DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7" Huawei Mediapad T3 - aka Wundertablet

do anyone know how to root the t3? so you can clean all the unwanted apps from it?

Had a look when I got mine and couldn't see any root methods. I just disabled or uninstalled any apps I wont be using seeing as its only going to be used for flying my Mavic

I wonder where this 4.1.22 apk came from as the Playstore version is still 4.1.18 ???

when i have you all on the line here hahah fcc mode in eu? does it still work with the config file in 4.1.9?

when i have you all on the line here hahah fcc mode in eu? does it still work with the config file in 4.1.9?

I didn't uninstall 4.1.9 just upgraded. It downloaded a small resource file and asked me to complete a UK questionnaire about flight safety (10 questions, I think)

I get a message asking me to link a phone number to complete registration.
When I tap "link" it then asks for a mainland China phone number even though I'm in the UK ???

I get a message asking me to link a phone number to complete registration.
When I tap "link" it then asks for a mainland China phone number even though I'm in the UK ???

close the app and restart it, it will then ask for the questionnaire, hope this helps

Hi. I am considering a dedicated Mediapad T3 but I am really concern about the "only 1GB" of RAM. I assume for the comments here no issues for flying but just wondering if anyone has experience with basic video edits with the device. My intention would be to maintain just gmail and a few apps so I can using it as a travel reading device too. I assume I can pass some apps to a dedicated SD card but not ideal.
Looking at the new mediapad 8" with 2/16 config but assuming that is not going to fit on the standard remote control holder. Anyone tried that model?
Thanks.

Hi. I am considering a dedicated Mediapad T3 but I am really concern about the "only 1GB" of RAM. I assume for the comments here no issues for flying but just wondering if anyone has experience with basic video edits with the device. My intention would be to maintain just gmail and a few apps so I can using it as a travel reading device too. I assume I can pass some apps to a dedicated SD card but not ideal.
Looking at the new mediapad 8" with 2/16 config but assuming that is not going to fit on the standard remote control holder. Anyone tried that model?
Thanks.

When I run mine it has about 420mb or RAM free when running Go4, haven't had any problems. Have uninstalled or disabled apps that I don't need

Thanks.

Ipad mini is 7.9" and fits but only just and it's a pretty tight fit. 8" might just be a step too far, reckon you'd need to use a tablet mount.
Regarding editing, I think you'd struggle to edit with the T3 to be honest although I haven't tried it myself.

close the app and restart it, it will then ask for the questionnaire, hope this helps

So I turned on gps and that seems to have convinced the app I'm not in China. :D
It's looking good, I launched a few feet indoors (carefully) and did a couple of 360 rotations ...... no pixelation or loss of the video feed. Thumbswayup:)
Hopefully, they've now ironed out the issues that were preventing the previous versions working with the T3.

P.S. Didn't get any quiz to take though ??

So I turned on gps and that seems to have convinced the app I'm not in China. :D
It's looking good, I launched a few feet indoors (carefully) and did a couple of 360 rotations ...... no pixelation or loss of the video feed. Thumbswayup:)
Hopefully, they've now ironed out the issues that were preventing the previous versions working with the T3.

P.S. Didn't get any quiz to take though ??

Sounds good, hopefully get to fly it tomorrow unless it snows again.
Did you have to download another resource file once you opened the new app, I think that's the quiz?

Sounds good, hopefully get to fly it tomorrow unless it snows again.
Did you have to download another resource file once you opened the new app, I think that's the quiz?

Yeah, I think you have to download a resource file everytime you update or do a clean install, but no quiz for me yet.
I have seen this mentioned on other threads though.

The only problem for me with this although I want a cheaper solution as for a tablet is the version of the app that you have to use. In other words, if and or when they support OTG support and bump up the version to the latest version .22, .23, .24 whatever, then will the wundertablet still be able to handle it? Downgrading just doesn't feel right :)

Last edited:
The only problem for me with this although I want a cheaper solution as for a tablet is the version of the app that you have to use. In other words, if and or when they support OTG support and bump up the version to the latest version .22, .23, .24 whatever, then will the wundertablet still be able to handle it? Downgrading

I guess you'd need to pay a lot more if you want better future proofing but the T3 works great for now.
Even if you only got a year or so out of it, it's still a bargain at £54 brand new !
Not sure what you mean by OTG support. The Mavic already connects to the remote by usb.

I guess you'd need to pay a lot more if you want better future proofing but the T3 works great for now.
Even if you only got a year or so out of it, it's still a bargain at £54 brand new !
Not sure what you mean by OTG support. The Mavic already connects to the remote by usb.

Yeah right now OTG support on the Spark is lacking. In other words, on 4.1.18 version of the DJI Go 4 app, the telemetry doesn't work. Everything else works on the Spark but no telemetry. I don't want to have two different version, one for Spark and one for the Mavic.

Right now my only option to go with is an iPad mini 4 or the iPad 9.7 2017.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven