DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

The phone is unlockable currently tried everything from buying a bootloader code to getting a free one from Huawei to dcunlocker. Currently unsupported via dc unlocker sim unlock feature, only works with xt1 not xt2. Spent 4 euro on a bootloader code which I also got for free from Huawei via the site mentioned here or on the xda site link.
case's and screen savers > https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...wei+ascend+xt2

Support page > http://consumer.huawei.com/us/support/phones/tor-a1/ (firmware would normally be found here)
or Here from AT&T > https://troubleshoot.att.com/devicet...awei&s=DS#home

Huawei bootloader unlock > https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin/unlock/index
AT&T Service Unlock > https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/

the Huawei bootloader unlock works and is free via link above but I read all the flashed roms are unstable and don't work and even brick the phone. the only current way to do it is to have att prepaid for 6 months at 25 dollars per 3 months X 2 25 cent prepaid plan use as u go. So u spend $50 to unlock it. I already spent 5 bucks on dc unlocker even though I didn't have to.

This phone is awesome for the mavic and works awesome. I talked to a few people on XDA forums and apparently an unlock is coming soon. If someone lives in Europe on this site, it is worth asking dc unlock if u can mail them ur phone as they are in Lithuania and they can unlock it and thus set up an unlock for all of us everywhere. Pm me if you live in or near Lithuania.

Last edited:
First 15 minutes ever with Android. Successfully installed and uninstalled 4.18, then via the APK mirror, installed 4.15. Launched it. All seems fine so far (have not flown yet), but am getting the HD signal flashing. I did a search here; did not come up with much but "wifi interference"; a related thread suggested shutting down all other apps. Not sure I even have any others running. I tried turning off wifi on the phone. Thoughts? Suggestions?

First 15 minutes ever with Android. Successfully installed and uninstalled 4.18, then via the APK mirror, installed 4.15. Launched it. All seems fine so far (have not flown yet), but am getting the HD signal flashing. I did a search here; did not come up with much but "wifi interference"; a related thread suggested shutting down all other apps. Not sure I even have any others running. I tried turning off wifi on the phone. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I haven't had a single issue, no idea. The phone itself shouldn't affect the HD signal. Are you inside the house? With lots of 2.4GHz stuff (WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)?

A cursory search shows that the problem is not phone-specific, it's environment-specific. Since I only fly in remote areas, the only interference I get is from my WiFi hotspot (and possibly Bluetooth when I'm listening to music), I do get yellow warnings about interference sometimes - and it was the same on Note 4 and ipad mini 2. So, not device specific.

I haven't had a single issue, no idea. The phone itself shouldn't affect the HD signal. Are you inside the house? With lots of 2.4GHz stuff (WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)?
Thank you Sir. Yes, inside the house...two 2.5ghz WAPs; two 5ghz WAPs. Argh. Never happened on my iphone so I thought I might be doing something wrong. I'd go out flying tomorrow to check it out in the real world, but we're getting 10" of snow.

I'm having same problem,no problems with mini 4,I might drop down to 4.13 software and try that

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Yesterday when I flew I had the flashing on the phone screen also but I thought it was the RC signal strength. I guess it was the HD strength. Nothing was flashing on the RC display.

So I downloaded the 4.1.15 Go 4 App and it will not open. Says it failed to get resource file. I downloaded it 4 times from DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 (1027412) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror
I get the same message every time. I admit that I am a Android newby, but I cannot see what I am doing wrong here.
This screen opens when I try to tp to open the flight screen.View attachment 26591

Follow the instructions on OP’s first post about this. Install 4.1.18, let it download the resource file then delete 4.1.18 and install 4.1.15 from that APK link. It will work as it should after that.

Follow the instructions on OP’s first post about this. Install 4.1.18, let it download the resource file then delete 4.1.18 and install 4.1.15 from that APK link. It will work as it should after that.
Thanks Core212, I appreciate that. I thought I had seen something about that, but couldn't find it in the 1,094 posts of this thread. Thanks, I'll do that.

I just watched a video from A.T.& T. about this phone. It states that the phone will take up to a 32 meg. Micro SD card. I have read some posts here that say they have used 64 & 128 gig. Which is correct?
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe