the Wunderphone and the screen brightness should give me more visibility in sunlight than my iPhone 6 or iPad mini 2.

I’m almost ready for some test flights but had a Mavic Pro firmware question. I haven’t upgraded the firmware in months. I’ve had the Mavic for about a year with over 100 flights in US and Iceland (OK...so it was only one flight in Iceland)....in all that time, I haven’t had a single glitch during the flights. At times, the video would lag but that was only when I was several thousand feet away from the controller in a heavily populated area.

That said, I’m really satisfied but I am still operating with FW Ver 01.03.550. So I’m thinking it might be time to upgrade the firmware on everything but the controller (stick with .15 ). Any advice about keeping 01.03.550 or upgrading to current would be greatly appreciated.
don't go above 700,thats what I'm using

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
So....many thanks to XDP and other contributors to this thread. I finally got the Wunderphone after Walmart lost in in Florida for a week. I’m getting it set up to be solely used for the Mavic Pro and Osmo Mobile.

First time Android User so I’m taking my time to get it done. I’ve gone through the process of loading DJI Go 4 version .18 and then .15 and got it working on the bench...(Go App is also working on the Osmo).

I’m very satisfied with the Wunderphone and the screen brightness should give me more visibility in sunlight than my iPhone 6 or iPad mini 2.

I’m almost ready for some test flights but had a Mavic Pro firmware question. I haven’t upgraded the firmware in months. I’ve had the Mavic for about a year with over 100 flights in US and Iceland (OK...so it was only one flight in Iceland)....in all that time, I haven’t had a single glitch during the flights. At times, the video would lag but that was only when I was several thousand feet away from the controller in a heavily populated area.

That said, I’m really satisfied but I am still operating with FW Ver 01.03.550. So I’m thinking it might be time to upgrade the firmware on everything but the controller (stick with .15 ). Any advice about keeping 01.03.550 or upgrading to current would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Exclusive Wunderpilots Club! Thumbswayup:D

Now...

DON'T UPGRADE YOUR FW TO THE LATEST!!! (1.04.0100) IF YOU DO THAT, YOU'RE IN A TRAP, YOU CAN'T ROLLBACK

If you're happy with where you are, don't fix it.

Try 4.1.9 or 4.1.3

Well, 4.1.9 seems to be working with the T3.
Thanks a lot for that. Thumbswayup
Video feed seems good although I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly as it's dark here now.
I was about to put it back on ebay too. :)
I'll report back once I've tried it some more.
The Wundertablet dream is back on. :D

Last edited:
I have gone through a half dozen or so flights now, not a single crash of the app. HOWEVER, I do have a HECK of a time getting the app to connect to the Mavic though. I have tried different/ better cords etc, and not once have I been able to connect without starting the app, force quitting the app, then restarting the app. Not one single time. Once its up and running, it has been great, its just (for me) been a royal pain to get it up and running.

App version?

I wonder if the app isn't trying to connect to the Spark like mine is doing. Check the entry page and make sure it's set to Mavic Pro. I'm running .15 and that's what it's doing to me.

I wonder if the app isn't trying to connect to the Spark like mine is doing. Check the entry page and make sure it's set to Mavic Pro. I'm running .15 and that's what it's doing to me.

Mine knows it’s supposed to connect to the Mavic Pro...on the screen where it shows the pic of the Mavic Pro, it says “rc connected” “Go Fly”. Once I hit go fly, and the screen come up, it says aircraft disconnected in red in the upper left hand corner. I have to force stop the app, relaunch, and 85% of the time it’s fine. The other 15% I have to either force quit again, or completely re-start the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiremobiledevelopers