DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Be aware that there are 2 versions. The one shown here begins with a "2" which is for tablets. For the Wunderphone, you want the one that begins with "1."
Thanks LivinLarge. I didn't realize there were 2 versions. I got on the right page and it downloaded perfectly the first time.
Xtreme, constantly trying to put someone down and looking like a fool in the process. Did you get bullied in school or what? :D
images.jpeg
Thanks again guys.

Last edited:
Here is a short vid from Wunderphone screen recording of Mavic filming TV.
The Wunderphone is running apk V.18 installed over V.15 after installing cached maps.
The Wunderphone is a Wunderphone and is running so sweet that if yo listen to the voice and watch the vid there is virtually no delay and you have to realize that Wunderphone is recording sound direct from TV via Go4 and video is from Mavics camera then transmitted to Wunderphone.
I even use camera menu to change settings white balance and its instant. Their is no lag or pixilation and when I tested yesterday with 3 full batteries at a distance of 500 meters the results were the same.
Go4 V18 is working perfectly and the Wunderphone is blowing my old Samsung S5 to bits.
Dropbox - QUIK_20171218_125730.mp4

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Here is a short vid from Wunderphone screen recording of Mavic filming TV.
The Wunderphone is running apk V.18 installed over V.15 after installing cached maps.
The Wunderphone is a Wunderphone and is running so sweet that if yo listen to the voice and watch the vid there is virtually no delay and you have to realize that Wunderphone is recording sound direct from TV via Go4 and video is from Mavics camera then transmitted to Wunderphone.
I even use camera menu to change settings and its instant. Their is no lag or pixilation and when I tested yesterday with 3 full batteries at a distance of 500 meters the results were the same.
Go4 V18 is working perfectly and the Wunderphone is blowing my old Samsung S5 to bits.
Dropbox - QUIK_20171218_125730.mp4

Awesome, enjoy! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Dragonfly
Just for info, I'm in New Zealand and had Wunderphone sent over from US as soon as thread started. Couldn't resist the deal. So Wunderphone is travelling lol.

Why do I get a warning that the APK v4.1.15 *is* DJI Go file could harm my device? Down loaded from the OP.

Why do I get a warning that the APK v4.1.15 *is* DJI Go file could harm my device? Down loaded from the OP.

Standard warning, proceed with confidence. It's the same everywhere now - mac os, Windows, Android - they warn you that installing apps not directly from the app store (aka sideloading) could be dangerous.

Reactions: Hal
Standard warning, proceed with confidence. It's the same everywhere now - mac os, Windows, Android - they warn you that installing apps not directly from the app store (aka sideloading) could be dangerous.

Downloaded with no issues. Seems to be spot on. Thank you! Will fly later. Any way to delete all the app icons that were disabled as I thought they would hide once disabled? Did not see it in settings for icons or tiles.

Downloaded with no issues. Seems to be spot on. Thank you! Will fly later. Any way to delete all the app icons that were disabled as I thought they would hide once disabled? Did not see it in settings for icons or tiles.

Strange, all apps I disabled are gone from the Apps screen.

By the way, just noticed that at least for the two Wunderphones I ordered online for pickup, the return period is about 100 days (11/26->3/3, 12/2->3/10). Gotta love Wundermart, this is very generous! So if anybody is unhappy with their WP, you've got plenty of time to fall in love with it... or get your $49 back so you'll have 5% down, 95% to go towards your $1000 flagship phone! :D

Is it necessary to roll back the firmware on the r/c and a/c? Or should I be good to go with just having the 4.1.15 apk with offline maps?

I'm not one that likes to avoid updates so I'm using the latest for both the MPP and the controller. Not only that but on this Wunderphone I put in a SIM and use it as a spare phone, loaded my usual apps besides the DJI Go 4 and I fly with few issues, an occasional restart of the app, that's all. With the SIM I can share my drone photos with anyone via email or text anytime. Love that bright screen and how it fits so well in the controller.

I'm not one that likes to avoid updates so I'm using the latest for both the MPP and the controller. Not only that but on this Wunderphone I put in a SIM and use it as a spare phone, loaded my usual apps besides the DJI Go 4 and I fly with few issues, an occasional restart of the app, that's all. With the SIM I can share my drone photos with anyone via email or text anytime. Love that bright screen and how it fits so well in the controller.
Thanks for the report. I have had a similar attitude about updates for some time now, but this weekend my daughter lost everything when she tried to install High Sierra on her MacBook. An hour and a half on the phone with an Apple tech couldn't get her stuff back. Luckily, she had the most important data on Google Drive. My recent experience has been that the latest greatest version never adds anything I want, and often screws up things that had been working fine. My MacBook used to boot up in about 15 seconds; now with HS it takes forever. I'll be very cautious about updating anything, including the Mavic, from now on.

By the way, just noticed that at least for the two Wunderphones I ordered online for pickup, the return period is about 100 days (11/26->3/3, 12/2->3/10). Gotta love Wundermart, this is very generous! So if anybody is unhappy with their WP, you've got plenty of time to fall in love with it... or get your $49 back so you'll have 5% down, 95% to go towards your $1000 flagship phone! :D

Where did you see the return period? My Walmart said it is 15 days from purchase date on phones. :/

Thanks for the report. I have had a similar attitude about updates for some time now, but this weekend my daughter lost everything when she tried to install High Sierra on her MacBook. An hour and a half on the phone with an Apple tech couldn't get her stuff back. Luckily, she had the most important data on Google Drive. My recent experience has been that the latest greatest version never adds anything I want, and often screws up things that had been working fine. My MacBook used to boot up in about 15 seconds; now with HS it takes forever. I'll be very cautious about updating anything, including the Mavic, from now on.

Thumbswayup Same here. It's like Cinderella story: you pay your hard earned $$$, you get a beautiful horse carriage; at a wave of DJI/apple/google/whatever wand, it instantly turns into a pumpkin.

c-pumpkin.jpg

'nuff is 'nuff. Dedicated devices for everything from now on, either disconnected or configured not to be updated. Drone flying, navigation, web browsing, music - all separate and "if it ain't broken, don't fix it".

I recalled Litchi being mentioned a few times in this thread, and a search confirmed that. Have any of you Litchiites used it enough on Wunderphone by now to make a recommendation as to compatibility and stability? As a rookie, I'll be sticking to GO 4 for some time, but Litchi sounds interesting. Since I prefer old-school inputs (mouse & keyboard) to all this tapping/swiping/pinching nonsense, I like the idea of being able to lay out a WunderMission ahead of time on a big clunky computer in my office. Some other Litchi features sound cool too.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spawnn