DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5.5" CrystalSky Monitors Available for ordering

You didn't read what I wrote right. It doesn't need a mount apparently. The 5.5" fits in the Mavic RC holder on its own they say.
Surprising...I thought it was kinda thick for the current Mavic holder/arms

So I spoke to DJI, and the incompatibility they mentioned is that they are too big for the Mavic RC holder. Apparently the 5.5" actually fits in the Mavic RC, and that the RC mount for the larger units so far result in the bracket sliding out from the RC, and they are still working on securing it. the 7.85" models are just as functional with the Mavic as the 5.5".

this is good to know..

Reactions: Keule
So I spoke to DJI, and the incompatibility they mentioned is that they are too big for the Mavic RC holder. Apparently the 5.5" actually fits in the Mavic RC, and that the RC mount for the larger units so far result in the bracket sliding out from the RC, and they are still working on securing it. the 7.85" models are just as functional with the Mavic as the 5.5".
Fantastic! Thanks for checking.

So I asked DJI how the 5.5" is mounted to the RC. Below is what they sent me. ;)

Anyway, I placed an order for one. Portability is more important to me without tying up my phone.Mavic.png

So I asked DJI how the 5.5" is mounted to the RC. Below is what they sent me. ;)

Anyway, I placed an order for one. Portability is more important to me without tying up my phone.View attachment 15607

excellent this is what i hoped for. i was goin to "make" it fit there one way or another now i can save the effort. cant wait for my pre order to ship from advexure.

the only issue i see mounting it this way is that the arms holding it will cover the buttons on the sides.

My pre order from Advexure for the 5.5 has updated to Shipping.

Advexure released good news on the inspire forum that these monitors will have an optional accessory that will enable HDMI and SDI IN for those wanting a field monitor.

Sadly, the larger versions of this monitor have been pushed to July/Late July.

Last edited:
My pre order from Advexure for the 5.5 has updated to Shipping.

Advexure released good news on the inspire forum that these monitors will have an optional accessory that will enable HDMI and SDI IN.

Sadly, the larger versions of this monitor have been pushed to July/Late July.
Great anxious to hear you feedback

Anyway, I placed an order for one. Portability is more important to me without tying up my phone.View attachment 15607
Looks like that sent you a picture of the iPhone...here's a CrystalSky Pic (take note of the thickness):

20170509094615_66877.jpg

So the 3/4" thickness is inclusive of the battery?

the battery shouldn't matter at all in terms of mounting from the side of the unit.. it is mounted in the middle of the unit on the back. I imagine the RC holding arms might need the current rubber molding removed to fit the crystalsky but we will find out soon.

the battery shouldn't matter at all in terms of mounting from the side of the unit.. it is mounted in the middle of the unit on the back
Yes I'm aware of that. That;s why I was questioning @Xblog when he stated, "Not with battery"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13