DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

8331 quiet props scratched my quadcopter

Rocker4jmav

Reactions
Has anyone also experienced your quiet props scratching up your quad copter? Mine are not from Dji and it was a windy day but still...

Reactions: Scooped
Yes sports mode(cuz of high winds) yes some emergency braking i guess i need to use them on less windy days?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-18-13-28-05.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-18-13-28-05.png
    216.2 KB · Views: 122
Well now that the bird is scratched you could continue to use them as now the damage is done. Or conceal with a "skin" and then stop using them.

Well now that the bird is scratched you could continue to use them as now the damage is done. Or conceal with a "skin" and then stop using them.
Aside from the fact that sound of the props banging against the body probably defeats the whole "quiet" thing!

Reactions: charliesRig
I bet the pilot did not even notice the occasional contact with the drone body as this would only happen when the props flexed under Sport Mode coupled with hard braking.

Thank you for all your responses guy. Dji props or not, under high winds and sport mode same results would occur, the scratches are very insignificant so all is good, also the ambient noise of outside (and windy day) would not allow me to hear and extra scratching sound. My only reason to want to use the 8331 quiet props was MOSTLY for effieciency. With original props 567 avg. Rpm and with Quiet props the avg. Rpm was 485. I am now aware of the pros and cons, thanks everyone for chiming in, Happy flying my Mavic brothers! Well and sisters lol!

Rock M.

Dji props or not, under high winds and sport mode same results would occur.
I flew my Mavic Pro for almost a year with low-noise props, including in windy conditions and sport mode and had no scratches at all.

I bought a set on Ebay, they flex way to much, just didnt seem right, so I never use them. I probably would of had the same issue. I just stayed with original DJI props, and still have the same set on since new and I have flown the crap out them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J