DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

My mavic on .600 says it's up to date... No update on wifi or LTE. Restarted 3 times. Did DJI pull it already?

Mine also I haven't checked it but no we're dose it say there is a update it just boots up as normal and I can go fly.

Thanks Sean, after watching the comparison between the two drones and how they hold the horizon, I realized mine is within normal limits. Right now my gimbal roll adjust is set at +1.0 and is dead horizontal with very slight movement during yawing and a bit more flying sideways, nothing near what you experienced with your first Mavic.

Glad the video helped.
That first mavic had one too many for sure.
Thing rocked like it was out to sea or something. Lol

As long as its holding in place after you set it you're good to go!

I've been reading this forum a couple month, and Robbyg your one of my favorites I'm waiting on you to jump.

Reactions: SeanOzz
updated from .600 via Assistant 2 on my iMac. Did Mavic Pro first and took around 4 minutes to complete. Then did remote and took about 3 minutes to complete. Fastest update to-date. Will not have time to test until this weekend. Guess I got one of the good Mavics (knock on wood). I have always used DJI assistant 2 and updated the Mavic Pro and remote separately one at a time using a high quality USB cable and have not yet had a single issue on any firmware update andI have installed every release since December.....So I know this works for me so no reason to change now.

I hope those of you having issues updating find a solution as this is unacceptable.....

I updated to .0700 last night using OTA on the house WiFi. It took around 15 minutes all in, with the Magic getting quite hot and the fans running at full chat.

I took it for a fly around the garden at low altitude. Start up, GPS lock, hover and flight control in the light breeze was fully stable. No hint of trouble. I then did a short aerial survey of my house roof (naughty, naughty, slap wrist ) and that was as good as with .0600.

The only thing I noticed was summer occasional video freeze or break up which I've not seen before. But that didn't persist so it may be nothing at all.

Will need more flight time to assess fully. But so far there appears to be no adverse effect updating to the current firmware.

Although there was no prompt to do so I did run through a full IMU and Compass calibration as best practise and in the interests of safety.

Thanks for all the other feedback on this thread. Made for very interesting reading, if not a little scary in places LOL.

I've been reading this forum a couple month, and Robbyg your one of my favorites I'm waiting on you to jump.

Thank you for the kind words.
I will most likely be jumping ship by the end of the month when the goggles arrive. I cannot imagine that they work with .400 so I am going to Join the rest of you guy:)

Rob

Ive just updated with no problems. Im yet to try it. Have had issues with weak signal strength on both .400 and .600. Hope this new update solves it or at least gives me some more distance.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Thank you for the kind words.
I will most likely be jumping ship by the end of the month when the goggles arrive. I cannot imagine that they work with .400 so I am going to Join the rest of you guy:)

Rob

Well, after reading all the reviews yesterday on this forum and another one, I decided I would give it a chance. It took 22 minutes for AC and 12 minutes for RC to download, transmit, and update using Asst.2 on Windows 10. I use Android 5.1.1, Samsung Tab A6. The update process went smooth. After updating form FW.400 to FW-.700 and updated from App 3.1.3 to App.4.0.7, I made 5 different flights yesterday afternoon and used three different batteries. Before take off I checked all settings to be safe. Had to change the usual stuff in general settings and reset my max. altitude and distance settings. Also my custom settings for the RC from .25 to .18 left/right turning. All test flights were in P-mode, OAS were on first 3 flights and OAS were turned off for the last 2 flights.
What I experienced.... Powering up: RC>App>AC>Connected. No more NFZ warning which I did have when I tested FW.600 with app.4.0.6!!! The mode was ATTI until full GPS lock was acquired (less than 10 sec.) then P-Mode GPS 16 locked in. Home point has been set. It then asked me if I wanted to enter "fixed wing mode" before take off??. It did this on all five flights! IMO this was annoying, especially during pre-flight. If I wanted to activate FWM I know how to press C1 during flight.

First 3 flights > (OAS are enabled) Auto-take off > precise landing mode > Yes. Take off ascending at 1 mph to 19ft and then hover, nice and smooth no drift. I then took control and ascended to 97ft. Max speed was 17-20mph with aprox.10-12mph winds according to UAV app. First 3 flights went smooth with no issues other than a couple of weak signal alerts. Video link was good, longest flight was 10 minutes at12,244ft.

Flights 4 and 5 > (OAS are off) Auto-take off>precise landing mode>yes. Take off>ascending at 1 mph to 19ft and hover. I ascend to 180ft and throttle forward 100%. Top speed with OAS off was 27-28mph with a head wind and 32mph with a tail wind. On the 5th flight I activated fixed wing mode. Throttled up to 20mph and slowly released forward throttle control. In FWM the aircraft maintained forward speed consistently at 19 mph +/- .5. The 4th flight distance was 25,820ft and 5th flight was 22,074ft. I used RTH on all five flights and each time was flawless. RTH speed was a constant 22.5mph. At this point I would say (for me) everything seams to be stable running this FW .700 with GO4 .4.0.7 but only time will tell. Need to do more flying to see if I want to stay or go back to FW.400. BTW... Fixed Wing Mode is fun and nice for distance flying. Goggles may be next!

Last edited:
Hi there
Just upgraded to .0700, with go4 app, 22 minutes download and upgrade, no issues. Kept all my settings, waiting for these f****** storms to get the hell out'a here, probably next monday, to burn 3 batts and test it tough. Meanwhile.... I LOVE MY MAVIC

It then asked me if I wanted to enter "fixed wing mode" before take off??. It did this on all five flights! IMO this was annoying, especially during pre-flight. If I wanted to activate FWM I know how to press C1 during flight.
It will not ask you this everytime if you turn off FWM in the settings tab.

Reactions: RAMJET-1
It will not ask you this everytime if you turn off FWM in the settings tab.

Also on mine when that message popped up it had a check box to tell it I did not want to see that message again and I haven't after checking it .

I'm hearing users of .700 have a better range. I haven't tested this yet, but I do know the gimbal is more stable.

I was curious if this was possible so I did some comparisons of some flights that I have made with same wind conditions just this month. I updated yesterday to the latest FW and app. and five test flights. One I flew with fixed wing mode for the flight out almost half way. I took screen shots of that flight travel distance 6,011ft. I took a screen shot of a previous flight (5-5-17) at the same distance 6,010ft when I was running FW.400 and GO3 app.3.1.3. Both flights are the same location and in the afternoon and started both flights 100% battery. Wind out of the S.W. at 10-12MPH.

Screen shot running firmware .700 in Fixed Wing Mode with Obstacle Avoidance Sensors off.
Screenshot_Fixed Wing Mode 5-10-17.png

Screen shot running firmware .400 P-mode with Obstacle Avoidance Sensors off.
Screenshot_P-Mode OAS Off.png

Has anyone else made any comparison in regards to range and battery% running FW mode?? Please post or make a new thread. Interested to see if there is a difference in range.

Last edited:
I updated yesterday also with the go app through OTA without any issues at all. But I said, all my updates was through the dji go app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705