DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Another Wunderphome RPE up and running with the MP. I've got 4 flights in so far with zero issues. I got my MP from Best buy and it came with a $100 gift card so I used that to buy the cricket phone and a 64gb memory card for the MP and then moved the 16gb card that came with the MP to the phone. So nice not to have to use my SG8+ for the MP now. It was already getting old taking my phone in and out every time I flew.

My thanks to XDP for this great solution and also to Msinger for the very well done setup instructions. 45 minutes after unboxing the phone I was up and running.

Reactions: rickw and Quad808
Anyone having issues with resolution on the screen? On my newest APK the icons are huge and bocking some info

Hmmmm...there might be a way to customize this for the WP screen. I will take a look at it. Would need to replace the icons.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Hmmmm...there might be a way to customize this for the WP screen. I will take a look at it. Would need to replace the icons.
Just loaded up a patched 4.1.3 and the screen looks great. I would use this one if you are patching/modding GO until it gets fixed, and I don't know how long that will be. Its a resolution on the phone issue.

You could try app cloner as that has some settings to allow different resolutions.... Not played with it personally, but everyone rates it......definitely worth a shot.

Pretty sure the only version we have access to with the "SecNeo" removed, is 4.1.14

Pretty sure the only version we have access to with the "SecNeo" removed, is 4.1.14
I saw @Quad808 mention above that he loaded up a patched 4.1.13... thought (hoped...prayed) there was a clean version of .13 *out there* somewhere. I've gone looking through the usual APK sites, and can't even find a version of 13 anywhere...

I have a copy of a clean 4.1.13.

When Quad referred to a "Patched" version, he means he has run it through the application we use to change some of the elements of the original APK, ie "Removeforceupdate", "RemoveGoogleApis", "ForceFCC"

The app then recompiles the APK with the custom patches, ready to be installed on your Android device.

I will sort a link for the clean 4.1.13

As per previous post, the 4.1.13 apk is HERE
That's what I was looking for. Thanks!
I have a copy of a clean 4.1.13.

When Quad referred to a "Patched" version, he means he has run it through the application we use to change some of the elements of the original APK, ie "Removeforceupdate", "RemoveGoogleApis", "ForceFCC"

The app then recompiles the APK with the custom patches, ready to be installed on your Android device.

I will sort a link for the clean 4.1.13
I'm running the modded/patched version of ..14, and have the same icon problem others have discussed here. I'll give ..13 a go now... Thanks again.

So excuse my ignorance, but are people getting this phone without activating it? And using it simply for the Mavic? If so, that's brilliant! I have the iPhone X, but hate having to take it out of the case all the time due to not fitting, in addition to the smaller screen (I came from a 7 Plus). If I don't need to activate this, I want to do this.

So excuse my ignorance, but are people getting this phone without activating it? And using it simply for the Mavic? If so, that's brilliant!

They make greatmini tablets for kids as well. I don't think this one is on sale anymore but phones like this frequently dip under 50 bux, set a deal alert up on slickdeals and they will notify you

Reactions: TampaGuy75
Thanks to the contributors to this forum I picked one up a few weeks ago and its amazing. No need to worry about dropping my cell phone or calls coming in.

Has anyone experienced DJI app freezing up during flight on this phone? I'm curious how often this happens because I experienced it for the first time last week while ascending from 700 ft up to 1000, so I quickly descended and landed because the app didn't recover. Freezing never happened on my iPhone 6.

Has anyone experienced DJI app freezing up during flight on this phone? I'm curious how often this happens because I experienced it for the first time last week while ascending from 700 ft up to 1000, so I quickly descended and landed because the app didn't recover. Freezing never happened on my iPhone 6.
700 feet up when theirs a 400 ft limit,i hope this doesn't affect compliant users like myself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming