DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Sorry guys I have 2 questions:

- My controller is charging my phone while connected. I would like to know if the controller will charge tis Wunderphone while in use?
Because I live in Tropical country and it's rather hot. The charging caused my phone to overheat and hang. Tats why I'm looking for an alternative phone tat works well.

- Dji Go 4.1.22 will it works on tis phone without rolling back to 4.1.15?

Thanks if someone can answer my queries…

try reading this entire thread
Harsh, dude. I'm involved in this thread and I wouldn't dream of re-reading 88 pages for a simple answer.

My controller is charging my phone while connected. I would like to know if the controller will charge tis Wunderphone while in use?
Because I live in Tropical country and it's rather hot. The charging caused my phone to overheat and hang. Tats why I'm looking for an alternative phone tat works well.

The controller charges just about every Android phone out there, if not all of them. So yes it will charge your phone. You should be good to go with 4.1.22.

Reactions: Somsom585
I've been involved in this thread also,BUT NO MORE,PS: maybe time for me to change forums

- My controller is charging my phone while connected. I would like to know if the controller will charge tis Wunderphone while in use?

Use the USB port on the bottom of the controller and you won’t have this issue [emoji6]
From what I’ve read, the micro USB port on the side of controller will charge most things except the Apple products...

Reactions: Somsom585

You wont be able to stop the RC charging the WP or any android device unless you root the device. But it doesn't matter on WP as it uses such little power anyway it not a big deal.

The WP runs the latest DJI Go4 4.1.22 just fine and I have been using this version since before playstore release and have had no issues at all.

The only thing ive found so far is WP must be turned up other way in RC if you want to use the follow me mode and the compass for the RADAR.

This is due to Phone compass is affected by the RC hall affect of stick magnet being to close so WP needs to be rotated to eliminate this.

Same goes for WPs GPS receiver is covered by palm or RC grip so WP needs to be rotated to get full GPS reception for good fix if using Mavic follow me mode.

You wont be able to stop the RC charging the WP or any android device unless you root the device. But it doesn't matter on WP as it uses such little power anyway it not a big deal.

The WP runs the latest DJI Go4 4.1.22 just fine and I have been using this version since before playstore release and have had no issues at all.

The only thing ive found so far is WP must be turned up other way in RC if you want to use the follow me mode and the compass for the RADAR.

This is due to Phone compass is affected by the RC hall affect of stick magnet being to close so WP needs to be rotated to eliminate this.

Same goes for WPs GPS receiver is covered by palm or RC grip so WP needs to be rotated to get full GPS reception for good fix if using Mavic follow me mode.
So the connector should be to the right, and sleep & volume buttons on top?

Thank you guys for the kind replies. I am currently in San Francisco and I am unable to get the WP a.k.a Huawei Elate near where I stay. However, I live in Singapore not in US. Hence there isn't any WP sold there. Best buys I'm unable to because I only have few days here. Can't wait for the delivery.

Yes... The charging of my phone has given me countless headaches. Heated up my phone so badly that I tried some mod to the cable but sometimes it works… sometimes it doesn't which I'd given up on that.

Alternativesly, I am considering getting iPad mini 4 or worst come to worst I will get the Crystalsky monitor to solve all these issue once and for all. Cheapest to get is from USA(which I'd inquired but no stock) and Hong Kong.

Hope I can still find the WP. Maybe in Perth next week.

Happy flying guys!

Reactions: spacebeagle
Use the USB port on the bottom of the controller and you won’t have this issue [emoji6]
From what I’ve read, the micro USB port on the side of controller will charge most things except the Apple products...

Both charges … there is no solution to it… even DJI technician told me tat … I wonder if they did it on purpose :(

I used my first android device to fly the Mavic today.

I couldn't get quickshots to work. I'm running the modded .0000 FW and Go4 version .15

I select the flight modes button then tap the quickshot button and it returns me to the video feed (main) screen. Now I have the quickshot button on the left instead of the flight mode button.

Any ideas?

I have used the quickshot features with this AC FW on iOS but with Go4 .18

Is go4 .18 OK on android now?

Thank you guys for the kind replies. I am currently in San Francisco and I am unable to get the WP a.k.a Huawei Elate near where I stay. However, I live in Singapore not in US. Hence there isn't any WP sold there. Best buys I'm unable to because I only have few days here. Can't wait for the delivery.

Yes... The charging of my phone has given me countless headaches. Heated up my phone so badly that I tried some mod to the cable but sometimes it works… sometimes it doesn't which I'd given up on that.

Alternativesly, I am considering getting iPad mini 4 or worst come to worst I will get the Crystalsky monitor to solve all these issue once and for all. Cheapest to get is from USA(which I'd inquired but no stock) and Hong Kong.

Hope I can still find the WP. Maybe in Perth next week.

Happy flying guys!
Does your overheating phone have fast charge? If it does, disabling that in the settings may help. Good luck!

Does your overheating phone have fast charge? If it does, disabling that in the settings may help. Good luck!

The fast charge cannot be disabled. As my phone Xiaomi redmi Note 3 has its own user interface. Anyway I managed to get WP II which is Huawei Elate at USD$70 hope it work like wonder…will go straight to 4.1.22. And use tethering from my HP hotspot to load the map before flying. If unable to, then will downgrade to .15.

Thank you guys once again for the tips…

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet