DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

It’s works great with my Mavic Pro but with phantom 3 pro will not connect constant weak or low radio signal when using my Hauwei phone.

My big complaint about this phone...It takes FOREVER to charge... I think the hamster turning the wheel inside the charger is going to die before this thing reaches 100%

Strange, I didn't notice any abnormalities. It's a big battery, 4000mah. My Mavic-only one gets its juice from RC, in 3 weeks of sitting in RC arms, always on, I only had to give it a quick external boost (like, half an hour) only 1-2 times.

I don’t know if it’s the charger, or the battery, or what, but I was able to fully charge 2 Mavic batteries (back to back) and the phone was only at 79% full (charging from dead)

If you mean the older flight video and images that were downloaded from DJI I noticed that too. I just deleted them in the "Files" app and freed up 24GB from the SD card.

No...I cleaned those too. I have a DJI folder on both the internal memory and SD card. The folders both have 678 MB of data with the same amount of sub folders and files. I didn’t cache any files during flight but I might give it a try to see where the video files end up.

I don’t know if it’s the charger, or the battery, or what, but I was able to fully charge 2 Mavic batteries (back to back) and the phone was only at 79% full (charging from dead)

Are you using the included charger?

At 2A (2000mA) charging current, 4000mAh battery should take ar least 2 hours to charge (4000/2000). (Although USB voltage is 5V and the battery is 3.7V, not sure how the current is affected; there are energy losses, too.)

What happened that your WP was dead?

No...I cleaned those too. I have a DJI folder on both the internal memory and SD card. The folders both have 678 MB of data with the same amount of sub folders and files. I didn’t cache any files during flight but I might give it a try to see where the video files end up.
Are the contents of both folders identical?

Are you using the included charger?

At 2A (2000mA) charging current, 4000mAh battery should take ar least 2 hours to charge (4000/2000). (Although USB voltage is 5V and the battery is 3.7V, not sure how the current is affected; there are energy losses, too.)

What happened that your WP was dead?

I thought I powered it down, and tossed it in the case. It wasn’t off. I did notice my battery drains a lot faster than everyone else’s. It was at 47% last night...Dead today with no use. Unless something is running in the background I’m not aware of.

So good news even with app crash it still recoonects to aircraft i flew today first two batteries no problem then third battery crashed at 40 percent battery and i was like a mile away and 300 feet in the air. I was scared since rth would have probably worked but i was in area with lots of trees and buildings and bridges was scared rth might bump into them. Luckily reconnected no problem by reopening app. This phone rocks.

I thought I powered it down, and tossed it in the case. It wasn’t off. I did notice my battery drains a lot faster than everyone else’s. It was at 47% last night...Dead today with no use. Unless something is running in the background I’m not aware of.

This definitely doesn't sound right. You can find in settings battery usage by the app. If basic troubleshooting doesn't work, I'd suggest exchanging it at Walmart, should be easy and no extra charge (meaning $$ not battery lol).

Reactions: Neebles
This definitely doesn't sound right. You can find in settings battery usage by the app. If basic troubleshooting doesn't work, I'd suggest exchanging it at Walmart, should be easy and no extra charge (meaning $$ not battery lol).

Alright, I’ll take a look. I’m an iOS guy so admittedly I have no idea in regards to the ins and outs of these androids.

Alright, I’ll take a look. I’m an iOS guy so admittedly I have no idea in regards to the ins and outs of these androids.

Yeah, living in a walled garden of apple trees for too long and finally breaking The Wall and seeing pears, peaches and other juicy and tasty fruits... ah, the wunderful taste of FREEDOM! :D

Berlin%20Wall.jpg

My big complaint about this phone...It takes FOREVER to charge... I think the hamster turning the wheel inside the charger is going to die before this thing reaches 100%

I had the same problem at first. Turned out I was using a charge only cable that was somehow limiting the current. Try a different cable. Mine charges fast now.

I had the same problem at first. Turned out I was using a charge only cable that was somehow limiting the current. Try a different cable. Mine charges fast now.

Ill try another cord, however, I just turned mine on after charging all afternoon and reaching 100%...My battery is already down to 87% and its only been on for 5 minutes...In fact, in the time it has taken me to type this message, it has dropped from 87% to 82% and I literally haven't done ANYTHING with the phone.

Ill try another cord, however, I just turned mine on after charging all afternoon and reaching 100%...My battery is already down to 87% and its only been on for 5 minutes...In fact, in the time it has taken me to type this message, it has dropped from 87% to 82% and I literally haven't done ANYTHING with the phone.
Do you have a simcard in it?

perfect companion to the wunderphone and mavic when out in the field,pain to set up but great once done--the
ASUS Travelair n Wi-Fi USB 3.0 1 TB Wireless Hard Drive

Attachments

• 418jrzoLTQL.jpg
    418jrzoLTQL.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 35
perfect companion to the wunderphone and mavic when out in the field,pain to set up but great once done--the
ASUS Travelair n Wi-Fi USB 3.0 1 TB Wireless Hard Drive

I like toys. How do you utilize this in the field?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4