DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

I had a chance to test .0700 firmware today after upgrading a couple of days ago. I did 4 flights, the longest 20:43, the shortest 9:30.

<snip>

During one of those I had a "gimbal glitch" as I've had before going back to January - gimbal briefly goes crazy for 10-20 seconds and makes you think you're about to crash. This time it happened near launch at about 80' so I could see plainly that nothing was wrong with the Mavic - just the gimbal. It recovered and I flew on. This is the 4th time in about 40 flights I've had this - 0700 looks great otherwise but hasn't fixed this issue for me.
Interesting you had a "gimble glitch" too. By this I assume it was actually a reset. Possibly like the one I reported one back in post #87 on my first day out with 0700. I have now done 30 flights with 0700 on my android S7 edge. Was looking OK until this morning when I had another infight gimbal reset. On this occasion it was not at the 4GB file changeover. Instead it occurred when I stopped recording video and started taking some still shots. It came good and I continued the flight. This flight had a solid green signal throughout.

<snip>The 9:30 flight was to 10,129' and it was amazing. FPV was perfect whole time and I have never seen a airdata signal map looking this good on any Android device (have on iOS). I was flying up a hill so was 2-300' AGL - look at this, max error count 6.5:

View attachment 12691

You did well there. I also did a flight out to 16,000' yesterday and the signal was rock solid green the whole way and simlar to yours in the Airdata logs.

However today the very next flight after I had the gimbal reset mentioned above I lost signal at a mere 900' distance for no good reason with clear LOS to aircraft. Out in the countryside nowhere near any interference source. This triggered RTH and as you can see, it still had major signal errors when it was 10 feet away from me having returned home where I was standing inn the middle of a 50 acre empty field. Weird hey.

upload_2017-5-12_17-57-28.png

So I am seeing a few hiccups still. Since this incident I did another clean install of DJIGo4 to see if this helps. My issue could be Android 7 / S7edge related I suppose and not actually the firmware. Although DJIGo4 never quit. It was the RC that lost reception to the aircraft.

Having done this I completed several more flights that went without issue.

Upgraded to .700 over WiFi. Took 15 minutes. No issues during update. Flew 2 batteries in various modes, distances, speeds, recording the entire time. I see no issues or problems whatsoever.

My mavic was built Jan 17th. I've always updated the firmware immediately and never had any problems whatsoever. I use the iOS. Call me lucky, but my mavic has always performed 100% as expected on every flight.

I LOVE MY MAVIC.

I made another test today and, sadly, i have to say that at least in my case .0400 is still the most solid FW out there. So i will roll back again.
What i noticed is that while the gimbal did improve compared to .0600, i still have some glitches each now and then and not only in fixed wing (but mostly).
I had 1 weak signal alert at 3km, but that it might be my fault because i was perpendicular to the bird.
I like to keep video setting on auto, and noticed that with .0400 i was getting a much better quality out of the box. So at the end, while i like to have the fixed wing option, i consider that it doesent worth sacrificing what i am loosing. So now back to 400: will move from this fw only when i'll get goggles.

Reactions: AyeYo and KiterTodd
Upgraded to .700, took a few flights, no issues to report besides frequent crashes of DJI go, which are not related to the firmware as far as I know.

Could this be 0.700 firmware related?

Gimbal goes totally nuts, then becomes unresponsive - cannot change pitch, then video recording gets stopped and then it returns to normal. Happened twice during 6 flights, first time it looked even more serious (unfortunately I wasn´t screen recording yet) and it was unresponsive for 15 seconds. On both occasions it thought drone is going down :(

What is worth noting is that it is brand new mavic and it had just 2 flights on .0600 firmware before updating to 0.700. My previous mavic had just 4 flights in total on 0.600 only but had to be returned for heavily blurred right side.

After update to 0.700 I had to re-calibrate vision sensors due to constant warnings about downward vision sensors and gimbal roll seems to be off a little bit. When trying to flying from house I get intermittent NFZ warnings and cannot take off. Also I seem to have problem with focusing, at least in AFC mode - even when I let AFC focus and then try to lock the focus with switching into MF.

Last edited:
Reactions: KiterTodd
Well... I'm doing upgrade now from 0400 to 0700.
and hopefully get 2 or 3 batteries in.
I'll update with my my findings.

Hope it stays that way, again looks like not for all.

Gimbal goes totally nuts, then becomes unresponsive - cannot change pitch, then video recording gets stopped and then it returns to normal. Happened twice during 6 flights, first time it looked even more serious (unfortunately I wasn´t screen recording yet) and it was unresponsive for 15 seconds. On both occasions it thought drone is going down :(

What is worth noting is that it is brand new mavic and it had just 2 flights on .0600 firmware before updating to 0.700. My previous mavic had just 4 flights in total on 0.600 only but had to be returned for heavily blurred right side.

After update to 0.700 I had to re-calibrate vision sensors due to constant warnings about downward vision sensors and gimbal roll seems to be off a little bit. When trying to flying from house I get intermittent NFZ warnings and cannot take off. Also I seem to have problem with focusing, at least in AFC mode - even when I let AFC focus and then try to lock the focus with switching into MF.

This is not 0700 firmware-related. I've had 4 of these incidents in 40+ flights, stretching back to January. My recent one looked even worse than this but it's the same thing. Gimbal/camera resetting for no reason mid-flight. Lasts maybe 20 seconds then all is well. The first time it happened I was 2000' out and not very high and it was very scary!

Reactions: kubais
If this has already been discussed then apologies.

If your Mavic needs to go to dji for a warranty repair wether a crash or some other issue will the warranty still hold up if you are not on the latest firmware.
I presume dji recommend to immediately update to latest FW or is it a personal choice.

Yes your fine. They would not let us downgrade if that was the case.

Reactions: scooot
Tried .700 with Hangar 360. Couldn't do it at noon, as it should be done (when the sun is up in the sky) as it was cloudy back then. But the result is quite good! ****, that Mavic shoots up in the sky, just like in Sports mode; Hangar surely did some upgrades since I last used it! Photo shooting & processing takes a lot less as before! Here's today's result: Hangar 360 pano with .700

Tried .700 with Hangar 360. Couldn't do it at noon, as it should be done (when the sun is up in the sky) as it was cloudy back then. But the result is quite good! ****, that Mavic shoots up in the sky, just like in Sports mode; Hangar surely did some upgrades since I last used it! Photo shooting & processing takes a lot less as before! Here's today's result: Hangar 360 pano with .700

Terrific venue. Great result. Well done

Since I received my Mavic on 2-25-17 I think I started with .400fw and 4.0.3 app. I have had trouble with .500 no signal on app-screen freeze, .550 was ok but laggy video, .600 app would black out or shutdown , and then .700 with app.4.0.7 seems to be fairly stable but may have some embeded issues that hasn't surfaced just yet. IMHO they (DJI) are getting too many bells and whistles in these firmware and apps that I feel arn't realy necassary which can be distracting in a sense for some of us. I loaded .700 two days ago and have flown 9 test flights in two days. No real problems except for a couple of times no response from control sticks ?? and no warning displayed when the sun made it brake on a false obstical detection, it just beeped repeatedly and the AC stopped dead in its tracks but no displayed warning or verbal warning which previous versions did have. Fixed wing mode was ok but I can do without. So I decided last night to downgrade back to .400 to give the latest firmware and app more time to be proven. I can always upgrade but at some point .400 which in IMHO is the last proven firmware that I have faith in, I'm afraid will no longer be available in the near future. It's the last firmware on the downgrade list so it will be taken down at some point. I still believe DJI should have stand alone firmware and apps. for each individual drone. Too many subroutines compiled into one operating system for multiple drone models slows down processor scan time as well as unexpected or unintended functions and errors that may have been accidently overlooked during the development process. For now I'm going to stick with firmware .400 and GO4 app.4.0.4. Thumbswayup ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: balshawr
This is not 0700 firmware-related. I've had 4 of these incidents in 40+ flights, stretching back to January. My recent one looked even worse than this but it's the same thing. Gimbal/camera resetting for no reason mid-flight. Lasts maybe 20 seconds then all is well. The first time it happened I was 2000' out and not very high and it was very scary!
Thanks a lot for response. I feel immediately better knowing I am not alone in this. Was this behaviour widely reported. Did not came across it browsing through the forums last few months :) Other problem I have is overall blurriness no matter where I focus. Here is a screenshot from todays flight, sharpness on +1

Attachments

• bscap0045.jpg
    bscap0045.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 119
Today was the first flight after the new update and I have to say it all went well without any issues.
But I had some hiccups on the 2nd video of the 3. Something like lag and I don't know if it is the video from the app (because I didn't download the original video) or it was the shutter speed (because I've test for first time my PolarPro ND filters with 1/50 at 24fps.).

return it to the retailer. mine did a similar thing, couldn't fix it. i love the mavic, but i hate dji for rushing the production on these units and using people as testers.

Reactions: SeanOzz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh