DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

i only own 3 batteries so it doesn't matter to me. Plus we can always charge the remote with a powerbank like the guy mentioned in between flying.

I have a couple LG X Charges Xfinity Mobile game me for $1 each. They work okay but in a direct comparison between my Samsung S8+, my 5.5 Crystalsky and the LG it's not even close. However, it may be good enough. Maybe I'll go pick one of these up just for grins later.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Drop down the notification bar. Hit the editing pencil at the very top of the screen. Drag MirrorShare up into the top group of icons. Click MirrorShare - that should get you there...

MirrorShare will now appear in your notification icons for future use.
good suggestion but that just keeps searching for devices
i was playing a youtube video,i paused it,pressed up on volume and power a couple times to start recording,got the ok prompts,clicked ok and then realized youtube was playing on my tv but now cant replicate it.

Oh wait, my CS updated to '18 so I really don't need use a phone to have the latest DJI features anymore. Nevermind.

Yes, but the only scenario where RC is fully discharged and you still have Mavic batteries and want to fly right now is:

A. You have no power source.
B. You have 7-8 or more fully charged Mavic batteries.

In this scenario, after 6-7 flights, RC is dead, but you have one or more charged Mavic batteries. And you don't have even a cheap 5000mah powerbank with you. THEN it's a problem. I still fail to see why would someone carry 7-8 Mavic batteries and not have a powerbank. Also, with the USB adapter that turns Mavic battery into a powerbank, the remaining 20-30% on the battery(-ies) can be used to charge RC, even as you're flying.

Somebody please do an experiment with an apple device, to see how many flights we lose in RC charge due to charging WP.
I do always carry a power bank on these longer trips to charge my GoPro batteries. I had forgotten that the partially used Mavic batteries could be used that way. Thanks for the reminder. I have only 4 batteries right now but with the long flight time of the Mavic that should be adequate. I should be able to get a couple of short flights from each battery.

i was playing a youtube video,i paused it,pressed up on volume and power a couple times to start recording,got the ok prompts,clicked ok and then realized youtube was playing on my tv but now cant replicate it.

Your phone and TV have to be on the same network and some TV's have to be set to accept the device sending the video. Otherwise, you could beam whatever you want to your neighbor's TV... Potentially hilarious but not necessarily a good idea.

Oh~ then it's one of the icons that appear at the top-right of the YT video. Go in and start watching the video, then hit the Cast icon that appears in the top right of the video screen.

You can try .18, just be prepared for app crash, also, no Offline Maps.

A previous post mentioned installing .15 and download the offline maps and .18 will utilize the offline maps. Just tried it and it seems to be working... not sure why the hell the removed this feature in .18

also .18 was revised to in the app store (per previous post mentioned), just loaded and played around with it for about 30 minutes (only connected to RC) are showing good results...

I am having high guest winds in So Cal, but will try to fly her up in a bit and keep it within LOS in case the app crashes, will try to keep it flying for 2 batteries worth of time.

XDP, do you use the micro USB port on the side to charge, ot the full-size USB port on the bottom ? Thanks!

You mean how I connect WP to RC or how I charge RC? For the former, I use standard DJI cable and connect to the side (as pictured in OP). For the latter, again, side port. I have no use for the bottom full USB port now.

A previous post mentioned installing .15 and download the offline maps and .18 will utilize the offline maps. Just tried it and it seems to be working... not sure why the **** the removed this feature in .18

also .18 was revised to in the app store (per previous post mentioned), just loaded and played around with it for about 30 minutes (only connected to RC) are showing good results...

Good to know! However, if you later decided you need to d/l another map, you'll need to do the cycle again.

They removed Offline maps from .18 temporarily (they said so), to resolve/wait out issues with HERE maps servers. HERE is a map company, not related to DJI, so it's beyond their control.

Last edited:
Oh~ then it's one of the icons that appear at the top-right of the YT video. Go in and start watching the video, then hit the Cast icon that appears in the top right of the video screen.
you da man!
dont remember doing all that before tho but i hate when things like this happens
i havent been able to play with this phone much since my grand daughter confiscated it,now to figure how to get youtube to do full screen but she can show me that;)
this will be a good prank to play on the wife while she's into her soaps,lol

I found one thing that the wunderphone can't do, it can't play 4k video, it says error and doesn't play. so we can play videos from our sd card unless they are less than 4k. Not sure if it can play 2k but it can play 1080 p.

I do many extended camping and rafting trips where I will be away from any power source for a week or so. I can recharge the RC battery with a power bank and it will keep the phone charged. The Mavic batteries are another story. I have experimented with solar charging but it barely works in the best of conditions.

I use a GoalZero100 with two separate solarpanels and the inverter. Works like a charm for my 1 or 2 week long kayak trips

so the wunderphone videocaches in a 1080p format. This is great if you are shooting 1080p as u have no downscaling and the videos look pretty much the same on the phone in the dji record folder as on the aircraft sd card(they are just about half size but there is no video loss of resolution etc. On the other hand there is significant video loss from the 4k videos caches on the phone they are pixelated and horrible. So it's not worth caching the 4k videos but worth caching the others so u see what u have shot and can even upload these videos to google photos like I do. I wish we could select not to cache 4k videos. I haven't tried 2k videos yet but I will let u know.

1080 p videos in the full format recorded on the aircraft play crisp and wonderfully on the wunderphone so u can pop ur sd card in the phone to view them if u want to check them out if u are travelling and don't have access to a computer. 4k doesn't work at all. Gonna shoot 2k today and see how they play in the cache format and the original format.

i was playing with wunders on screen recording and i put the phones screen on my tv,anyone know how i did this so i can do it again?
you must have connected to you bluetooth tv, i do it with my IOS device

you da man!
dont remember doing all that before tho but i hate when things like this happens
i havent been able to play with this phone much since my grand daughter confiscated it,now to figure how to get youtube to do full screen but she can show me that;)
you can also connect to google chromecast.
it must only work on youtube,i try to connect other vids on the web and it gets stuck on ''connecting''

OK, I'm going to have to confess that I am Android Stupid. The only excuse I have is I have used only Apple all my life. When I go to APK to down load 4.1.15, it's like the endless loop of advertisement garbage. I click on the 4.1.15 app download and it just goes into endless ads and ends back up here. Does someone have a direct link to the .15 App?
PS, I have spend a lo of time in this insane loop of ads and garbage.
Screenshot_20171217-131619.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov