DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

80% more run time than lipo

I"ve now got 2 and they work.
Has anyone ever stripped down a mavic battery to see if we can convert to these, this would be awesome.
1 of these titan batteries where the standard mavic batteries go.
And a second one strapped to mavic with battery mod.
Then a 3w applified antenna booster all available on max uav.com.
30 kilometre out and 30 kilometre back easy.

Last edited:
Titan battery above approx 25 amps average mavic speed
40 amps constant
70 amps burst 60 seconds
I believe the mavic motors only pull around 4-5 amps each because of the ultra low resistance so these should work.
Has anyone ever put an amp meter on a mavic to see?
I'll do it later

Reactions: BigMotor
A standard mavic 3s lipo is 43w hours as per dji website spec sheet.
A Titain 3s advance lithium ion is 78w hours as per their spec sheet on above website,....so nearly twice the run time especially as you can safely run these down to 2.5 volt per cell.

Reactions: BigMotor
You can make your 18650 pack, sanyo 18650GA are 3350mah are rated for 10A.
A better battery would be the Sony VTC6 3000mah which are rated for 15A and upto 19a for a few minutes.

The Sony is better for two reason one it can do sports mode better and second it has a lower voltage sag throughout its discharge. Now the mavic uses 4.35v cell where as the sony are 4.2v cells but they can dicharge all the way down to 2.5v/cell with no fire.

Some one in china already posted a video of a mavic with vtc6 test.

Reactions: Ilo071
You can make your 18650 pack, sanyo 18650GA are 3350mah are rated for 10A.
A better battery would be the Sony VTC6 3000mah which are rated for 15A and upto 19a for a few minutes.

The Sony is better for two reason one it can do sports mode better and second it has a lower voltage sag throughout its discharge. Now the mavic uses 4.35v cell where as the sony are 4.2v cells but they can dicharge all the way down to 2.5v/cell with no fire.

Some one in china already posted a video of a mavic with vtc6 .
Hi wrapper

Do you know anyone that is making up these Sanyo' into packs?
If not I think someone better get on it coz these seem like a massive business opportunity.
Surely if these were readily available we would never look back to using lipo'
Have you seen the crash test that was done on these on YouTube.......lipo was destroy......Titan batteries no damage at all............makes you think this could save a burning up your favourite RC through a lipo fire.
I'll see if I can find the link.

The issue with lithium ion batteries is that the they need to be discharged down to below 3.2V or less to get most of the energy out of them. Lipos are dead at 3.5V. You would need to fly your mavic past the point that the main battery switches off. At that point you won't get any battery info returned, like percentage remaining. Additionally Mavic would be flying at a voltage level that is less than what it's designed for. It may work, but some testing would need to be done.

The issue with lithium ion batteries is that the they need to be discharged down to below 3.2V or less to get most of the energy out of them. Lipos are dead at 3.5V. You would need to fly your mavic past the point that the main battery switches off. At that point you won't get any battery info returned, like percentage remaining. Additionally Mavic would be flying at a voltage level that is less than what it's designed for. It may work, but some testing would need to be done.

Hi Cybernate

Its been done,see link to video and photo's, however, he's keeping it a secret about the little circuit board that he made in the photo's to get over the problem you speak of above.
It needs some clever sod on here to tell us what this little board is.
when scrolling through the photo's go to the one's that relate to the mavic.
Watch the video from start to finish, its seems like a ridiculous distance.....like he's gone from one side of the city to the other
From the photo's it looks like he's tried every battery mod possible
Regards
John from the UK
LINKS:
Photo's of mods: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=SkVoSXZhUXBCcW5Scl9pMVBJc1daQkV5OV9CcXBR

Reactions: AirBean and digdat0
If you look at the photo's It looks like he does away with the DJI lipo all together and just goes with the double capacity LI-ion's.......maybe the small board is a step up transformer so mavic see's higher voltage,...I'm no wizzkid so I'm just guessing.

I"ve now got 2 and they work.
Mavic 1 hour flight duration
Has anyone ever stripped down a mavic battery to see if we can convert to these, this would be awesome.
1 of these titan batteries where the standard mavic batteries go.
And a second one strapped to mavic with battery mod.
Then a 3w applified antenna booster all available on max uav.com.
30 kilometre out and 30 kilometre back easy.

o.k, if you claim a 1 hour flight, please show airdata report/link!
this I gotta see.

Reactions: digdat0
for one thing, nothing in the distance video that I seen states that he was using 18650s or titans. The only picture of his aircraft on the same deck he took off from in the video shows him using what looks like a 3500 MAH lipo.
The little battery board was probably the board out of a Mavic battery wired up to a alternative pack. The next video using the 18650s instead of stock mavic battery you could imagine was using an unlocked Mavic parameters set up to use third-party battery. Evidence of that is his other picture where they showed him going 3000 feet high or so. so I'm still waiting to see some evidence that 18650s are even good for distance, after all they've been tried in the past with less than great results on the phantom series. Some will say that 18650s have gotten better in the past year. but not even sure he did those distances with those batteries. And to be fair he only went about 30,000 feet[emoji41]

Does this test not show nearly twice the runtime of lipo's or am I missing something, especially as he says he could of run them on another 1000mah per cell

Last edited:
Whatever's happening he's selling shed loads of them and theres people reporting double the runtime of lipo's trying them in planes.
I'm going to try mine in a plane this weekend and see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne