DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

As a Spark owner now, too, I can see the logic of Go 4 showing the default home screen on startup: it doesn't know what other DJI drones you might have and want to fly now, you have to select it yourself. (and remember, we're all having first world problems here, this is just one of many) At any rate, powering on the RC first (which is Mavic-only, so it tells the app, "Here's Johnny!" :D) is a way to go.

I now usually power Mavic first so it starts grabbing sats, RC next, Go 4 last. Another benefit of doing this is that Go 4's status panel (the one you have to dismiss to get to Flight screen) will show current status, so if Mavic already locked sats, it will show GPS mode, unlike showing ATTI/OPTI if doing the other way.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
If you want to give me 2 apps for one low cost

There's no mechanism to do that. You can get app bundles for lower cost on the same platform, but you can't get or even hope for discount across two different financial entities. Remeber, these entities get 30% of the sales. They want your money! Again, kudos to developer for doing some discounts behind the scenes. Personally, I wouldn't even think about asking. An app that can let you program autonomous missions and experience drone VR, for only ~20 bucks? Take my money!!! :D

Reactions: rickw and BD0G
Thanks guys for opening my eyes,I was the one expecting 2 apps for the price of 1.I bought Litchi during Black Friday sale,haven't even tried it yet,so I guess I can afford to buy android version

I bought the 10.99 screen glass and case which is awesome but the phone has to be forced in just with the screen glass. So it means the screen glass is pretty useless for me. but I went ahead and put it on my 2nd phone.

My initial tests with this phone were a mixed bag. First of all, I was pleased with the brightness of the display, much better than I was expecting. There was no visible lag and the resolution was very good, however the Go4 app crashed 3 times in 2 fights. I was able to restart the app and reconnect. I had all other apps disabled, flying in airplane mode, no sim card. I was using the usb cable that came with the Mavic. I may try again with Litchi. Maybe it requires less resources.

Personally, I don't think it's all the WUNDERFUL`as outlined here on another post. I think the configuration is not sufficient having tried 6 different Chinese Phones many having only 1.4Ghz and 2GB RAM as the Huwaei does. The screen resolution is low for detailed flying when using a small Smartphone or iPhone. My preference is still the Leagoo T10 which is getting harder to find. But with it there was virtually no video lag, the screen was super bright, and the battery just never loses power even when not used for many weeks. See post No. 98 below for just a few of the comparisons of the Huwaei to two other Chinese Smartphones.
A terrific dedicated 10 core processor phone for flying the Mavic Pro - all for $134

Last edited:
when I put in on my 2nd phone it was a little off center so I lifted it to redoit and it shattered into a million pieces. So if u order this screen glass apply it once only. not 3 times like I tried.

the app crashed on me too twice in the first 4 flights. But then after that I flew 10 more flights and no crashes. Give it time, maybe the phone needs to get used the app. No idea. Also I deleted all the apps on the phone except dji go 4. Also put in a 64 gb sd card that is 100 mb/s speed.

I've got my 2 spares sitting in unopened boxes,lol

Me: first is on Mavic RC, second is waiting for Spark RC tomorrow, third is still sealed in box, will be my "babied" Wunderphone with case and screen protector. Moto E4 will be my "beat the **** out of me" device for gym, hikes, and jumping. BTW, tried E4 with Go 4 flying Spark, no probs whatsoever, good alternative! (otoh, ipad mini 2 with 4.1.16 crashed every minute!)

Reactions: rickw
when I put in on my 2nd phone it was a little off center so I lifted it to redoit and it shattered into a million pieces. So if u order this screen glass apply it once only. not 3 times like I tried.
That was another thing in the comparisons mentioned above although I didn't highlight it in the previous post - it doesn't have the Gorilla Glass.

Personally, I don't think it's all the WUNDERFUL`as outlined here on another post. I think the configuration is not sufficient having tried 6 different Chinese Phones many having only 1.4Ghz and 2GB RAM as the Huwaei does. The screen resolution is low for detailed flying when using a small Smartphone or iPhone.

Thinking abstractly and having it in possession and having made about 20 flights with it in almost 2 weeks, with Mavic and Spark, and having zero issues and still marveling about how WUNDERFUL it is for only $49, are two different things. :D

Reactions: Dragonfly and rickw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM