DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7" Huawei Mediapad T3 - aka Wundertablet

4.1.22 version of DJI Go 4 now on UK/EU play store. Just asked to update from the one posted yesterday. Wonder what the difference is?

Last edited:
Looking through the specs it would seem the resolution ppi (170) on this is less then the 8" MediaPad T3 (189 ppi) along with the battery size (3,100 mah) also being about 30% smaller then the 8" MediaPad T3 (4,800 mah), Also the 8" Media Pad T3 is running Nougat Android 7.0 which is the same as the wonderphone.

But the specs on the wonderphone with the snapdragon 435 processor would also show the geek bench scores better then the snapdragon 425 that the 8" is running and better then the MT8127 that is running on the 7".

If I had to choose the 8" Huawei MediaPad T3 would be the smarter buy. But the wonderphone specs. unfortunately still out perform both of these tablet's, and visually the resolution would be a little softer on both tablets as the ppi on the wonderphone is 232.

Looking through the specs it would seem the resolution ppi (170) on this is less then the 8" MediaPad T3 (189 ppi) along with the battery size (3,100 mah) also being about 30% smaller then the 8" MediaPad T3 (4,800 mah), Also the 8" Media Pad T3 is running Nougat Android 7.0 which is the same as the wonderphone.

But the specs on the wonderphone with the snapdragon 435 processor would also show the geek bench scores better then the snapdragon 425 that the 8" is running and better then the MT8127 that is running on the 7".

If I had to choose the 8" Huawei MediaPad T3 would be the smarter buy. But the wonderphone specs. unfortunately still out perform both of these tablet's, and visually the resolution would be a little softer on both tablets as the ppi on the wonderphone is 232.

This is all true but as has been said, the T3 7" runs the app very well and is ideal as a cheap, dedicated display device.
If you don't want the larger screen (Wunderphone is only 5.5") and want a device than can be used for other tasks as well as flying the Mavic then the Wunderphone may be the better option.
I have an ipad mini 2 but find it a tad too big and heavy on the remote.
The T3 7" is the perfect size and weight, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah right now OTG support on the Spark is lacking. In other words, on 4.1.18 version of the DJI Go 4 app, the telemetry doesn't work. Everything else works on the Spark but no telemetry. I don't want to have two different version, one for Spark and one for the Mavic.

Right now my only option to go with is an iPad mini 4 or the iPad 9.7 2017.

4.1.22 might help you with the Spark ........

IMG_20171229_082237.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171229-081830.png
    Screenshot_20171229-081830.png
    171.6 KB · Views: 64
Anyone had a chance to fly with 4.1.22 yet ?
Can't get out myself yet as it's snowing heavy here and 2" deep. :(

i installed 4.1.3 now so i can put in a config file to unlock the fcc mode. hope it works

Managed to get 7 minutes flight time tonight before it got dark, Mavic flew as expected but had a few video breakups on the T3 with 4.1.22.
Hopefully get more time tomorrow to try a longer flight in better conditions.

Managed to get 7 minutes flight time tonight before it got dark, Mavic flew as expected but had a few video breakups on the T3 with 4.1.22.
Hopefully get more time tomorrow to try a longer flight in better conditions.

Hopefully just interferance. I'll try mine tomorrow too.

Reactions: CoopermanUK
on huawei p9 go4 works perfect, (newest version), t3 only 4.1.9 stable

Have you disabled or uninstalled any apps you don't need on the T3. I've only got the minimum apps running on my T3 with 4.1.22,
I've also disabled cache locally when recording and it seems to work fine. Only had a small bit of video breakup when testing yesterday.
Hopefully will get more flight time today and report back.

Ok, just attempted a flight with 4.1.22.
Same result as all versions above 4.1.9, feed breaking up and pixelating.
Back to 4.1.9 it is then !
Think we'd need an different rom for the T3 to get newer versions of Go 4 working.
I'm happy enough with 4.1.9 anyway. Not missing anything in the latest version.

I was wondering if a Nexus 7 would be a good choice? Had one a couple years ago, but sold it. It was a great tablet. See them used now for about 50 EUR. Question will be the state of the battery of course...?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks