DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7" Huawei Mediapad T3 - aka Wundertablet

*** IMPORTANT ***

Guys, do NOT update your T3 with the latest EMUI system update !!!
I just updated mine and the video feed with 4.1.9 has turned to crap ! :mad:
Currently in the process of doing a factory reset.

Update :

Reset my T3 to factory and all is well again, phew.
Lesson learned, do NOT update anything once you have your T3 setup and running well with Go 4 !!

Cheers Scobo,
Mine asked to update this morning, refused update and disable system updates.

Any thoughts on going with the 8" over the 7" version? Will be used with a Phantom and a Mavic Pro.

Any thoughts on going with the 8" over the 7" version? Will be used with a Phantom and a Mavic Pro.

Personally, I find an 8" screen just a bit too bulky with the Mavic remote. I used an ipad mini for a while but didn't like it.
7" seems about right to me.

Anyone know why the maps aren't showing up in the bottom left corner on the go 4 app? When I start up, it says, "home point has been recorded" but it just shows a small white screen instead of the small screen with a picture of maps. I have location enabled, and have Google maps on the tablet too. Not sure why it's showing white. Never had this problem when using my phone.

Anyone know why the maps aren't showing up in the bottom left corner on the go 4 app? When I start up, it says, "home point has been recorded" but it just shows a small white screen instead of the small screen with a picture of maps. I have location enabled, and have Google maps on the tablet too. Not sure why it's showing white. Never had this problem when using my phone.

You either need an internet connection (tether to your phone maybe) or before you fly, open google maps and cache the area you intend to fly.
This is the case for all devices that don't have internet access built in.

You either need an internet connection (tether to your phone maybe) or before you fly, open google maps and cache the area you intend to fly.
This is the case for all devices that don't have internet access built in.
Ok, thank you. I'll give that a shot. I did cache an offline map of my area when I was on my home Wi-Fi, but I'll try to tether to my phone maybe right before I fly and then go to airplane mode

I got one of these from Amazon UK for £59 thanks to the poster above, figuring I had other jobs for it if it doesn't work out for the Mavic.
What are the "video issues" you get when using latest Go4? I have tried it with various versions of Go4 from 4.1.3 right up to the current version and I get a good solid picture on all of them, but on all versions it's really delayed (about 1 second). This makes controlling the aircraft quite difficult. On my Galaxy S7 there's a delay of about 0.25 seconds.

I haven't yet tried (and am not too keen on) rolling back the firmware of the Mavic which is on latest FW, would that help with the delay if I did?

I got one of these from Amazon UK for £59 thanks to the poster above, figuring I had other jobs for it if it doesn't work out for the Mavic.
What are the "video issues" you get when using latest Go4? I have tried it with various versions of Go4 from 4.1.3 right up to the current version and I get a good solid picture on all of them, but on all versions it's really delayed (about 1 second). This makes controlling the aircraft quite difficult. On my Galaxy S7 there's a delay of about 0.25 seconds.

I haven't yet tried (and am not too keen on) rolling back the firmware of the Mavic which is on latest FW, would that help with the delay if I did?

Shouldn't need to roll back firmware, I'm running Go4 v4.1.9 with no lag issues. follow the instructions on this link Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) - Phantom Help

Hm interesting. I did follow those instructions, I wonder why I am getting lag and you aren't?

Have you disabled/uninstalled all apps that aren't needed and don't have any other apps running in the background?
What OS version is on the tablet?

I thought I had, but now I know yours works better I will try again.
It's android v6.0 build BG2-W09C100B005

Same OS build as mine, not got my tablet with me but when I get a minute I'll check what I've disabled and uninstalled.
Have you tried it in aeroplane mode to see if that helps?

*** IMPORTANT ***

Guys, do NOT update your T3 with the latest EMUI system update !!!
I just updated mine and the video feed with 4.1.9 has turned to crap ! :mad:
Currently in the process of doing a factory reset.

Update :

Reset my T3 to factory and all is well again, phew.
Lesson learned, do NOT update anything once you have your T3 setup and running well with Go 4 !!

Dang!
I had a feeling that the EMUI update would mess something up, since the setup now finally worked perfect with the 4.1.9 instead of the later versions that had delays and pixelation.
(I haven't confirmed that it actually did mess things up on my T3 yet, but I'm sure it did!)

Can you give some quick pointers as to how to do the factory reset on the T3?

Edit: Just took a quick spin up to 120m and the video still works great with the EMUI update and 4.1.9 on my T3. No lag and no break up. (So far...)

Last edited:
Here my setup with the T3 10"... thanks all for share your experience and make our fly great and safe.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-02-06 at 11.52.54.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-06 at 11.52.54.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 52
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-02-06 at 11.53.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-06 at 11.53.22.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 50
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads