DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7" Huawei Mediapad T3 - aka Wundertablet

Scobo

Reactions
*** Dji Go works up to 4.1.9 ***

You've probably all seen the "Wunderphone" thread and read how good Huawei phones are with the Mavic. I have a 5.2" Huawei P8 which also works great but I find the screen a little on the small side and it got me thinking about Huawei tablets.

So I took a punt on a 7" Mediapad T3. You can buy them brand new in the UK for as little as £60 in Argos.
First, I tried the latest version of Go 4 on the Play Store but the video feed was horrendous.
Version 4.1.15 was the same but thanks to Haloweenhamster, it turns out version 4.1.9 works great. Rock solid feed with no lag !
I'll now be using this as a dedicated display for the Mavic with no other apps installed.

So if you're looking for a bigger screen that won't break the bank, I think this fits the criteria of "Wundertablet", i.e. dirt cheap, works great. :D

IMG_1329.JPG

Last edited:
So how does it (T3 tablet) compare in Brightness and nits to the Wunderphone?

Haven't been able to find any technical info on the brightness and I haven't seen a Wunderphone but compared to my P8, I'd say it's not quite as bright but still easy enough to see in sunlight.

I initially bought a Honor 7 Lite for the Mavic. Got fed up with the small screen so I also bought the same 7" T3 tablet.

Must say it is beyond good. Not a single issue since I started using it. No crashes, no picture lags or any other hassle.
aa3620fcd0b2a0f2569d601b2976f2e2.jpg

Have a 64Gb sd in the mavic and the tablet.

Price? 63€

I initially bought a Honor 7 Lite for the Mavic. Got fed up with the small screen so I also bought the same 7" T3 tablet.

Must say it is beyond good. Not a single issue since I started using it. No crashes, no picture lags or any other hassle.
aa3620fcd0b2a0f2569d601b2976f2e2.jpg

Have a 64Gb sd in the mavic and the tablet.

Price? 63€

Welcome to the Wunderclub ! Thumbswayup:D
Which version of Go 4 are using ?

Thinking of getting one of these tablets, how are people getting on with them flying the mavic?

Reactions: JamesA
Working well here.
Flew 2 batteries with it yesterday, no issues.
Just bare in mind it doesn't seem to like the newer versions of Go 4, version .15 and .18 don't work with mine (rubbish video feed) but 4.1.9 is rock solid. Thumbswayup
There isn't anything I miss in that version that's in the newer ones.

Working well here.
Flew 2 batteries with it yesterday, no issues.
Just bare in mind it doesn't seem to like the newer versions of Go 4, version .15 and .18 don't work with mine (rubbish video feed) but 4.1.9 is rock solid. Thumbswayup
There isn't anything I miss in that version that's in the newer ones.

Sounds good, will pick one up tomorrow and give it a try

Reactions: Scobo
So far so good, picked up tablet today, set it up and downloaded DJI Go4 version 4.1.9 and all is good.
Need to wait until tomorrow to fly with it.
Cheers Scobo for the recommendation :D

Reactions: Drewy and vertrider
Hi do you have like a video proof that this tablet works with dji 4.1.9

Last edited:
Hi do you have like a video proof that this tablet works with dji 4.1.9

See Masa's post above showing the live video feed.
I guarantee you it works with 4.1.9.
I'll try and post a video when I get the time.

See Masa's post above showing the live video feed.
I guarantee you it works with 4.1.9.
I'll try and post a video when I get the time.

Thanks for your reply!
If i buy one here in sweden i cant return it so it has to work, so you say there is zero to none lag in live video feed in the air?

Thanks for your reply!
If i buy one here in sweden i cant return it so it has to work, so you say there is zero to none lag in live video feed in the air?

The feed is perfect as far as I'm concerned.
I can't see any difference between the feed with the T3 and the ipad mini or my Huawei P8 phone (which is pretty high-end spec).
My phone is slightly brighter but it's a more current model with better spec so you'd expect that but otherwise, the T3 runs Go 4 just as well.

Reactions: shoemaker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan