DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

.0700 is giving me grief. Choppy video feed and inconsistent altitudes.

I'm going back to .0400.

Does anyone know if the earlier versions of the firmware allow for Goggles? I ordered a pair and don't want to have to upgrade just for those.

I ask because I assume all the YouTube community that's been testing the Goggles have done so on the older FW's?

.0700 is giving me grief. Choppy video feed and inconsistent altitudes.

I'm going back to .0400.

Does anyone know if the earlier versions of the firmware allow for Goggles? I ordered a pair and don't want to have to upgrade just for those.

I ask because I assume all the YouTube community that's been testing the Goggles have done so on the older FW's?

Don't quote me but I think @Robbyg posted he is on .400 but will have to update at the end of the month due to ordering the goggles.
So to answer your question.I don't think you will be able to use the goggles with .400.

I updated to .700 earlier in the week and only had the opportunity to perform some cautious hover and very short distance tests in the back garden. No chance to try out the various modes or anything much (built up area, illegal, that stuff).

Today took the Mavic Pro out to the field with a full set of three charged batteries for a bit of a workout.

Let me start by saying complete success. No problems encountered.

I worked my way through some basic close range flight.
Then a short distance RTL
Airplane mode, just for giggles and to break up the monotony
Auto Take Off
Auto Land
Tracking mode
Follow Me mode
Tap to Fly mode
Tripod mode (y a w n)
Oh and Sport mode of course ....
Basically the entire lot.

I tried out RTL from various distances up to 500m. At these distances there was separation between controller and Mavic Pro that included trees and thick tall bushes, radio signal remained strong. Also from various altitudes up to 122 metres (400 ft). The tests culminated in a heart-stopping deliberate power down of the Controller where the Mavic Pro hovered for a few seconds and then performed a perfect RTL.

The only thing I noticed different (possibly .... not 100% certain) is that the Mavic Pro was reluctant to land on the grass in the field, although quite happy in my back garden! It just hovered, popped a message up on the screen to tell me that it wasn't happy to auto-Land and gave me the chance to take control, which I did, and complete the Landing.

This upgrade was from .600 and I did perform a full set of Calibrations on it despite the conventional advice seen here and elsewhere that there was no need to do so.

HTH

I will probably avoid this, haven't flown in awhile, been super busy and the weather crappy. Seems like every time I haven't flown for awhile DJI decides to do a firmware update.

Reactions: flipf
If it was a ribbon cable, it would be an issue on all firmware versions.
Not necessarily, because the firmware controls how sensitive the device is to certain conditions that may be on the margin because of the ribbon cable, and can be made to be more "tolerant" of spurious conditions that really aren't problematic, but were being detected as being so in earlier firmware.
if it was a GO4 app issue, it would be on all android devices hosting that app.
This is even less true (far less) than the previous assertion.

It is very, very common for an app to run fine on one android device, and crap out on another due to all sorts of factors of the environment they're running in: OS version, other background processes competing for resources, differing security policy configurations, and many more variables. It isn't uncommon for an app to work on one person's phone, and have problems on the exact same model and OS version on another's phone because of the different landscape of OTHER apps installed.

Reactions: sirrraj and Fausto
Back rolled and made a few flights today: each update i make the more i appreciate .0400 when i install it again.

I will probably avoid this, haven't flown in awhile, been super busy and the weather crappy. Seems like every time I haven't flown for awhile DJI decides to do a firmware update.
In order to avoid future FW updates and at the same time do us all a big favor "please fly more frequently "
Thank You :)

They've done it again.

What is the meaning of this?

6f809c7b5eb4fc1d5e520898b9f718d8.jpg
Up-dated yesterday. Flew this morning. All systems worked as tested. Up loaded without any issues also.

Received my MP couple weeks ago. Had 550 and updated all to 600. Flew 4 times on 4 batteries with no gimbal or any other issues. Very solid.
Followed 700 comments for a couple days and decided to update. Did all calibrations on both updates.
Now I have had 2 gimbal resets mid-flight and return to home be a couple foot off twice.
I'm going to try recalibrating compass but if this doesn't help I think I'll try 400.
Couple questions...
Do I need to downgrade remote to 400 also?
Do I need to downgrade the batteries to 400?

I love this forum, thanks all.

Flew .7 yesterday ok. Did alert a NFZ in Tasmania that doesn't exist, but didn't stop me flying. I also get random gimbal errors on startup. Thought they were due to the ND filter on the front, but maybe not.

Referring to my previous post #330. Just tried another 4 batteries and all went fine.

The sun was very bright previously so this time when I took off I turned the MP away from the sun. Did 3 RTH and all perfect.
Could the sun reflecting off my plywood landing pad make a difference in precision when setting the home point or landing making it off by 3 or 4 feet?

Had no gimble re-set this time. Maybe I just hit a bug, there is a lot of them out there. LOL
Will do some more testing tomorrow. Just wish I can get my camera setting the way I like but still working on that.
Going to try to get a sunset pic this evening.
Thanks

Most of the replies so far have revolved around the theme of a smooth installation and no obvious bugs. Since most people use the RC to do installations I think the smooth installation part is mostly due to improved loader code in .600 and has little to do with .700

Putting all of that aside what benefit have you gained using .700??

I see people who had gimbal issues and other problems with .500/.550/.600 saying the problem has gone away with .700 but many say they also never had the problem with .400

Are there any new features or is this really just .400 with fixed wing mode a NFZ nanny and the same range loss just like the previous versions?

Rob

Hey @Robbyg , what version of GO4 app do you use with .0700?

Hey @Robbyg , what version of GO4 app do you use with .0700?

IOS 4.04 on an iphone 6 Plus.

BTW I don't know why people think 4.03 is the proper match for .0400
From DJI release notes it says 4.04 for iOS and 4.02 for Android.
Not that it really matters since they all seem to work.

Rob

Last edited:
Don't quote me but I think @Robbyg posted he is on .400 but will have to update at the end of the month due to ordering the goggles.
So to answer your question.I don't think you will be able to use the goggles with .400.

Scooot I am praying I don't have to update, but the chances of that are probably very slim. The Goggles have existed from the earliest firmware versions but the question is did DJI only test it on specific in house firmware or have they always incorporated it into the code.

Rob

Been following the thread for a while.
I don't see the point of upgrading as I don't intend to own goggles and the fact that the last update on Android put me out of the air for 3 days while I got the bugs ironed out.

My second and main reason is i have watched a few YouTubes on downgrading by turning on the controller and toggling the RH top screen menu bars to locate the 'Older version list'....
This list is not an option on my Android app, so if it sucks I won't be able to downgrade again....

So just tested last weekend with .700
Im not sure im happy with this firmware. I was flying not further than 2 km over a lake and disconnected there was a small town close to the lake and there might have been a cellular antenna, but I think that they think that making the controller more "sensitive" to increase range has also make it receive more interference.

Received my MP couple weeks ago. Had 550 and updated all to 600. Flew 4 times on 4 batteries with no gimbal or any other issues. Very solid.
Followed 700 comments for a couple days and decided to update. Did all calibrations on both updates.
Now I have had 2 gimbal resets mid-flight and return to home be a couple foot off twice.
I'm going to try recalibrating compass but if this doesn't help I think I'll try 400.
Couple questions...
Do I need to downgrade remote to 400 also?
Do I need to downgrade the batteries to 400?

I love this forum, thanks all.
Why did you recalibrate? Did you had warning message.?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet