DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

ok guys the sensa has similar specs, im getting a used one from a friend for testing........but i wont have for a bit......but check out specs, someone is saying the octo processor has noting to do with it, but my friend says it does, 1 app 1 process, dji app will consume 1 process, so other has room to work other processes, hence creating more speed, less lag

but walmart has for 49 bucks
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Huawei-Sensa-16GB-Prepaid-Smartphone-Silver/54772928

ok guys the sensa has similar specs, im getting a used one from a friend for testing........but i wont have for a bit......but check out specs, someone is saying the octo processor has noting to do with it, but my friend says it does, 1 app 1 process, dji app will consume 1 process, so other has room to work other processes, hence creating more speed, less lag

but walmart has for 49 bucks
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Huawei-Sensa-16GB-Prepaid-Smartphone-Silver/54772928
a octo processor and others a 10 or whatever isnt what some would think as being 8 processors,its a single processor with cores split 8 ways,in many ways this is faster in some its not

Mine knows it’s supposed to connect to the Mavic Pro...on the screen where it shows the pic of the Mavic Pro, it says “rc connected” “Go Fly”. Once I hit go fly, and the screen come up, it says aircraft disconnected in red in the upper left hand corner. I have to force stop the app, relaunch, and 85% of the time it’s fine. The other 15% I have to either force quit again, or completely re-start the phone.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Show me where DJI states this?

In my manual it even says to make sure USB debugging is turned on in the DJI app itself as well for android.
00b39d83785161f81aceac8dca7e0bca.jpg

Screenshot of the manual where it says this?

Folks who like their Wunderphones, who rave about it here: yer busted, yer all Huawei sales agents!!! :D

The way you aggressively market/sell this Huawei phone whilst discounting others, someone would think you've got some kind of financial incentive on how many of those phones get sold. #justsaying

What are some scenarios when 6-8 flights on RC before needing to charge it won't be enough? And how many flights can RC do without charging the phone?
I do many extended camping and rafting trips where I will be away from any power source for a week or so. I can recharge the RC battery with a power bank and it will keep the phone charged. The Mavic batteries are another story. I have experimented with solar charging but it barely works in the best of conditions.

i was playing with wunders on screen recording and i put the phones screen on my tv,anyone know how i did this so i can do it again?

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I do many extended camping and rafting trips where I will be away from any power source for a week or so. I can recharge the RC battery with a power bank and it will keep the phone charged. The Mavic batteries are another story. I have experimented with solar charging but it barely works in the best of conditions.

Yes, but the only scenario where RC is fully discharged and you still have Mavic batteries and want to fly right now is:

A. You have no power source.
B. You have 7-8 or more fully charged Mavic batteries.

In this scenario, after 6-7 flights, RC is dead, but you have one or more charged Mavic batteries. And you don't have even a cheap 5000mah powerbank with you. THEN it's a problem. I still fail to see why would someone carry 7-8 Mavic batteries and not have a powerbank. Also, with the USB adapter that turns Mavic battery into a powerbank, the remaining 20-30% on the battery(-ies) can be used to charge RC, even as you're flying.

Somebody please do an experiment with an apple device, to see how many flights we lose in RC charge due to charging WP.

Yep, and for Wunderphone, it's a God-sent feature, which allows you to keep your dedicated Mavic screen in RC arms permanently, no need to ever take it out tearing&wearing the arms and the USB connector. With Wunderphone, RC lasts about 8 batteries worth of flying. So, the easiest course of action is to stop worrying and love the bomb.

apocalypse_movies_02.jpg
XDP, do you use the micro USB port on the side to charge, ot the full-size USB port on the bottom ? Thanks!

Without looking (just a guess) you probably used the "Cast" feature. I believe it's an option in the drop-down notification bar.
so how do i do that?

i'm not carrying around a powerbank while flying. haha. Not sure about cutting my usb cable either. I have only one little one that came with the mavic and it's expensive to replace not sure about cutting it. I don't mind cutting one of the many usb to micro usb 3 foot cables I have. But 3 foot is too much.

maybe it is draining remote. cause i flew 3 batteries and my remote went down to 40% where it should have gone down to about 60%.

Reactions: Chickenskat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom