DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I can't believe that I'm about to say this... It appears to be a WunderThread.

:DThumbswayup

What's, "GE?"

Good Enough.

Other acronyms useful for Mavic pilots:

FFSRTOP = FFS + Read The Original Post
RTFM = something that nobody ever does
ATOP = Above Take-Off Point
YADA = Yet Another Drone Acquisition (YADA YADA YADA... :D )
YADWRC = Yet Another Dude With RC (in drone footage)
SOL = ios user pulling last hair out their head because Go 4 is constantly crashing and there's no cure
HHCTPB = How Hard Could This Possibly Be? (like someone asking if anyone is using Moverios while there's a whole forum just for that, how hard is to just look at the list of forums?)

etc. etc.

Last edited:
... Acronyms useful for Mavic pilots:

FFSRTOP = FFS + Read The Original Post
RTFM = something that nobody ever does
ATOP = Altitude Above Take-Off Point
YADA = Yet Another Drone Acquisition (YADA YADA YADA... :D )
YADWRC = Yet Another Dude With RC (in drone footage)
SOL = ios user pulling last hair out their head because Go 4 is constantly crashing and there's no cure
HHTPCB = How Hard This Possibly Can Be? (like someone asking if anyone is using Moverios while there's a whole forum just for that, how hard is to just look at the list of forums?)

etc. etc.
Don't forget:
WWANTMA = Why would anyone need that many acronyms? :p

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
This post?

A terrific dedicated 10 core processor phone for flying the Mavic Pro - all for $134

"I'm convinced that by awesomeness/price ratio, Wunderphone has absolutely no rivals."

I didn't compare Geekbench scores or specs, only meant to say what's in red.

Also, in that post I mentioned security concerns with cheap no-name Chinese phones and other devices. Well, guess what...

Can You Trust Cheap Chinese Phones with Your Privacy?

"In late July, Russian antivirus firm Dr.Web reported that models sold under the Leagoo and Nomu names had a malicious program built right into the firmware."

"The upshot is this: You should really think twice before buying an Android phone from an unfamiliar manufacturer. Be wary of any smartphone that costs less than $100 unlocked. If a smartphone doesn't cost much, and doesn't make you watch ads, then you have to wonder how else the company makes money."

"some Chinese brands, such as Xiaomi, OnePlus and Huawei, have good reputations"

And many many other articles about this:

https://www.google.com/search?num=5....2.835...33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1.0.CnP2k9ypGCo

I think crash threads are the most popular... at least, this holiday season. :D
In my brief tenure here it seems like the most popular -- or maybe the most popular in this short amount of time. I bought one too -- it's waiting for me when I head to LA at Christmas.

Reactions: wytnyt
Correction to my previous post regarding the battery levels of the MP, RC and WP. I put in 3 batteries worth of flight time and did some settings adjustments with the MP before the first flight....so I probably used a minimal amount of battery before getting off the ground.

After the first flight, the MP battery level was at 36%, the RC battery level was at 86% and the WP battery level was at 91% (I’m not sure if the WP was at 100% when I started but I do know that the MP and RC batteries were at 100%.

After the second flight, the MP battery level was at 22%, the RC battery level was at 68% and the WP battery level was at 89%.

After the third flight, the MP battery level was at 25%, the RC battery level was at 50% and the WP battery level was at 89%.

Yea, got all that (i actually read the whole thread) - .18 is working flawlessly for me on the Huawei so i was just asking anyone else who might be using it also..ill check back soon when you get up to .18 so I can participate in this thread!;)
I am also running G04v.18 perfectly on Wunderphone without one issue so far.
But to get maps uninstall V.18 then sideload V.15, download and install (cache) the maps for your aera from the menu in Go4. Once done then just update Go4 from playstore to V.18 and you will be good to go with maps installed.

Correction to my previous post regarding the battery levels of the MP, RC and WP. I put in 3 batteries worth of flight time and did some settings adjustments with the MP before the first flight....so I probably used a minimal amount of battery before getting off the ground.

After the first flight, the MP battery level was at 36%, the RC battery level was at 86% and the WP battery level was at 91% (I’m not sure if the WP was at 100% when I started but I do know that the MP and RC batteries were at 100%.

After the second flight, the MP battery level was at 22%, the RC battery level was at 68% and the WP battery level was at 89%.

After the third flight, the MP battery level was at 25%, the RC battery level was at 50% and the WP battery level was at 89%.

Thanks for the data. We can now make a more scientific estimate of how many flights one can make on fully charged RC while maintaining WP charge at virtually the same level.

1st flight: MP consumed 64% while RC 14%, ratio 4.6.
2nd flight: MP consumed 78% while RC 18%, ratio 4.3.
3rd flight: MP consumed 75% while RC 18%, ratio 4.2.

Averaging 4.4% MP battery consumption per 1% of RC battery. So, for 100% RC battery, 440% of MP is consumed; if typical flight is 70% (like I do, land at 30%), it's about 6.3 flights. This is lower than my ballpark estimate of 8 flights, but not far, either.

For most pilots, 6 flights is plenty. And Wunderphone doesn't need to be charged, virtually never. Wunderful! Thumbswayup

I am also running G04v.18 perfectly on Wunderphone without one issue so far.
But to get maps uninstall V.18 then sideload V.15, download and install (cache) the maps for your aera from the menu in Go4. Once done then just update Go4 from playstore to V.18 and you will be good to go with maps installed.

This is great! I mean, wunderful! :D

Not positive on this answer because it's been a long time since I've set mine up, but maybe just check the app setting to loop the video, otherwise you will have to erase it to keep storing the newest video.
Yes you Do. Under settings of DJI Go4 you must set cache to SD card to on and then select the SD card of your Wunderphone when it appears. Ou can also swith on at sametime as to weather you want to record voice or not with the video.

Is there anyway to have the video cache automatically or do I always have to hit the record button.

My ideal setup would be for the phones screen to always cache and include the telemetry (with an auto write over after so many gb) and to manually record video that goes to the MPPs SD card. I assume I need a screen recorder app for this if I want more than 5 minutes?
A-Z recorder on Android playstore is what you need for your purpose.

A-Z recorder on Android playstore is what you need for your purpose.
The Huawei Ascend XT2 comes with a built-in screen recorder. Press the volume up + power button together for 2 seconds to start or stop the recorder.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv