DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7" Huawei Mediapad T3 - aka Wundertablet

I am getting intrigued w/ this wundertablet, is the RC charging the tablet like most androids?
Does it have GPS like Cooperman UK mentioned in post #137?

Unfortunately it has the same problem as other Android tablets/phones in that the RC charges the tablet, the way I've got round it is to connect a small power bank to the RC. Yes, the tablet has GPS and with Go 4 v4.1.9 it has offline maps so you can run the tablet in Aeroplane mode.
All in all I've not had any problems with this tablet running Go 4 v4.1.9

I am getting intrigued w/ this wundertablet, is the RC charging the tablet like most androids?
Does it have GPS like Cooperman UK mentioned in post #137?
yes and yes

Awesome I think I need to get 1,been using mini 4 and getting tired of mounting the thing to the mount. How many batteries can it handles @ full charge?

I've been using this tablet since months and months. Ver. 4.1.5
Also 3 batteries easy flying with full Rc and Tablet batteries. Never any issues. Airplane mode and dji go and google maps that i have downloaded for offline use. BEAUTIFUL!

You've probably all seen the "Wunderphone" thread and read how good Huawei phones are with the Mavic. I have a 5.2" Huawei P8 which also works great but I find the screen a little on the small side and it got me thinking about Huawei tablets.

So I took a punt on a 7" Mediapad T3. You can buy them brand new in the UK for as little as £60 in Argos.
First, I tried the latest version of Go 4 on the Play Store but the video feed was horrendous.
Version 4.1.15 was the same but thanks to Haloweenhamster, it turns out version 4.1.9 works great. Rock solid feed with no lag !
I'll now be using this as a dedicated display for the Mavic with no other apps installed.

So if you're looking for a bigger screen that won't break the bank, I think this fits the criteria of "Wundertablet", i.e. dirt cheap, works great. :D

View attachment 26771
Does it have GPS? Also, how does the follow me feature work with it?

Does it have GPS? Also, how does the follow me feature work with it?

Yes it has gps.
Haven't tried "follow me" but the other intelligent flight modes work fine so I don't see it being a problem.

Most places were selling it at that price a few weeks ago, the price seems to have gone up in the last few weeks.
They must be shifting more of them again.

Got mine from Argos just after Christmas for £59 but as you said its went up in price, supply and demand. Hopefully the link will help shift a few more wundertablets :)

Branching off of all this, does anyone have a list of the different Andrioid versions of Go4 that include what they have, or what they are missing? I’m running .15 on my Wunderphone right now, but would like to see how different that is from .5 or .9 being run on the Wundertablet? It would also be nice to see how those all differ from the newer versions. I basically want to know what I’m missing out on by using an older version of the app.

You've probably all seen the "Wunderphone" thread and read how good Huawei phones are with the Mavic. I have a 5.2" Huawei P8 which also works great but I find the screen a little on the small side and it got me thinking about Huawei tablets.

So I took a punt on a 7" Mediapad T3. You can buy them brand new in the UK for as little as £60 in Argos.
First, I tried the latest version of Go 4 on the Play Store but the video feed was horrendous.
Version 4.1.15 was the same but thanks to Haloweenhamster, it turns out version 4.1.9 works great. Rock solid feed with no lag !
I'll now be using this as a dedicated display for the Mavic with no other apps installed.

So if you're looking for a bigger screen that won't break the bank, I think this fits the criteria of "Wundertablet", i.e. dirt cheap, works great. :D

View attachment 26771
Wundertablet can run litchi or no?

My current phone Xperia Compact X is too small and chunky (making it great for cycling), my old phone is thin and big (OnePlus One), but the app always crashes! Boo. Got a Mediapad on Friday and set it up following the instructions on this thread.

Tried it today in the wind and it worked perfectly. Shame it doesn't like the latest version of the app but not to worry. £60 for a reliable and big screen for piloting is great.

Thanks OP and everyone else for the help, great resource this :)

Reactions: Scobo
My current phone Xperia Compact X is too small and chunky (making it great for cycling), my old phone is thin and big (OnePlus One), but the app always crashes! Boo. Got a Mediapad on Friday and set it up following the instructions on this thread.

Tried it today in the wind and it worked perfectly. Shame it doesn't like the latest version of the app but not to worry. £60 for a reliable and big screen for piloting is great.

Thanks OP and everyone else for the help, great resource this :)
I am using a modded app on my phone, so that same version will go on the Mediapad. I am using my Mavic only to fly and look around, not interested in all the crap that DJI keeps on adding to the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terancemcleod29