DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

The Huawei Ascend XT2 comes with a built-in screen recorder. Press the volume up + power button together for 2 seconds to start or stop the recorder.

Great tip. You can also put an icon in the top sliding panel of shortcuts.

"The Huawei Ascend XT2" - it's much shorter to write "Wunderphone", you can do it! :D

Reactions: Nathanmot
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Well, save your fingers, friend. "Wunderphone" is far too long to type...

Mine knows it’s supposed to connect to the Mavic Pro...on the screen where it shows the pic of the Mavic Pro, it says “rc connected” “Go Fly”. Once I hit go fly, and the screen come up, it says aircraft disconnected in red in the upper left hand corner. I have to force stop the app, relaunch, and 85% of the time it’s fine. The other 15% I have to either force quit again, or completely re-start the phone.
Have you enabled Developer Options and then in Developer Options turned on USB debugging. This is a must for all to work smoothly with DJI Go4 app and connection with no crashes.

Wundercrap, more like it. The specs are horrid, the screen sucks, it's slow. Really slow.
Oh wait. This is the Wunderphone thread! I thought is was the iPhone thread!! LOL!!!

So, I missed the Wundersale and Wundermart, but still wanted a Wunderphone, so I could join in on the Wundergoodness.
Well...mine arrived today. If you are following this thread, you have seen lots and lots of Wunderhype about this Wunderphone.
Is it Wunderful, or WunderNOT?
I have several tablets and a Samsung S8, probably one of the brightest phones out there in the sun. Yah, it's got plenty of nits in auto mode. Check the specs.
Charged and setup the Wunderphone. Disabled and dumped a crapload of apps. Developer options enabled, and Force GPU rendering...(thats a good thing to do on all phones IMO)
Went through all the options on the Wunderphone. Its peppy, zips through the screens. It is a nice feel in the hands..uh oh...I'm feeling Wonderous... Will it live up to the Wunderhype?? Need to go and test outside.

Wow Wonderously Wonderful Wonderphone Wins! Why? (ok, I ran out of W's)
Its bright, don't need a sunshade. No lag that I could see. No glitches. Its inexpensive for a good dedicated device. Huge battery. I'm impressed.
This is a win. If you are on the fence about picking up this phone...you can wait and hope and think about it, and debate, and read, and read some more, then check Wundermart several times a day to see if Wunderphone is on sale again...then check here, then check sales...oh wait. That was me. Nevermind.

Just go and get this if you want a good dedicated device that you can slap into the controller and go. Or just leave it in the controller, or not.

Yes, it's that good. I didn't think I would be impressed by the screen brightness. Its bright goodness. No, it's not as bright as the S8 in auto mode in the sun, but it's plenty bright.

Wunderphone. Wonderous. Wahoooooooooooo!!

Wundercrap, more like it. The specs are horrid, the screen sucks, it's slow. Really slow.
Oh wait. This is the Wunderphone thread! I thought is was the iPhone thread!! LOL!!!

So, I missed the Wundersale and Wundermart, but still wanted a Wunderphone, so I could join in on the Wundergoodness.
Well...mine arrived today. If you are following this thread, you have seen lots and lots of Wunderhype about this Wunderphone.
Is it Wunderful, or WunderNOT?
I have several tablets and a Samsung S8, probably one of the brightest phones out there in the sun. Yah, it's got plenty of nits in auto mode. Check the specs.
Charged and setup the Wunderphone. Disabled and dumped a crapload of apps. Developer options enabled, and Force GPU rendering...(thats a good thing to do on all phones IMO)
Went through all the options on the Wunderphone. Its peppy, zips through the screens. It is a nice feel in the hands..uh oh...I'm feeling Wonderous... Will it live up to the Wunderhype?? Need to go and test outside.

Wow Wonderously Wonderful Wonderphone Wins! Why? (ok, I ran out of W's)
Its bright, don't need a sunshade. No lag that I could see. No glitches. Its inexpensive for a good dedicated device. Huge battery. I'm impressed.
This is a win. If you are on the fence about picking up this phone...you can wait and hope and think about it, and debate, and read, and read some more, then check Wundermart several times a day to see if Wunderphone is on sale again...then check here, then check sales...oh wait. That was me. Nevermind.

Just go and get this if you want a good dedicated device that you can slap into the controller and go. Or just leave it in the controller, or not.

Yes, it's that good. I didn't think I would be impressed by the screen brightness. Its bright goodness. No, it's not as bright as the S8 in auto mode in the sun, but it's plenty bright.

Wunderphone. Wonderous. Wahoooooooooooo!!

Wow!!! I mean, Wunderwow! :D This review should be a sticky, I mean, Wundersticky!

Glad we have YAHWO - Yet Another Happy Wunderphone Owner! Welcome to the Wunderclub!

I now have two Wunderphones dedicated solely to flying - one is permanently on the Mavic RC, the other is permanently on the Spark RC. Can't be happier, two excellent screens under 100 bucks.

Thank you for your write up. ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: Quad808
the screen recorder is grainy when played on computer because I think its taken in portrait and converted to landscape. I think its better to download an app for screen recording instead. any suggestions on good apps that work well on the wunderphone and example videos?
AZ Screen Recorder from playstore

Wow!!! I mean, Wunderwow! :D This review should be a sticky, I mean, Wundersticky!

Glad we have YAHWO - Yet Another Happy Wunderphone Owner! Welcome to the Wunderclub!

I now have two Wunderphones dedicated solely to flying - one is permanently on the Mavic RC, the other is permanently on the Spark RC. Can't be happier, two excellent screens under 100 bucks.

Thank you for your write up. ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup
I show my new Wunderphone to my oldest son...he has a Spark...I ask him how much would he pay for a phone like this...$300. Easy. HAH! Now he wants one for his Spark. Thanks for starting this thread..if not I wouldn't have known anything Wonderous about the Wunderphone!!

The Huawei Ascend XT2 comes with a built-in screen recorder. Press the volume up + power button together for 2 seconds to start or stop the recorder.
@msinger, But the built in recorder only records for 5 minutes and only records in verticle mode. So another dedicated app like AZ is much better.

Based on this Wunderphone thread I just snagged a Huawei Ascend XT2 from Ebay for $69 + free fast shipping. Hope it a good one. New Mavic Pro Platinum pilot here, but not new to FPV drones. Thanks for all the great info!

This phone is awesome I did 1 hour of 4k video or 3 full batteries no lag went 2 miles each way and over piers, over marinas, wetlands, pacific coast highway, no problem. Even flow from the beach back to my house.

I'm getting sick of apple and iphones and the the nonsense with icloud etc. I like android better and it's ability to allow putting different versions of apps and firmware. I'm thinking is it possible once the dc-unlocker guy unlocks the sim card lock which should be done by early january per him, he is receiving after january 1 and said he should unlock it soon after. Is it possible to insert a verizon 4g LTE sim and use it on verizon? it's not a cdma phone but does that matter?

Have you enabled Developer Options and then in Developer Options turned on USB debugging. This is a must for all to work smoothly with DJI Go4 app and connection with no crashes.
It is best to leave debugging off when using the DJI GO software. DJI even states this.

It is best to leave debugging off when using the DJI GO software. DJI even states this.
Show me where DJI states this?

In my manual it even says to make sure USB debugging is turned on in the DJI app itself as well for android.
00b39d83785161f81aceac8dca7e0bca.jpg

Reactions: Doug D
I've seen some reports that .18 now is different from the "original" .18. They probably quietly swapped the botched binary without bumping up the version number.
XDP, since you're a developer, I have a non-developer question. Why on earth would they make changes to the software and still call it the same thing? If the .18 that I can install today is different than the .18 that everybody has been saying crashes a lot, what's the point in having these specific names in the first place?
At any rate, what's the verdict? When I fire up my Mavic next week, weather permitting, should I try to fly with .18 on my WP or stick with .15? I'm Wundering.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie