DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

Also it is very possible that they might not be be changing the output level. They could also change the receiver threshold levels in the SDR to use more conservative values. To the end user it would seem like less power output.
I live in Italy (reduced output level) and I tried the .0700 up to 6.5 km (but I could have gone on) and now the .0400 (and DJI Go 4.0.6 on android device) up to 7 km (unfortunately the battery is over before it returns to the home point but, that's a different story) so I think they have changed, as you say, the receiver threshold levels in the SDR; on the .0400 I can easily see that the signal is getting worse while on the .0700 everything seems ok, until I lose the signal (bad feeling).
I noticed something else ... with the .0700 the RC lasted me for about 5 flights while now with the .0400 it last me for about 4 flights, but I have to check more effectively ... I don't know if this is inherent with the output level.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

Last edited:
Reactions: TroutboyNZ
Is it not true that the app versions can not be rolled back, or is it possible?

I currently have 4.0.7 installed. I had asked you because I was trying to find out if there was #1...a benefit to using one version over the other. And #2...if was a bad idea to say use GO4 4.0.8 with .0400?
4.0.3 GO4 app is the version that was out on the 23rd of Feb and 14th of Feb was the release date of FW 0400 so i the release notes of the 14th of Feb DJI designated the older 4.0.2 GO4 app as analogue to FW 0400 but yes not that it makes a huge difference I used different app versions with FW 0400 and 0300 before that.
Now apps dont "roll back" but if u have an android device you can very easily delete the app version u got installed and install from an APK file site like APKmirror an older DJIGO4 app, in the case of iOS things get more complicated. I am an android user mainly.

Reactions: k3vnnyork
With firmware .0400, on my Samsung A5 2016, the DJI go 4.0.4 and 4.0.5 have random disconnections and I have to reboot the smartphone to make it work again.
DJI go 4.0.6 works very well.

First flight with .0700 today, started motors and got a IMU calibration error. Stopped motors and error cleared, restarted motors and all okay. Have never had any calibration errors in the past...

Run about 10 batteries through on .700, using video and stills extensively.
Can honestly say no problems at all, steady as a rock in fairly strong onshore winds at the beach. Put in video mode for ten minutes straight and just let it hover, fixed in place, horizon straight as.

I was flying inside an NFZ yesterday and the NFZ prompt (with checkboxes "I take responsibility...") kept popping up every few seconds. Has anybody else experienced this?

Other issues since .700:
  • The app RC signal meter stays at 0 even though the RC has full bars
  • Occasional strong video artifacts even in close range

I was flying inside an NFZ yesterday and the NFZ prompt (with checkboxes "I take responsibility...") kept popping up every few seconds. Has anybody else experienced this?

Other issues since .700:
  • The app RC signal meter stays at 0 even though the RC has full bars
  • Occasional strong video artifacts even in close range
Yes - same here, it was the last straw with the fake NFZ issues and I went back to .400 that evening.
However you could try removing the app and any DJI folders on your device, and download app again. Seems to resolve some of these issues.

Reactions: jasty
I would love to see the reactions of the DJI techs who actually know what changed in the FW versions to all the reports of increased/decreased signal quality, hover stability and all other highly subjective and variable parameters.. I bet that if they released a .750 tomorrow with absolutely no changes at all there would still be reports or it either being a total flop or the best FW ever..

I totally agree with this.

Reactions: SeanOzz
Been following the thread for a while.
I don't see the point of upgrading as I don't intend to own goggles and the fact that the last update on Android put me out of the air for 3 days while I got the bugs ironed out.

My second and main reason is i have watched a few YouTubes on downgrading by turning on the controller and toggling the RH top screen menu bars to locate the 'Older version list'....
This list is not an option on my Android app, so if it sucks I won't be able to downgrade again....
I vote @Muppet With A Chopper be suspended from posting until he gets an appropriate avatar :D

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
I don't know why updating the firmware would have an effect on this, but I didn't notice any app crashes during 2 flights after updating (4.0.7 on android). Granted I did also clear my video cache before going out, but on my first ever flight (thus an empty video cache) on .400, I got several crashes, and every time I've flown since on any firmware, the app crashed no less than 2 or 3 times per battery. I'm not going to complain about it though :D

I've flown several in my backyard just to do quick testing since I upgraded to .700. The only issue I had experienced was the gimbal not leveling out when I flew left and right (I experienced this with .600 as well). I shut it down and restarted everything (Mavic, RC, etc.) and the issue went away. I guess I need to try and fly a bit more this week before I head out on vacation next week. If I need to downgrade back to .400 then I better do it before I leave.

If I do have to downgrade firmware, I'll need to downgrade the Mavic as well as the RC so could that be done with DJI Assistant? Would I need to downgrade GO (android) as well or can I still use the most current?

Reactions: SeanOzz
This post may be better suited to the photo/video section, however, I don't believe I've had an app version change, just a FW downgrade from .550 to .400. Is it my imagination or was I able to take a still photo while recording video when .550 was installed?

I honestly don't understand what the firmware fuss is all about??

I've installed every single firmware update since getting my Mavic in November, and always flown the next day or within a couple days. I've never had a problem.

Sometimes I'm convinced that 90% of these "after upgrade nightmares" are just general user error that would have happened on any other firmware. <flame suit on>

I've installed every single firmware update since getting my Mavic in November, and always flown the next day or within a couple days. I've never had a problem.

Sometimes I'm convinced that 90% of these "after upgrade nightmares" are just general user error that would have happened on any other firmware. <flame suit on>
Same here, never a problem

Reactions: Cut.Aussie

Maybe your flying characteristics are that much different from others? You might not be close to a NFZ, or maybe you fly at different altitudes and speeds? It could be the device you doesn't have the same apps or apps that run in the back ground for whatever reason?

Maybe your flying characteristics are that much different from others? You might not be close to a NFZ, or maybe you fly at different altitudes and speeds? It could be the device you doesn't have the same apps or apps that run in the back ground for whatever reason?

I live about 1 mile from downtown Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I fly with an iPhone7 with my usual apps running in the background, I don't use airplane mode, and I use the GO4 app. A few miles from a major international airport, two smaller private airports, the beach, several hospitals, and NFZ's all over the place. I usually fly at or below 400', sometimes sport mode to return, usually normal mode, and think I use my Mavic the way it was intended to be used, as a recreational drone to capture some cool video and have fun flying when it's safe and allowed to do so.

I normally acknowledge the yellow NFZ warning and just fly as usual. If I get a red NFZ warning...well, I just don't fly. I thought that was kind of common sense.

I don't understand why people feel so compelled to either ignore or challenge NFZ's? If you're in a red area...there's a pretty good chance you should not be flying regardless of how good you think you are, how harmless you're being, or innocent your flight plan is. Again...common sense and user error as I stated before.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki