DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

50 years old starting first fligt

I am 53 and I have never operated any type of RC vehicle. My Mavic will be here Monday. My wife thinks I have suddenly lost my mind. She may be right.

Man, we are both 53 and by now, who cares what anybody thinks ! The Mavic is not like other R/C vehicles. It is almost autonomous (meaning completely automatic) at least in the hover mode so you don't need to 'control it' per se. You just point it where you want it to go at the altitude you have set and it goes. Very similar controls to Airbus aircraft. You manipulate the side stick controller until you achieve the attitude you want and then let go and it stays there. You will love it.

Just turned 52 on 12/16...Ive had my MP for a month now. I just so happen to live 15mins outside of Washington DC so finding a nice place to fly was a challenge for the 1st week or so. I'm in the air now always seeking new places to go fly. I think later age flying is cool.

Reactions: RobP62
I'm 32 and y'all are making me feel too young. I thought I always figured I was older than the average Drone pilot now it is becoming more mainstream. Y'all keep it up. Y'all remind me of how my dad talked to me when I was young about tight line and r/c planes when I began to get in to them( he did it when he was young). Now we don't talk much but I think this hobby could bring us a little closer.

Sent from my Pixel using MavicPilots mobile app

I'm 60 years old and been flying DJI birds for 3 years now and I always get excited to fly every time. Great product and more fun then humans should be allowed to have

I'm 32 and y'all are making me feel too young. I thought I always figured I was older than the average Drone pilot now it is becoming more mainstream. Y'all keep it up. Y'all remind me of how my dad talked to me when I was young about tight line and r/c planes when I began to get in to them( he did it when he was young). Now we don't talk much but I think this hobby could bring us a little closer.

Sent from my Pixel using MavicPilots mobile app
You are never too old for anything, I was on a gaming site called Combat arms EU and most of them players were 17- onwards I was then at the time 55 some of the boys had asked if I could be their Granddad lol. I was the highest rank in the game from the UK NUMBER 1 when all the other young one's found out my age they showed a lot of respect to me. Just carry on having fun.

I am 51 and got my first drone, a P3S last summer. I ordered the Mavic on day 2 of pre-order and love it. I passed my FAA sUAS certification about a month ago. I did it just to do it. I have taken a few pictures for convenience purposes at work. So, technically I can say I'm a professional drone pilot. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne