DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

I honestly don't understand what the firmware fuss is all about??

I've installed every single firmware update since getting my Mavic in November, and always flown the next day or within a couple days. I've never had a problem.

Sometimes I'm convinced that 90% of these "after upgrade nightmares" are just general user error that would have happened on any other firmware. <flame suit on>
Well good for you they are not user error that's for SURE!! I did every update with no problems until .600 that was nuts. It was that bad I went back to .400 now I'm on .700 with NO PROBLEMS. so go figure.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Well good for you they are not user error that's for SURE!! I did every update with no problems until .600 that was nuts. It was that bad I went back to .400 now I'm on .700 with NO PROBLEMS. so go figure.

Just upgraded to .700

Besides it taking 45 minutes to download and upgrade it went smoothly.

However I still get some minor drunken horizon just like I did with 600 and 550 and 400.

It's not as bad as my original but still pretty dang obvious and something the gimbal should not be doing. Gonna redo the imu again and calibrate and try yet again.

I am noticing that my entire video seems to blur out if I move side to side or yaw at all no matter what my settings.

Reactions: its2loud
Force landing at 10% cannot be cancelled again...
It was fine on .600 if I pushed the stick up the mavic would just hover. Now force landing does not cancel. Hitting the big red x on the left side.of the screen does not do anything.

Moving the stick up hasn't cancelled landing for me but pressing the home button for half a second always does cancel NP.

I normally acknowledge the yellow NFZ warning and just fly as usual. If I get a red NFZ warning...well, I just don't fly. I thought that was kind of common sense.

I don't understand why people feel so compelled to either ignore or challenge NFZ's? If you're in a red area...there's a pretty good chance you should not be flying regardless of how good you think you are, how harmless you're being, or innocent your flight plan is. Again...common sense and user error as I stated before.

My opinion is on anyone that flies in a Red No Fly Zone should be outed. I don't have any problem in saying I'm afraid I would probably turn someone in for disregarding a Red Zone. People lives are a stake in those situations.

Just upgraded to .700

However I still get some minor drunken horizon just like I did with 600 and 550 and 400.

It's not as bad as my original but still pretty dang obvious and something the gimbal should not be doing. Gonna redo the imu again and calibrate and try yet again.

I am noticing that my entire video seems to blur out if I move side to side or yaw at all no matter what my settings.

When I updated to .0700 the upgrade took less then 20 mins including the R/C firmware as well. The 1st flight went over 95% near perfect. Then 2nd flight was a completely different scenario. I will now remain on .0400.

Just upgraded to .700

I've watched your videos, Sean, and it looks like there's some hysteresis to the movement as it settles, the drunken aspect, or like a ship settling after its been rocked. It looks a lot like there may be some too-thick lubricant in the bearing for the roll gimbal motor.

If you're willing and brave enough, and the bearing can be accessed, putting a microscopic drop of a very light oil on the end of the spindle with a toothpick might make the whole thing go away.

Just an idea...

Reactions: SeanOzz
I've watched your videos, Sean, and it looks like there's some hysteresis to the movement as it settles, the drunken aspect, or like a ship settling after its been rocked. It looks a lot like there may be some too-thick lubricant in the bearing for the roll gimbal motor.

If you're willing and brave enough, and the bearing can be accessed, putting a microscopic drop of a very light oil on the end of the spindle with a toothpick might make the whole thing go away.

Just an idea...

It would be nice if it was that simple.
I'm about in disbelief that I've now had three mavics all with similar issues of a varying degree. However this latest one might have a blur issue as well I'm still testing. Such a pain.

If the camera and gimbal worked as good as the mavic flew this thing would be unbeatable in every way.

I live in Italy (reduced output level) and I tried the .0700 up to 6.5 km (but I could have gone on) and now the .0400 (and DJI Go 4.0.6 on android device) up to 7 km (unfortunately the battery is over before it returns to the home point but, that's a different story) so I think they have changed, as you say, the receiver threshold levels in the SDR; on the .0400 I can easily see that the signal is getting worse while on the .0700 everything seems ok, until I lose the signal (bad feeling).
I noticed something else ... with the .0700 the RC lasted me for about 5 flights while now with the .0400 it last me for about 4 flights, but I have to check more effectively ... I don't know if this is inherent with the output level.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

That is exactly what I experienced. It's almost like they changed the Squelch level on the SDR. At a certain distance you lose one Bar then you go just a bit further like 100M and the signal just drops out! With .0400 I could go out a lot further and the signal would just slowly drop down in a gradual manor.

This gradual drop made it much easier to know when to turn around. Also with .400 the signal would come back up as I got just a little closer but with .500 it would not come back until the craft had moved Approx 300M closer and then it would just bounce back up from 0 Bars to 4 Bars.

Rob

Flew 2 batteries today after upgrading to 700. All was good until I suddenly lost video feed and the RTH button was presented. I was only 50 feet away from the drone.
I was forced to land and after a restart of Go on my iPhone 7 video feed was restored.
This has never happened before.
Regarding the gimble obstruction issue during boot up it is seems to be gone now. This is very nice. I also noted that the gimble tilt issue is highly improved.
I had the same happening to me yesterday right after successful 20 min flight. Change batteries, took off and after 100m of LOS my video got lost and had to RTH. Restated everything and next flight was without problems. Weird.

Im having problems with 700. No fixed wing mode. Today my video is very choppy. I calibrate the IMU and the compass. Now there is a need to calibrate my visual sensor thru dji asst. Wtf. Is this DJI. Its supposed to be a good firmware but im having an issue

Im on the .700 FW and I noticed my camera info (I only shoot still photos) disappeared. So shutter speed, ISO, white balance and all the info below the top line went missing. Was rather odd I thought.

I wasnt sure if I changed a setting somewhere so I just used the histogram to check exposure. After I got home I checked to see if my settings changed after I deleted the cache on the GoApp. All the info returned. Weird

Im on the .700 FW and I noticed my camera info (I only shoot still photos) disappeared. So shutter speed, ISO, white balance and all the info below the top line went missing. Was rather odd I thought.

I wasnt sure if I changed a setting somewhere so I just used the histogram to check exposure. After I got home I checked to see if my settings changed after I deleted the cache on the GoApp. All the info returned. Weird

That happened to me a couple times, going back to the home screen and then "Go Fly" fixed that.. are you on Android?

That happened to me a couple times, going back to the home screen and then "Go Fly" fixed that.. are you on Android?

I am. Samsung On5. Ive never had crashing problems or really any issues with the app.

But truthfully I only have 3 apps installed on it and I make sure no other apps other than the DJI Go app are running while Im flying.

Here is my experience after .700

1st - i calibrate the compass
2nd - i calibrate the rc
3rd - i fired up the motors using the CSC. BUT i didnt turned on. so i use the app. Then it hover about a meter (default hover) but then the scary part of not having control on MP :(
4th - i grab it by hand and try to stop the motors by turning off the battery but it didnt. But it takes for awhile that i should stop thru the app since i "turn it on" also in the app.
5th - finally it stops.

Lesson learned:
Turn the motors on thru CSC. If it turns on you will have control on it. If not restart all.

About the gimbal reset.
it reset at first but the 2nd try i recorded my first 10 mins plus of video until it reset again. :(
I hope it will progress from 10mins to 11 to 12 until it will not stop. HOPEFULLY :)

This time the app didn't response :(

That is exactly what I experienced. It's almost like they changed the Squelch level on the SDR. At a certain distance you lose one Bar then you go just a bit further like 100M and the signal just drops out! With .0400 I could go out a lot further and the signal would just slowly drop down in a gradual manor.

This gradual drop made it much easier to know when to turn around. Also with .400 the signal would come back up as I got just a little closer but with .500 it would not come back until the craft had moved Approx 300M closer and then it would just bounce back up from 0 Bars to 4 Bars.

Rob
i am still getting this on 0700, 0n 0600 i did not have it that bad it was like 0400.

0500 and 0550 i had it disappear in an instant. 0600 fixed that but on 0700 after a few distance flights, only 2 to 3 kilos i am not getting the graduation of signal loss, flying in same place every time.i don't even get the flashing symbol now. Just a complete drop out of RC and video (IOS).

I liked 0600 for me that FW flew very well i found it actually as good as 400.

i think i will drop back to 0600 and try that again.

.600 working spot on for me.I can't quite get my head round all theese strange goings on.I will stick with.600 as I don't want the spook inside my mavic.

I Just downgraded to 0600.
If you downgrade do you need to downgrade on the version of the app as well or mavic and rc is fine? Im on .700 and having issues with the gimbal horizon. Its off and on. I'm headed on vacation next week and last thing I need is this issue when I'm trying to shoot footage.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas