DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

700 HAS THE DJI BUG BUILT IN...MAYBE (Already sorry for the long post)

I have had my MP since April and have been on 700 fw since it came out and all has been great. 177 flights - 1,032,507 feet, no issues. I have 37 acres next to me and it is 4.69 miles from 1 medium airport and 4.93 miles from a non-tower, grass runway airport. Have talked to both and both said no need to call every time since I fly pretty much every evening after work and weekends and don't go above 400 feet. Never had a NFZ warning.

Took the MP to Florida last week and a couple of my fly zone apps said NFZ and couple said no NFZ. Tried it out, no warnings, no problems. Flew on the beach at sunrise with no one around, multiple flights, out 1400 feet out up 398 feet. No warnings, solid, flew great. Flew around the channel, same, no problems.

Got back home and took it out to my normal flight area and wa-la...Have a NFZ warning now.

View attachment 15642

I just X'ed out and flew with no problems but kept popping up when I would get a little closer toward the airport. It didn't warn against the medium airport, just the unpaved airport???

Also if you look I was only 1209 feet away and already loosing 1 bar on reception and HD??? There is a lot of trees in between but I was at 228 feet high and I usually don't loose bars there until I get below about 30-40 feet. What the heck is going on?
App. 4.1.2
Aircraft .0700
App Database 01.04

I have always hit ignore updates, never turned on GEO System since I'v had it. I have used my wi-fi at times but not usually when flying, only to cache maps and read flight apps and read here.
How did it get there...sneak in while I was sleeping...sneak in sometime when I had wi-fi on... Maybe it's always been there!!!

I'm flying at another spot in the morning I'v been to before and will see what happens. Definitely won't take it over water till sure about NFZ, my confidence is lost. Bummer :((

Did you had auto updates on?

Did you had auto updates on?

Nope, never. Have always been on 700 since it came out and still am. Have always had background app refresh turned off on my iPad.

Been reading this forum since February and got my bird in April and have read all about to update or not to update. All pros and cons. I have been very careful.

Only thing I can figure is when I used wi-if to get my maps but I don't do that while hooked up to my MP, just on my pad.

It's been said here before that the NFZ's may be already built in at one of the updates before 700.

Just frustrated about having to figure out one more thing about flying and have to do it after driving somewhere and taking the chance to not be able to even fly. [emoji36]

Might as well update to 900 and try to figure out NFZ before going somewhere, or maybe use the vm downgrade or the coptersafe to get 400. ‍♂️

Will see. Just tired now. Good night. Things always look better after a nap. [emoji9]

Nope, never. Have always been on 700 since it came out and still am. Have always had background app refresh turned off on my iPad.

Been reading this forum since February and got my bird in April and have read all about to update or not to update. All pros and cons. I have been very careful.

Only thing I can figure is when I used wi-if to get my maps but I don't do that while hooked up to my MP, just on my pad.

It's been said here before that the NFZ's may be already built in at one of the updates before 700.

Just frustrated about having to figure out one more thing about flying and have to do it after driving somewhere and taking the chance to not be able to even fly. [emoji36]

Might as well update to 900 and try to figure out NFZ before going somewhere, or maybe use the vm downgrade or the coptersafe to get 400. ‍♂️

Will see. Just tired now. Good night. Things always look better after a nap. [emoji9]

Edit: I may have left wi-fi inadvertently on one of the times I flew but was off when I got the first ever warning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun