DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I’m about 4.5 miles from a small airport. I call the tower when I fly but in airplane mode without WiFi there’s no internet connection so when the message comes up to confirm responsibility you can’t confirm it. The message can’t be closed and blocks most of the screen. Is there a solution?
Hotspot WP to another phone with Data access just to get confirmation or comfirm message then disconect hotspot or leave on for map updates.

I have not flown my Mavic yet but it has the latest firmware. If I go pick up a Huawei elate from best buy this afternoon and put DJI GO v.15 on it will I have any issues or do I need to roll back the mavic firmware as well?

just install v.15 and go fly,make sure you read thread for pointers to set up phone

no,actually I meant the first page of this thread,very good reading and well put together

just install v.15 and go fly,make sure you read thread for pointers to set up phone

So I bought the phone and got it all set up according to the Phantom Help post, the only thing that is weird is that when I go to the last step to change the USB port from charge to MIDI, it doesnt really do anything except go back to charge. Am I missing something there?

carrier is kinda irrelevant anyways, being it doesn't need to be activated for it to be used a controller, right?
That's correct. It's only important if you're going to activate the cellular service. I did not activate mine.

And just to confirm, carrier is kinda irrelevant anyways, being it doesn't need to be activated for it to be used a controller, right?

I bought the Elate and used it yesterday. Worked great. You can pull the SIM and go through setup without having to activate it.

So, I have to ask. How does this phone work to download an app and use it without service? Hope it’s not a silly question. I’m an iPhone guy, is the app different?

So, I have to ask. How does this phone work to download an app and use it without service? Hope it’s not a silly question. I’m an iPhone guy, is the app different?

I'm pretty sure you can still go on wifi with it without a service. I do that with old iPhones that I give my kids.

How does this phone work to download an app and use it without service?
The phone can also connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69