DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7" Huawei Mediapad T3 - aka Wundertablet

I thought certain modes including “Follow me” were dependent on having cell service.
Nah mate, Follow me needs gps. Gps can be made more accurate on occasion by having a cell service. Also, Fruity devices mostly only the ones with cell have gps I believe?

Has anyone been successful with a later version than .3? I use .15 with my wunderphone and it’s flawless...Or are they different for tablets and phones?
One guy on here used 4.1.9 and said it was legit.

Not sure how to use the AKP download
Uninstall the dji go 4 app from Google play store. Then Google apk mirror. Get on that site. Search for dji go 4. Scroll down until you find the dji go 4 app version 4.1.3 and hit download. It will install on your phone and you can then sign in. Make sure Google play store automatic updates are turned off first so it won't try to force updates.

You've probably all seen the "Wunderphone" thread and read how good Huawei phones are with the Mavic. I have a 5.2" Huawei P8 which also works great but I find the screen a little on the small side and it got me thinking about Huawei tablets.

So I took a punt on a 7" Mediapad T3. You can buy them brand new in the UK for as little as £60 in Argos.
First, I tried the latest version of Go 4 on the Play Store but the video feed was horrendous.
Version 4.1.15 was the same but thanks to Haloweenhamster, it turns out version 4.1.9 works great. Rock solid feed with no lag !
I'll now be using this as a dedicated display for the Mavic with no other apps installed.

So if you're looking for a bigger screen that won't break the bank, I think this fits the criteria of "Wundertablet", i.e. dirt cheap, works great. :D

View attachment 26771
Do you know if a galaxy tab 3 would work if I had an earlier version of the go app

Uninstall the dji go 4 app from Google play store. Then Google apk mirror. Get on that site. Search for dji go 4. Scroll down until you find the dji go 4 app version 4.1.3 and hit download. It will install on your phone and you can then sign in. Make sure Google play store automatic updates are turned off first so it won't try to force updates.
Hmmm still trying to get an older ver to download..... its asking for me to create an account. ... I'll try again tomorrow

i got my wundertablet setup with 4.1.3 which works very well even while recording
i may have to retire my wunderphone due to my old tired eyes
i made a sun shield for my phone but had to hold it a certain way to avoid glare so i took that in consideration when making a shield for my tablet.
i took it out in the sun and i was all grins at how well it works.
ill be getting better material to make a permanent one but this puppy's going flying tomorrow.-finallytablet- shield.JPG

Reactions: Cabledog
Well no go with 4.1.9 so.... that being said I'm going to take it back and I purchased a ipad mini 2. I really didn't want too but apple seems to work much better .

Thanks again for all your posts and help.

Well no go with 4.1.9 so.... that being said I'm going to take it back and I purchased a ipad mini 2. I really didn't want too but apple seems to work much better .

Thanks again for all your posts and help.
it must be something on your end,too many are having no issues,did you check out the tutorial on here on how to set it up?

I have done many setups. I'm pretty technical savvy.... I think I expected too much out of it when trying to record in 4k etc..... I honestly believe 1g ram is not enough.

I have done many setups. I'm pretty technical savvy.... I think I expected too much out of it when trying to record in 4k etc..... I honestly believe 1g ram is not enough.
If it's not working and it's not too late to return the item to the store,return it ASAP to recoup your $$.

Running 4.1.9 with no problems. I've uninstalled all unwanted apps and disabled apps that I couldn't uninstall. Running in aeroplane mode with GPS enabled. Don't know why your tablet isn't running OK?

I've basically done everything CoopermanUK has done, and seems to be pretty solid. You have to disable or uninstall basically every app on there except go 4 and Google maps. I'm almost thinking about rooting it to totally get rid of factory bloat ware that won't let me uninstall.

I am getting intrigued w/ this wundertablet, is the RC charging the tablet like most androids?
Does it have GPS like Cooperman UK mentioned in post #137?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J