DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7" Huawei Mediapad T3 - aka Wundertablet

Not tried aeroplane mode. I will have another go with it when I get home tonight.

Here is a list off everything I've disabled on the T3: Calculator, Drive, Email, Gmail, Google app, Google Play Movies &TV, Google Play Music, Hangouts, HiCare, Notepad, Photos,Weather and Youtube.

The Only apps I have on the T3 are: Android System WebView, Calendar, Camera, Chrome, Clock, DJI GO4, Downloads, Files, Gallery, Gboard, Google Play services, Google Play services for Instant Apps, Google Play Store, Google Text-to-speech engine, Huawei Contacts, Maps, Music, Recorder, Settings, Tablet Manager, Themes, Updater and Videos.

Everything else has been uninstalled.

The only app I have running when flying is DJI GO4, everything else is has been stopped and I have about 262MB free memory when GO4 is running.

Thanks for your help, I've had another go with it... I am not sure what I have changed but the lag is now much less, though still a bit more than the S7. Have you changed anything on the video transmission mode in the app (the HD menu)? It seems like if you change that to Custom rather than Auto, the lag is less (I am not sure what that changes).

Interestingly for those who are using old versions of the app or Mavic firmware, I am testing with the latest app 4.2.4 and the latest Mavic 01.04.0200 and it is working fine, except for the slight lag. So it may not be necessary to stick with those old versions.

Now another question, I can only get it to work on the small side USB socket on the remote controller. If I plug into the large USB socket on the bottom, it charges but it does not connect. Is that right? I thought you could use either.

Haven't changed video transmission settings.
I'm using the bottom USB with no problem, have you enabled USB debugging on the tablet and tried a different cable.

Hm, the video delay seems to vary quite a lot and I cannot work out what is affecting it. There is nothing else running on the tablet.

Tried various cables, but I still had the side USB cable plugged in (nothing on the other end), when I unplugged it the bottom USB started to work, which was unexpected.

Hm, the video delay seems to vary quite a lot and I cannot work out what is affecting it. There is nothing else running on the tablet.

Tried various cables, but I still had the side USB cable plugged in (nothing on the other end), when I unplugged it the bottom USB started to work, which was unexpected.
Yeah, you cannot have both plugged in at the same time. I found that out the hard way too.

OK I take that back about the video working fine with the latest version of Go4. If there is too much image data (lots of movement etc) then it breaks up and goes blocky.

Got my Wundertablet today. Loaded my modded Go app ver. 4.1.3, and went for a test flight in a heavy congested wifi environment. Took it out to 1.5 kilometers and back. Verdict - all went perfect with out a glitch, no lag, warnings or any funny stuff. Very pleased for the price one pays for it. Thanks to Scobo for this gem :)

Got my Wundertablet today. Loaded my modded Go app ver. 4.1.3, and went for a test flight in a heavy congested wifi environment. Took it out to 1.5 kilometers and back. Verdict - all went perfect with out a glitch, no lag, warnings or any funny stuff. Very pleased for the price one pays for it. Thanks to Scobo for this gem :)

Fantastic!
Note that you can probably run the 4.1.9 version w/o glitches as well.

I got one of these from Amazon UK for £59 thanks to the poster above, figuring I had other jobs for it if it doesn't work out for the Mavic.
What are the "video issues" you get when using latest Go4? I have tried it with various versions of Go4 from 4.1.3 right up to the current version and I get a good solid picture on all of them, but on all versions it's really delayed (about 1 second). This makes controlling the aircraft quite difficult. On my Galaxy S7 there's a delay of about 0.25 seconds.

I haven't yet tried (and am not too keen on) rolling back the firmware of the Mavic which is on latest FW, would that help with the delay if I did?

Hi there.
Are you saying you get a good video feed with latest version of the app on your T3 7" ?

Hi there.
Are you saying you get a good video feed with latest version of the app on your T3 7" ?

No, I posted a later reply after that. I was testing it inside on the ground as it was dark and windy outside, and I thought it was working fine. However when I flew it the next day, the picture breaks up when there is a lot of detail or movement. So please ignore that comment.

Updated to the latest firmware (V01.04.0300). Works flawlessly with the beloved T3 on 4.1.9 :)

(My new 5'' Huawei Y6 phone on the latest 4.2.6 app also works without a glitch)

Reactions: Scobo
Updated to the latest firmware (V01.04.0300). Works flawlessly with the beloved T3 on 4.1.9 :)

(My new 5'' Huawei Y6 phone on the latest 4.2.6 app also works without a glitch)
Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't sure about updating yet.

does anyone know whats different in 4.1.3 and 4.1.5 app?

I went from 4.0.0 to 4.1.9 and tested each. With me 4.1.3 in airplane mode and Wi-Fi disabled. Went out about 1 1/2 miles worked perfectly. I keep my phone with latest firmware as well as my iPad air. Mainly use the mediapad now for line of sight flying on beach or droning the neighborhood. Have nothing extra and disabled about everything else. Turn off notifications too.

Hello ! New owner of a Mavic, I did get the 7" Huawei T3 After having read your reviews. DJI app 4.1.9 didn't work well for me, got disconnected after 5 minutes but 4.1.3 works perfectly! Just my quick review :)

Hello ! New owner of a Mavic, I did get the 7" Huawei T3 After having read your reviews. DJI app 4.1.9 didn't work well for me, got disconnected after 5 minutes but 4.1.3 works perfectly! Just my quick review :)

Sounds good!
Are you caching to the device?

Sounds good!
Are you caching to the device?
Well I am practicing slowly in an open area. Working on the moves and gimbal moves since I am willing to offer aerial pictures and movies to my clients this year.
Very responsive and it feels reliable !

Well I am practicing slowly in an open area. Working on the moves and gimbal moves since I am willing to offer aerial pictures and movies to my clients this year.
Very responsive and it feels reliable !

Are you saving the video feed on the phone? If you do, this could be the reason why it disconnected after 5 minutes on 4.1.9

Reactions: lucioles
Are you saving the video feed on the phone? If you do, this could be the reason why it disconnected after 5 minutes on 4.1.9
Thank you for the tip ! I forgot to setup the app. I have turned off the option on my smartphone and I thought the settings were synchronized between devices. Will try again the 4.1.9 version then !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest